Author Topic: Trash films!  (Read 1156 times)

Offline Timmay9/11

• Toff Opic
    • View Profile
Trash films!
« on: 01-04-2010, 16:04:45 »
As you may have noticed already by looking at ma avatar I’m a big fan of trash movies, even more when they add Nazis to those films. I started this thread so people with the same joy of nazi trash can exchange and recommend this stuff.

So, let me start wih a few trashy films which contain also Nazis.

First, 
Dead Snow,     
it’s a Norwegian film and just awesome if you like old school zombie slayer films plus. They haven’t missed a stereotype, even nazi gold is shown in that film.
Trailer here, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEQwEmeWnyI

Second
Der goldene Nazivampir von Absam II  (The golden Nazi Vampire of Absam II)
Actually it’s the graduation of a German film university, but the outcome is funny to watch. That they directly made part 2 and not started with part one underscores its trashiness. It’s a low budged film loosely based on the Wolfenstein Games, but this time the end boss as a Nazi-Vampire.
Trailer here, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEI9BLZ6460

Third, 
Captain Berlin versus Hitler
well found this just a few days ago
First I thought this is a normal fake trailer but it turned out that this is a “badly” produced play that has been filmed and edited to make it look a bit like a comic (Sin City like, a bit at least). The story is totally scatterbrained. In the year 1970 in the divided Berlin a German Nazi Doktor (female) brings Hitler back to live by putting his brain into a machine. That was only possible with the help of Dracula, who turns out to be a communist. Now, back in action Hitler wants to drive out the occupying forces and continue the war!  Only one superhero can stop him, Captain Berlin
Trailer here, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVd2qV2Csis
There is only one thing I’m afraid of,  Nazi Zombies!!!
And remember Kids, never say these words on a nazi graveyard
ia ia cthulhu fhtagn ia ia nazi zombie fhtang

Offline Laffey

• View Profile
Re: Trash films!
« Reply #1 on: 01-04-2010, 18:04:17 »
Lol dead snow is a Nazi Zombies movie version

FH2 nick= [BoF]RoflSeal
WoT nick= RoflSeal(aka BucketSeal by hslan and TS guys)

Offline Timmay9/11

• Toff Opic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01-04-2010, 21:04:16 »
I saw first that Film, then  I played the COD thingy  ;D
but it seems that I’m a lone wolf when it comes to nazi trash,   at least as a member of this forum
« Last Edit: 01-04-2010, 22:04:09 by Timmay9/11 »

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02-04-2010, 01:04:05 »
Just wait for Kelmola to notice this thread.

Offline Kelmola

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 02-04-2010, 03:04:15 »
Let the sleeping sadionacistas lie. ;D

Dead Snow is indeed highly recommended, even if you don't like Nazis. It's like modern-day Evil Dead II or Braindead (both of which are of course paid homage to within).

But the whole Nazi exploitation was a genre that was more popular than it ever should have been in the 70's. Although you had such entertaining all-in-the-family films such as Love Camp 7 and Fräuleins in Uniform aka Eine Armee Gretchen (partially a German production!) coming before the actual fad, the film that truly broke the flood gates was Ilsa, She-Wolf of the SS (cue Shakira). Ilsa is actually pretty watchable for what it is, it even tries to have a coherent plot and some of the torture scenes are as "ewwww" as in recent gornos. SomethingAwful had it on their "100 worst movies list", and the review was so hilarious that it made me watch it and started me down the slippery slope of exploitation movie fandom. Of course, Ilsa had two sequels, Ilsa: Harem Keeper of the Oil Sheiks and Ilsa: The Tigress of Siberia, plus sleazemaster Jess Franco's WIP flick Wanda the Wicked Warden was distributed as Ilsa: The Wicked Warden. None of the sequels have Nazis, but are highly enjoyable nevertheless. (Funnily enough, Ilsa herself is killed at the end of every film, yet still always survives in the next sequel without any explanation whatsoever...)

Back on-topic, the Italian exploitation filmmakers would copy anything that was a big hit in the States, so with the Ilsa earnings stupendous amounts of money considering its subject matter, they started churning out such family-friendly titles like Deported Women of the SS Special Section aka Le Deportate della sezione speciale SS, SS Experiment Camp aka Lager SSadis Kastrat Kommandatur, Gestapo's Last Orgy aka L'ultima Orgy della III Reich, SS Extermination Camp aka Women's Camp 119 aka KZ9 - Lager di Sterminio, Hitler's Lust Train aka Train Spécial pour le SS, Nazi Love Camp 27 aka La Svastica nel Ventre, SS Girls aka Casa Privata per le SS, SS Hell Camp aka Horrifying Experiments of the SS Last Days aka La Bestia in Calore. Most of the above had the dubious honour of entering the UK's "Video Nasty" list (ie. films banned from distribution because of overtly violent content). Curiously, Elsa, Fräulein SS aka Fräulein Kitty seems to be an entirely French affair (pun intended), and multinationally produced Salon Kitty was an attempt to make an "artistic" take on the whole genre, with real plot and some thought (but of course with plenty of nudity and sleaziness), directed by none other than Tinto Brass!

Seriously, if you feel interested in this ocean of sleaziness and guilty pleasure, check out the first Ilsa and Salon Kitty. If you are not throwing up, or dialing 911, and your SO still has not left you and there's no Partyvan in sight, feel free to check the others as well. But be warned. They are not for the sane of mind. Only for people like me.

Of course, when you speak of Nazisploitation, you cannot ignore the totally crazy, totally tongue-in-cheek, totally trashy Troma film Surf Nazis Must Die!. "Who rules the surf? SURF NAZIS!" Quite unsurprisingly, it doesn't take place in a WW2 concentration camp, but in present-day (or then near-future) US.... actually, this is a violent comedy, not such sleaze as the "real" Nazisploitation.

Then there's Russ Meyer. I assume that every healthy male in the Western world MUST know who he is. In his late films, there started to be something of a common thread. First, in Beyond the Valley of the Dolls there is a gratuituous Nazi, although he's a minor character and not a well-known figure. Then, Supervixens opens with the march Deutschland erwache! and features Martin Bormann as a major character - he survived and has emigrated to the US, where he has a service station "Martin Bormann Super Service" which is a central location in the film. Next was Up!, where one Adolf Schwartz, who has also survived and now lives in a Neuschwanstein copy somewhere in the Midwest US, has problems with his potency, despite the efforts of a voodoo priestess and a guy in 17th century Pilgrim costume. But the trouble won't last long when someone drops a piranha into Adolf's jacuzzi, and the rest of the film is a whodunit with plenty of boobs. The last "real" film of Meyer's was Beneath the Valley of the Ultra-Vixens, which again opens with Deutschland erwache! and again features Martin Bormann, except that this incarnation is a very different take from the one in Supervixens. Russ Meyer is always heartily recommended, and not just for the Nazis. His films - especially later ones - combine witty social criticism, humour, insane characters and of course, boobs, in an irresistible package that wouldn't or couldn't ever be mainstream.

---

But the spirit of Nazisploitation lives on . There's the fairly recent (2006) indie film Horrors of War. Since they have almost-authentic (borrowed from re-enactors) gear, they should have just filmed a small-scale WW2 film of late Western front. Unfortunately (from filmmaking point of view: from trash fan POV, fortunately) they did not. Instead, they have Nazi zombies/werewolves on the loose as a result of failed supersoldier project, and a US infantry unit is pressed by the OSS to take them out. Acting is beyond ridiculous, and the low budget shows in the secret laboratories and the monsters. Recommended only for genre aficionados - it's not that easy to find, either.

Also from modern times, Outpost would be a totally boring and mediocre shoestring-budget Alien(s)-set-on-Earth, but it features time-travelling undead Nazis. You see, late in WW2 they made these experiments on teleportation, but they got stuck inbetween dimensions, and a group of mercenaries accidentally releases them... oh well, it's not a good film even though it has Nazis. Everything is so saturated so that you can barely see what's happening, and the acting is not really supporting the action. Neither is the less-than-polished script.

For some reason, modern horror is not what it once used to be. So they have to add random Nazis to give it more "ooomph". Frontier(s) aka Frontiére(s) features (in addition to wholesale slaughter, twisted mutants and some skin) a whole inbred family of Nazis led by a former SS officer. Who whistles Lili Marlene when he orders a subhuman to be butchered and eaten. You'll never wait for Sidi Rezegh to load with the same mindset ever again! If you like gorno, then the Nazis help this film to rise above mediocrity and make it worth watching.
« Last Edit: 02-04-2010, 04:04:38 by Kelmola »

Offline Captain Pyjama Shark

• Masterspammer
  • Captain of the Gravy Train
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 02-04-2010, 03:04:24 »
Jaws IV?

Offline Gl@mRock

• À vaincre sans périls, on triomphe sans gloire.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 02-04-2010, 06:04:38 »
I want a capt'n Berlin suit in a closet somewhere in a map as an Easter egg and ... Hitler's brain too.

Offline Moose

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 02-04-2010, 07:04:26 »
I just watched Dead Snow tonight. Expected it to be more serious, but quite entertaining. Gorgeous scenery and blood haha

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 02-04-2010, 08:04:06 »
There was this wonder woman movie back in the '60s or 70s or 80s in which the revived Hitler and his nazi stooges to take over the world anew... cheesy as hell that

Offline Timmay9/11

• Toff Opic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 02-04-2010, 12:04:00 »
Jaws IV,   seems to be trash since it the sequel of the sequel of the sequel that nobody needs

Holy camoly Kelmola, that’s quite an article you wrote there

Ilsa, shewolf of the SS is definitely a masterpiece ;) , watched it last time after they released the fake trailers for the Death Proof/Planet Terror double feature, 
It was striking that the “Werewolf Women of the SS” fake trailer was leant to the Ilsa film. Btw. I wonder when the release the “Machete” film.

Supervixens is a film I should really try to get a look at, I guess it has, nearly every Meyer Movie, a huge variety of boobs ;)      Actually I could take your reply and process it down.  All the Italian movies are totally unkwon to me, besides a few weeks ago I bought for 4€ in a rummage table the Italian film “Quando le donne avevano la coda Quando le donne avevano la coda”   (When women
had tails). Music is made by Ennio Morricone , actually not a real Sexplotation film, it still feels like a light version of one.

And thanks again, there a lots films that I’m going to try to get my hands at.

@ Gl@mRock
CaptainBerlin as a kit? What would it contain? Besides of geeknessssssss…..

Offline Captain Pyjama Shark

• Masterspammer
  • Captain of the Gravy Train
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 02-04-2010, 14:04:56 »
Jaws IV,   seems to be trash since it the sequel of the sequel of the sequel that nobody needs

Don't diss Jaws II man.

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 02-04-2010, 16:04:31 »
Not a movie but a well known book that has been zombinized.

http://www.amazon.com/Pride-Prejudice-Zombies-Classic-Ultraviolent/dp/1594743347

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)

Offline Timmay9/11

• Toff Opic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 02-04-2010, 16:04:12 »
lol,   my GF loves all the things she wrote

That could come in handy,  ill buy it and give it to her to show how I (not) acquire her personal feelings and interests ,   than I’m going to ask for sex xD

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 02-04-2010, 21:04:15 »
Real men don't ask for sex they take yelling THIS IS SPARTAAAAAA  :P

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)

Offline Timmay9/11

• Toff Opic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 03-04-2010, 13:04:46 »
so I am supposed to kick her?  ;D