Author Topic: Forgotten Hope 2 wants YOU!  (Read 13345 times)

Offline Dogbox

• View Profile
Re: Forgotten Hope 2 wants YOU!
« Reply #45 on: 28-03-2011, 22:03:44 »
I have applied for a 3d modeling, animating and mapping position through e-mail. I have recently downloaded the mod (never played it before) but heard it's the best bf2 WWII mod out there. I'm not unfamiliar with mods actually, I just never had the time to download this one.

I previously worked on a mod with a team of +25 team members called Insurgent Strike (website is still online, but production of the mod stopped abruptly). All other details are included in the e-mail with a few screenshots of some of my work.

:)

Dogbox

azreal

« Reply #46 on: 28-03-2011, 22:03:21 »
Thank you Dogbox. I'll inform the team of your email and we'll get back to you shortly.

Offline Neighbor Kid

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 01-04-2011, 19:04:27 »
so i do wonder how many peeps sent over emails of their work and applied to the dev team..
http://i52.tinypic.com/245iq1l.jpg
My Day Begins When Your Days End

Offline Dogbox

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 02-04-2011, 21:04:43 »
Is that bad or something? cause I don't get it

Offline [130.Pz]S.Lainer

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • 130th
« Reply #49 on: 02-04-2011, 22:04:27 »

What?  That is nothing.  You should trying listening to Neighbor in TS
http://www.bfewaw.com/campaigns/waw24/promo/campaign/waw24banner1.png
The purpose of this deployment was to "annoy and defy the United States ... on her with Bofors 40 mm guns from a range of 650

Offline Neighbor Kid

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 05-04-2011, 21:04:14 »

What?  That is nothing.  You should trying listening to Neighbor in TS

No it was a serious question thats all i meant nothing by it i was just wondering how many people emailed and applied to be a dev that is all nothing more nothing less. a legit question =)
http://i52.tinypic.com/245iq1l.jpg
My Day Begins When Your Days End

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 26-06-2011, 02:06:20 »
I have read whole thread (for another time) and I must admit that I always wished to start mapping, coding, 3D modeling or anything else what could help with FH2 development. My main problem (and I believe that problems of some others) is that it is still only a wish because I never had done something like this before, I have no experience and any knowlegde from in this area and I'm a little bit affraid of difficulties of modding at the beggining.
Would be nice to see devs reveal their secrets about their starts in developement here in their free time someday. Some said something already but I always want to know exactly which programs are best to do this and that and which one is good to start from zero and learn something (google isn't as good guide as hint from proffesionals  ;) ) Antoher thing are some tutorials in doing stuff - the best ones you guys know and you recomend or those wich you have used to learn at the beginning....  ;)

I think if some of you will tell the community a little bit more about it, about your professions, it will attract at least few guys and maybe they will become FH2 developers someday...  ::)
« Last Edit: 26-06-2011, 09:06:54 by jan_kurator »

Offline Aggroman

• FH-Betatester
  • This place needs more love -> ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 26-06-2011, 12:06:00 »
You should first decide what you want to do and the devs will reveal their secrets of modding to you. :P
Best thing would be to join the #fhmod irc channel, always the best place for such talk. :)

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 26-06-2011, 13:06:44 »
I was thinking more about them telling about what did they do at the begging of their modding. Coders about coding, mappers about making maps, 3D artist about some software their used/using in general.

After reading such post about for example codin some may tell "I can try/learn this, it could be fun" and start thier history with developing... ;)

If I will decide to start mapping or anything else and got some concrete question I will ask then some mapper for sure but thanks for the advice! ;)
« Last Edit: 26-06-2011, 13:06:26 by jan_kurator »

Offline hitm4k3r

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 26-06-2011, 14:06:19 »
As mentioned before, you first have to think about, what you wanna do. Me for example started modeling few months ago, just to see how it works. At the moment I am modeling a weapon and trying to texture it. And the fears you have about not having any experience are not relevant, as everybody has started anything from scratch. Nobody of the Devs was born with the possibilties for modding. They all decided to learn it from scratch and as you can see, they did it very well  ;D

So if you want to model something you have to get 3ds max 9 ( there are also more up-to-date versions, but the v.9 is the last one, that supports the battlefield 2 plugin. For texturing you can use Adobe Photoshop CS5 (it is the newest version, I think). - The only problem with this Programs: they cost money and are quiet expensive. But you can try to get a trial version of them just to see alittlebit how it works and to see, whether it makes fun. To my mind modeling and texturing are very nice, kind of meditative.  ;D
Good tutorials are described in the modding section. There is a very good tutorial about modeling a Beretta 9000 in the thread "How to model a handweopon". There are a lot lot of basics explained. Another good tutorial is this one, as it shows you, how to unwrap step by step and how to use photoshop: http://www.moddb.com/tutorials/creating-a-weapon-for-source-part-2
But don't make the mistake as me and start modeling a rifle - it can get very painful but it is also a big challenge and when stay on it you get a lot of techniques. For example how to texture a scope lense or a wooden texture (what is still a big problem for me). I think it is better, if you start with a knife or a pistol.

You can also try to do mapping, what is more needed for the mod, as I got it right from the statements of the devs. Good thing is: you only need the BF2editor, what is free and some other stuff (object.zips) and so on. You can find this files also in the modding section. There are also a lot of turorials in the www. in this case google is your friend.

So I hope this helps you a littlebit.

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 26-06-2011, 17:06:57 »
well, that's a kind of post I was talking about. Thank you very much for that response ;)

Offline Ciupita

• Gay Lord
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 01-07-2011, 14:07:59 »
You can also try to do mapping, what is more needed for the mod, as I got it right from the statements of the devs. Good thing is: you only need the BF2editor, what is free and some other stuff (object.zips) and so on. You can find this files also in the modding section. There are also a lot of turorials in the www. in this case google is your friend.

I'm sure devs will welcome new mappers too, but mostly they need new modellers. If you can do player models, I'm sure they will "hire" you immediately
« Last Edit: 01-07-2011, 14:07:25 by Ciupita »

Offline Krätzer

• Developer
  • Bitter Lemon
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 12-07-2011, 21:07:35 »

I'm sure devs will welcome new mappers too, but mostly they need new modellers. If you can do player models, I'm sure they will "hire" you immediately

Static Modellers, too

Offline Ekalbs

• Bored
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 16-07-2011, 19:07:20 »
What exactly are you looking for as far as Iphone development? As much as i hate X-Code is still understand it or are you just trying to develop an update app for mobile devices?
Warhammer 40,000: Unverse At War Dev Team
Battlefield 1918 Coder

Offline :| Hi

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 17-07-2011, 10:07:41 »
That'd be cool  :)

[2:06:54 PM] Tolga: cant use tha shit underwater -Tolga on the G3