Author Topic: New Map Ideas (Post Yours)  (Read 3032 times)

Offline fighterpil

• View Profile
New Map Ideas (Post Yours)
« on: 18-01-2018, 20:01:55 »
Post your map ideas for Forgotten Hope 2 here!

Offline fighterpil

• View Profile
Re: New Map Ideas (Post Yours)
« Reply #1 on: 18-01-2018, 20:01:07 »
Here are a few map ideas that I'd love to see in FH2:

Battle of Berlin
Battle of Stalingrad
Battle of Moscow
Battle of Dunkirk
Battle of The Hague
Siege of Lille
Operation Iskra
Operation Market Garden
Operation Dragoon
Battle of The Scheldt
Battle of the Dnieper
Battle of Singapore
Battle of Attu
Operation Bagration
Battle of Savo Island

and last but definitely not least: The Invasion of Pearl Harbor!

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 18-01-2018, 20:01:10 »
Posting just a list of battle names that we probably know more about than you is not very useful. In fact, it is actually in the rules not to do that. However, if anyone wants to post an actual map concept (like that arnhem one), you can do it in here. Not that it matters, but could be fun.

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile

Offline fighterpil

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 18-01-2018, 21:01:59 »
Oh, sorry about that. I'll post more detailed ideas here and in separate threads.
« Last Edit: 18-01-2018, 21:01:43 by fighterpil »

Offline Jimi Hendrix

• Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 18-01-2018, 21:01:39 »
 OK i'll play along since i'm snowed in, off work and bored.

Considering the Dev's manpower limitations, TS4EVER's cooking analogy's & current focus on the Eastern Front, here is my suggestion.

Narva Offensive (18–24 March 1944)

This would be possible i believe considering the equipment, uniforms, statics & weapons currently available. Also the terrain favors an easier build do to the water coverage. Plus there isn't a eastern from map in this area.

Design:
The objective of the Soviet offensive was the headquarters of the XXXXIII Army Corps on the Lastekodumägi height in the Sinimäed Hills next to the highway between Narva–Tallinn, sixteen kilometres west of Narva. The defence was built up as an array of posts between the hills and the railway.

8)

« Last Edit: 18-01-2018, 21:01:27 by Jimi Hendrix »

Offline fighterpil

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 18-01-2018, 21:01:47 »
Posting just a list of battle names that we probably know more about than you is not very useful. In fact, it is actually in the rules not to do that. However, if anyone wants to post an actual map concept (like that arnhem one), you can do it in here. Not that it matters, but could be fun.

I'll post a few detailed threads like that one sometime, sorry about this. BTW, can you help me? I've got a problem when I play FH2, more info here: http://fhpubforum.warumdarum.de/index.php?topic=21624.0 Thanks!

Offline fighterpil

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 18-01-2018, 21:01:00 »
OK i'll play along since i'm snowed in, off work and bored.

Considering the Dev's manpower limitations, TS4EVER's cooking analogy's & current focus on the Eastern Front, here is my suggestion.

Narva Offensive (18–24 March 1944)

This would be possible i believe considering the equipment, uniforms, statics & weapons currently available. Also the terrain favors an easier build do to the water coverage. Plus there isn't a eastern from map in this area.

Design:
The objective of the Soviet offensive was the headquarters of the XXXXIII Army Corps on the Lastekodumägi height in the Sinimäed Hills next to the highway between Narva–Tallinn, sixteen kilometres west of Narva. The defence was built up as an array of posts between the hills and the railway.

8)

Nice idea! Thanks for the details. :)

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 18-01-2018, 21:01:28 »
That map exists, I have it somewhere. It was started by a beta testers who left. IIRC the Russians had to cross a railroad line and then go up the hills (Orphanage hill and another one).

Offline fighterpil

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 18-01-2018, 21:01:53 »
That map exists, I have it somewhere. It was started by a beta testers who left. IIRC the Russians had to cross a railroad line and then go up the hills (Orphanage hill and another one).

Oh, really? Is it completed?

Offline Jimi Hendrix

• Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 18-01-2018, 21:01:28 »

Oh, really? Is it completed?

He just posted that It was started by a beta testers, meaning no. :-\

Cool TS. If you find it post a mini map or whatever is available. Would be interesting to see what his plans were.

;)

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 18-01-2018, 21:01:20 »
If it was completed, you would be able to see it in the in game map selection menu ;)

Offline pizzzaman

• Test Map De-coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 18-01-2018, 22:01:44 »
Same as Jimi, also snowed here and bored. I was recently reading Osprey's "Operation Torch" book and became interested in the Battle for Port Lyautey. Stiff Vichy French resistance, and multiple counterattacks kept pushing Americans away from the Kasbah.

I imagine this map would feel like a mix of Omaha Beach and Sidi Bou Zid considering the situation and environment. I made a quick map layout below:

The US can land and cap three beach points and then has to proceed inland: either to the airfield in the north, the Kasbah in the center, or the Rabat road in the south. Afterwards, directly assault and defend the port city.

What can I say, I'd love to see the French in the game someday (even if they aren't fighting along the allies).
You are bathing in misery and hope, waiting for someone to come and pull the plug.

Offline fighterpil

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 18-01-2018, 22:01:01 »
If it was completed, you would be able to see it in the in game map selection menu ;)

Oh, lol. Sorry about that, I wasn't sure if there were some completed maps that hadn't been added to the game yet.

Offline fighterpil

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 18-01-2018, 22:01:42 »
Here's a map that I've been wanting to see in Forgotten Hope 2 for quite some time now: The Attack on Pearl Harbor. I'm not sure if the FH2 team would be willing to develop this, since CMP has been the only source of Pacific front content, but I thought I'd still put it out there nonetheless. Here is a bit of info regarding the attack: