Author Topic: Help with mapping/Creation of Vichy French Forces  (Read 534 times)

Offline Patchman123

• View Profile
Help with mapping/Creation of Vichy French Forces
« on: 10-03-2018, 23:03:08 »
Well everyone, 12 years ago in 2006, I made 2 maps.  One was called "Operation Torch" and the other one was about the Singapore campaign in Asia waged by the Japanese against the British.  Since Vichy France used the same regular flag of France that has been used since 1789, I will use that instead. I was thinking about modelling the Vichy French forces that will fight the Allied Landings in the Operation Torch map.  Could I please receive some help in designing the Operation Torch map?  Do any of you where everything would go? What did North Africa look like during Operation Torch, the invasion of Vichy-held French North Africa in November, 1942. How do you make flags? How do you make 3D models? I was thinking about making a 3D model of the Dewoitine D. 520 fighter that was used during Operation Torch against the Allies. I know NOTHING about 3D modelling.

I am going to do some 3D modelling.  I have no idea where the original map file that was created in Battlecraft 1942 went. That was in 2006 and I have no idea where it has gone since.

I have no idea why Medal of Honor Allied Assault has you fighting the Germans in North Africa, instead of the Vichy French.  There is an anachronism with the Panzerschreck anti-tank rocket being used in November 1942, in the game MOHAA, instead of it being ACTUALLY used in 1943.

Do I use the French dialogue from the original Battlefield 1942? I have no idea how to make flags or how to make 3D models. PM me if you have anything else.

Offline blander

• View Profile
Re: Help with mapping/Creation of Vichy French Forces
« Reply #1 on: 11-03-2018, 00:03:04 »
Hi! I did some basic model and texture modifications back in FH1. I tried to download 3dsmax to try do some stuff for FH2 but I can´t even find a download link. If you are able to figure it out you can probably use FH1 models http://forgottenhope.warumdarum.de/vehicles.php?country=6&type=2

Offline Patchman123

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11-03-2018, 00:03:19 »
Hi! I did some basic model and texture modifications back in FH1. I tried to download 3dsmax to try do some stuff for FH2 but I can´t even find a download link. If you are able to figure it out you can probably use FH1 models http://forgottenhope.warumdarum.de/vehicles.php?country=6&type=2

Do you have any of the original models? Are there any files that currently exist?

Offline blander

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11-03-2018, 00:03:24 »
I bet you can download FH1 from the FH main page. I think you would have to retexture the plane to make it work in FH2, I don´t know that for certain though. You would also have to code it. I´d take an already existing plane in FH2 as base code and modify it accordingly.

Offline Seth_Soldier

• Developer
  • "Mort aux cons !"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11-03-2018, 11:03:26 »
imo, you should first finish and test your map with content available to be sure it works and it look nice.
(by example using german for the moment)
If your map works great, then you will be able to replace things piece by piece more easily

Offline Jimi Hendrix

• Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 11-03-2018, 16:03:20 »
 Building a map is allot like building a car & it appears you know what kind of car you want to build, but have no mechanical aptitude for engines.

Why not team up on a project with someone that knows something you dont and learn from each other.
like say ...blanders Berlin project.

Otherwise, good luck.
 ;)