Author Topic: Need Help! (Especially from you reenactors) US Medic Helmet Gift  (Read 811 times)

Offline TASSER

• View Profile
Hey everyone!

I visited Bastogne last month with my Dad and it was a really special experience. There we saw a US helmet with medic markings painted on it for sale in one of the shops. He really regrets not taking a good look at it and bringing it home and has been kicking himself since we got back. His birthday is coming up soon, and I thought this would be a great gift! I really want an original one, but I'll settle for a real good reproduction.

Here's where I need help: I'd like to know if you know any good sites where I'd be able to pick one up. I trust you guys' opinions a heck of a lot more than Google! Ebay has been pretty slim at least these past few days and I've only found a couple other decent sites.

Any guidance, information, or direction would be vastly appreciated :)

Thanks so much guys!
BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!
BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! –ping       <3

Offline Captain Pyjama Shark

• Masterspammer
  • Captain of the Gravy Train
    • View Profile
Alexander & Sons used to have one, I know.  I got a French Adrian helmet from them and it is absolute quality, authentic and fixed up.

Also, since we both went to Bastogne the same week (maybe even same day haha) as I saw a while back, which gift shop did you see it in, out of curiosity?  I think I may have seen the very same one.

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
http://www.alexanderandsonsrestorations.com/Home/default.html

Only this and nothing but.  I personally know the guy who does this, and have gotten numerous things from him.  He is basically the god-king amoung reenactors for helmets.

Offline nvrsummer2

• View Profile
Hey VonMudra: Where else can you buy immpressions? Id really like to get a get-up and camp out at FtMac next year. Also id like to do other WW2 events.

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
You would first have to join a unit, and then the unit can get you set up.  However first you would want to attend a battle or two to see how you like it, and the unit can fully equip you with loaner gear for that, so you don't have to dump a lot of money down, and find out you don't like it, or such.  Shoot me a pm and we can talk more.  Even better, if you have msn/aim/skype, shoot me it and I'll add yah. :P

Offline :| Hi

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
Its a lie, he never uses AIM or MSN anymore, best bet is probably skype  :P

[2:06:54 PM] Tolga: cant use tha shit underwater -Tolga on the G3

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Yes I do...? |:

Offline TASSER

• View Profile
Thanks for the help guys!

And yeah CPS, I remember you mentioning you were going to be in Bastogne haha, how'd you enjoy it?

I saw the helmet at an Airborne museum right near the Sherman in the middle of the town. If you type in "Bastogne, Belgium" into Google maps, it will put the place marker pretty much right on the tank, and the museum was near there :)
BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!
BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! –ping       <3

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
Heh, I was there last summer.
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline GuinNess

• Member of Irishforce
    • View Profile

And yeah CPS, I remember you mentioning you were going to be in Bastogne haha, how'd you enjoy it?

I saw the helmet at an Airborne museum right near the Sherman in the middle of the town. If you type in "Bastogne, Belgium" into Google maps, it will put the place marker pretty much right on the tank, and the museum was near there :)

That shop on the corner is closed but there is another little shop if you drive on the road to Neufchâteau.

The new Airborne museum is just beautiful! The puppets they have there are so detailed, when I was there I nearly got scared because I thought they were real. http://www.militariabastogne.eu/home/1

Offline Captain Pyjama Shark

• Masterspammer
  • Captain of the Gravy Train
    • View Profile

Yep, saw the same helmet in the same shop!  I was tempted by it as well.