Author Topic: key bindings  (Read 462 times)

Offline mr.mana

• View Profile
key bindings
« on: 17-02-2010, 18:02:53 »
Hi
this is probably the most stupid question ever asked but, i cant find a solution to that.

I was trying to reset the controls expecially for aircrafts.
My problem is that i need to put L-ctrl for second weapon and spacebar for first weapon, everytime i try to set L-ctrl  it says that there is already a duplicate command under common controls.
it seems strange to me since i use spacebar for jump and first fire and the game doesn't say anything, but with ctrl it doesn't seems possible.
tnx

Offline Desertfox

• Knowledge is power, and power corupts.
    • View Profile
Re: key bindings
« Reply #1 on: 17-02-2010, 19:02:17 »
At the bottom of the control options, there is a set too default option

Offline Ionizer

• Carrier of Squirrel Flu
    • View Profile
Re: key bindings
« Reply #2 on: 17-02-2010, 20:02:57 »
Left CTRL is set as the Freelook for all vehicles.  The only one you can change in the In Game Options is the Freelook for Aircraft.  However, it also the Freelook for Tanks and AT Guns.

This setting is actually set in the Controls.con file and doesn't show up in the Options menu because nothing other than aircraft can use Freelook in Vanilla BF2.  The FH2 Devs added Freelook to other vehicles, so upon installing FH2, it changes a setting (probably adding a line of code) into the Controls.con file that corresponds to Tank and AT Gun Freelook.

To change it:  Go to Documents\Battlefield 2\Profiles.  Find the Number of the Profile you want to change (if its the only profile you've made, it should be 0001).  Open the Controls.con file (and/or the Controls.fh2.con file) in Notepad and find the line that says
Code: [Select]
ControlMap.create LandPlayerInputControlMap
and then find the line a few lines down that says
Code: [Select]
ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_PIMouseLook IDFKeyboard IDKey_LeftCtrl 0 0
Then change "LeftCtrl" there to some other key (make sure that the new key is not in use, of course).  BTW, Freelook in Tanks and AT Guns is very useful, so make sure the key is still within reach.  Then save the document.  Then you should be able to use the In-Game Options menu to set the rest of your controls.

Make sure to be very careful when changing stuff in that file, or else it might screw up your whole control scheme (especially make sure whatever key you assign to that function is not already in use).

Of course, you could skip all of this and just set some other key to "Second Weapon" and keep the Freelook where it is.  Up to you.