Author Topic: Lower recoil in smg's and pistols  (Read 2608 times)

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
Re: Lower recoil in smg's and pistols
« Reply #15 on: 14-10-2011, 16:10:39 »
A chance to transform yet another thread into "BRING BACK THE 2.0 SUPPRESSION"? Count me in!

Srsly, who are these mysterious individuals who wanted to tone down the suppression? Whenever I see someone posting about it here, everyone is wanting the old suppression back.
I'm talking here about not having suppression effect at all since 2.4

that's because you use ingame anti aliasing instead of the the new graphic card one.

Offline Beaufort

• WIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 14-10-2011, 17:10:04 »
A chance to transform yet another thread into "BRING BACK THE 2.0 SUPPRESSION"? Count me in!

Srsly, who are these mysterious individuals who wanted to tone down the suppression? Whenever I see someone posting about it here, everyone is wanting the old suppression back.

:-X That's a goddamn lie !

http://fhpubforum.warumdarum.de/index.php?topic=15847.120

Now back on topic, thx.

Offline evhgear

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 14-10-2011, 17:10:28 »
recoil is okay on SMG, but some are able to shoot in full auto quite far with great precision sometimes, wich I found a bit wierd. For pistols and revolvers, I ain't use them enough to really notice the recoil, all I know is that pistols lack stopping power, wich is normal, who wants 1shot pistols.

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 14-10-2011, 18:10:52 »

I'm talking here about not having suppression effect at all since 2.4

that's because you use ingame anti aliasing instead of the the new graphic card one.
lol, no. It works only without any anti aliasing at all (and it is not only my problem, afaik it is some video cards issue) and where is bullet crack? As there were topics about that already - let's back on topic, now
« Last Edit: 14-10-2011, 18:10:53 by jan_kurator »

Offline McCloskey

• Developer
  • Heart or head, either way Jerry's dead!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 14-10-2011, 20:10:12 »

lol, no. It works only without any anti aliasing at all (and it is not only my problem, afaik it is some video cards issue) and where is bullet crack? As there were topics about that already - let's back on topic, now
yes, both in-game and the graphic card AA on my HD5770 disable suppresion effects... which sucks but something I'll have to live with till I buy a new card (6950) - will let know if anything changes. also there's a simple solution to the bullet crack issue, actually - someone fudged up the BULLET FLYBY paragraph in ImpactSounds.con (common_server.zip\Material). so if you increase the soundRadius, halfVolumeDistance and volume by a little bit, you should be able to hear the bullet crack (that's what I did and it worked).

on topic: the recoil on SMGs and pistols is okay(ish), I wouldn't lower it (not drastically anyway) - the bigger issue is how far some weapons are from screen (see Archimonday's utube channel), and it's more of a visual issue (having the pistol 5 cm in front of my eyes just does look weird, I'm sorry :P)

Offline SH81

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 15-06-2012, 01:06:41 »
I'd like it toned down a bit, but not to the point where it's CoD. I hate it when I fire the thompson , and 2 shots later I'm a yard off. even when I try to compensate for the recoil, it never seems to work well. I'm more of a rifle person, though, so what would I know?

Offline Comrade Roe

• Achtung panzer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 29-06-2012, 06:06:12 »
From what I've heard, the Thompson's 45 ACP is balanced out by the weight of the gun.

BTW, you shouldn't be shooting short range assault/last resort weapons at anything further than 200m. Especially pistols.