Author Topic: So, what next?  (Read 34488 times)

Offline 25tH NoooRBI

• View Profile
    • 25tH Forgotten Hope 2 Clan
Re: So, what next?
« Reply #15 on: 07-09-2009, 19:09:05 »
Winter maps FTW.  :)

Offline Folkhoer

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 07-09-2009, 19:09:38 »
We have still some Projects going for Normandy, but we internally working allready on the Next theatre of course.

We try to do some more smaller releases now! Press thumb if all goes how we plan it.

So the new theatre is already decided ;D? I am so curious what it is

Offline Alakazou

• FHer from the beginning
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 07-09-2009, 19:09:19 »
We have still some Projects going for Normandy, but we internally working allready on the Next theatre of course.

We try to do some more smaller releases now! Press thumb if all goes how we plan it.

So the new theatre is already decided ;D? I am so curious what it is
You will know it in a update, like everybody. I really hope for the pacific.
Here my preference
Pacific
Western Europe
Eastern Europe
Early War

Offline thesmif

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 07-09-2009, 19:09:32 »
really interesting         Made the no4 fire the correct round, was firing a japanese 7.7mm round (ctz)    hint at pacific as next theatre?
« Last Edit: 07-09-2009, 19:09:14 by thesmif »

Offline Eat Uranium

• Tea Drinker
  • Global Moderator
  • Today's news will contain [REDACTED]
    • View Profile
    • FH2 Music
« Reply #19 on: 07-09-2009, 19:09:01 »
not really, there are all sorts of bullets and shells in the mod just waiting to get used.

Offline Meadow

• You still might very well think that
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 07-09-2009, 19:09:38 »
I'm pretty certain the next theatre will be Market Garden or some other 'late Western Front' theatre. Easier for the devs to expand on what we have. Also, the integration of some FHT Italy maps.
Sustainable business practices are not endorsed by FileFront

Offline thesmif

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 07-09-2009, 19:09:20 »
ah.bum.

Offline Folkhoer

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 07-09-2009, 20:09:52 »
I'm pretty certain the next theatre will be Market Garden or some other 'late Western Front' theatre. Easier for the devs to expand on what we have. Also, the integration of some FHT Italy maps.

Yeah I am also expecting that, they can re-use allot of stuff then
But I am looking forward to the battle of the bulge :P

Offline Hresvelgr

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 08-09-2009, 01:09:12 »
Exactly what I expect too. The next release should be a lot easier for our devs, I don't think there's many more weapons, vehicles, or factions to add for the rest of the Western Theater. Just wrapping up Normandy and moving on from Market Garden to the Ardennes and adding Italy perhaps. Also, if Keren is in the next release, does that mean you're adding the French and/or Indian British divisions? Or am I thinking of the wrong Keren? Anyways, I must give credit to y'all, you come up with the most minutely specific maps. I'd have been happy with the very broad missions like D-Day or Carentan/Caen as a whole that most games do, but you guys do the specific but epic fights nobody's heard of. Awesome.

In regards to the Pacific, if the Japanese round is 7.7mm does that mean you're not giving them their average 6.5mm rifles? I could see why, as it'd be murder for the poor Japanese dudes with the crap rifles, just curious however. And I know it's a far future thing, but are you thinking of making a Kokoda Track map? Might as well considering you've already got the Aussies. I saw bits of the Kokoda movie, very cool and scary.

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 08-09-2009, 01:09:29 »
If I was the dev team I would concentrate on one big new theatre (eastern front or ardennes or whatever), while the mappers keep making maps for Normandy, that are released in small batches, keeping interest up.

azreal

« Reply #25 on: 08-09-2009, 02:09:23 »
Yep, read most the changelog while downloading 2.2... A couple of intresting things i Found:
  * Luftfaust (sethsoldier)
  * Volksgewehr 45 (sethsoldier)

I found a few more intresting things, but I keep em for myself. ;)
Some more interesting things I won't keep for myself ;)

Weapons:
  * Volksgewehr K98 (sethsoldier)
  * LeuchtPistole m34 and KampfPistole mit Wurfgranatpatrone 326 (sethsoldier)
  * Luftwaffe M30 Drilling (sethsoldier)
  * 03a03 (sethsoldier)
  * An other toy for fff (sethsoldier)

Levels/statics:
  * Add Battle of Keren for testing (ctz)
  * Anctoville Mapdescription and Gamemode Discription.  (toddel)
  * Juno beach wall update - with bullet holes (smig) one of many references
  * Operation Cobra update (lobo) one of many references
  * Small Overlord changes (mrcheese) one of many references
  * New version of villers-bocage from guderian (ctz)

Villers Bocage and Battle of Keren are both maps done by betatesters Guderian and Schism respectively. They made enough progress to be tested, but if they are ever added to the mod only time will tell.

Offline theUg

• View Profile
    • http://theUg’s sump
« Reply #26 on: 08-09-2009, 02:09:21 »
Omaha referenced in changelog for 1.4.294. Overlord and Operation Cobra were in the stage advanced enough to test it on the FH2 test server.

As for Japanese having crappy rifles it could be alleviated by giving them more tickets (representing advantage in manpower) or other gameplay tweaks. In PR in “insurgency” game mode insurgents or Taliban use sometimes real crap and old weapons (like SVT clone with no zoom in iron sights pitted against American SAW with awesome optics) but that doesn’t mean that Americans with helicopters and APCs win every time.

Russian developer on fh2.ru semi-jokingly referenced more things to come after that diesel locomotive in Normandy. We might, just might, see a functioning armoured train. ;)

P. S. Releasing new Normandy or other maps could be done alongside with bug-fixing patches (and they shall be, for bugs are popping up in new maps, although so far nothing major).

I don’t know, but I’ve been told
Shooting things is gettin’ old
Hug a child and plant a tree
Show some hospitality

Offline Hresvelgr

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 08-09-2009, 03:09:57 »
I don't think gameplay tweaks are necessary because it seems they might just get the Type 99 rifle, which was okay. I think they started making them by the time the Americans entered the war, just wasn't as common as the older 38 model. Either way, it was about as crappy as the Carcano, same round size at least, but they got that to perform just fine ingame. So I'm not worried. Either way, I'd like to see the Russians get released before the Japanese because they simply have better and more awesome weapons and everything regardless. You can't say you ain't excited for the chance at SVTs, Mosin-Nagants, Ppsh submachine-guns, MiGs, T-34s, Stalin tanks, and the chance to spam the charge button to yell "URAAAA!"

Offline theUg

• View Profile
    • http://theUg’s sump
« Reply #28 on: 08-09-2009, 09:09:16 »
chance to spam the charge button to yell "URAAAA!"
For the Motherland!

I don’t know, but I’ve been told
Shooting things is gettin’ old
Hug a child and plant a tree
Show some hospitality

Biiviz

« Reply #29 on: 08-09-2009, 10:09:04 »
I was actually surprised how bug free the release was. I've only seen 2 things so far, and one of those might not have been a bug after all.