Author Topic: 3inch mortar, problem  (Read 820 times)

Offline aserafimov

• Developer
    • View Profile
3inch mortar, problem
« on: 23-07-2010, 21:07:17 »
Hi,

Here's what I noticed during my work over 64-size Villers Bocage

when I am firing with the german mortar all is OK...I mean:
 + degree elevation is close range fire and the shell explodes in front of me(1st photo);
 - degree elevation is long range fire(2nd photo);

german mortar:

let's now looked at the brit 3inch mortar:

+ degree elevation is close range fire, but it fires as a long range fire, you cannot see shell explosion(1st photo);

- degree elevation is long range fire, but it fires as a close range fire(2nd photo)...also the shell does not explode in front of you...but in left of you???(3rd photo)

brit mortar:

please, could someone fix it?
it appeared when I installed the last Drawde's update, I am not 100% sure, but in previous version of Drawde's mod all was OK with the mortras
« Last Edit: 23-07-2010, 21:07:38 by aserafimov »

Offline Drawde

• View Profile
Re: 3inch mortar, problem
« Reply #1 on: 23-07-2010, 22:07:02 »
I reversed the elevation controls for the British 3in mortar, as otherwise bots can't aim it properly (not sure why exactly).
Haven't noticed any problems with aiming/firing it myself, but I'll have a look later on to see if I get the same problem as you. I usually leave mortar firing to the AI as they're a lot better at it than me (and don't need a spotter)!

Offline aserafimov

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 23-07-2010, 22:07:29 »
I reversed the elevation controls for the British 3in mortar, as otherwise bots can't aim it properly (not sure why exactly).
Haven't noticed any problems with aiming/firing it myself, but I'll have a look later on to see if I get the same problem as you. I usually leave mortar firing to the AI as they're a lot better at it than me (and don't need a spotter)!

I liked what you did with the mortars, the last aiming view of the mortars is much better then unrealistic previous aiming view.

will wait for your revert...thanks!

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 24-07-2010, 07:07:40 »
Yeah, I noticed the mortar firing off-centre on Siege of Tobruk.

I'll have to go back and check it 'cause I'm sure it was only when I rotated it to fire at the tanks crossing the first defensive line. If I was shooting at them coming down the hill it was ok.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 24-07-2010, 13:07:09 »
Wierd, I haven't noted anything wrong with mortars at all