Author Topic: Unbalanced Teams with the Bots  (Read 3118 times)

Offline dehumanizer95

• View Profile
Unbalanced Teams with the Bots
« on: 23-07-2016, 22:07:42 »
Heya!

I'm new to FH2 since I've played the original BF2 and of course BF1942. I've got a problem with the Bots in BF2 in terms of the Team balancing. The teams are always unbalanced when I go and play a Co-Op game with more than 48 Bots (you know the BF2 default). E.g. if I play a game with 63 Bots + me (64) I'll get a enemy team with 24 bots and my team with 39 bots and of course myself with the Bot-Ratio of 50

From what I've read in several forums it's a common problem but I have never managed to fix it :/ Has anyone solutions?

With best regards
dehumanizer95

Offline Darman

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Re: Unbalanced Teams with the Bots
« Reply #1 on: 23-07-2016, 22:07:25 »
There is a maximum of 48 Bots for Team 1 (Axis usually), Team 2 (Allies) has no limit.

It works like this: With a Bot Ratio of 100, the number of Bots set by the slider (48 max in the slider) will be assigned to Team 1, Team 2 will recieve the rest.

The number of Bots you set in the launcher will ignore the slider settings, however the game still assignes the bots to the teams according to the slider settings.

So, to get the right balance of bots and make your matches the most enjoyable, I'd advice to follow my simple guide here:

Co-Op Guide

It is kinda complicated to get the point across on this issue, but I hope I could make it somehow clearer.
« Last Edit: 23-07-2016, 22:07:23 by Darman »

Offline dehumanizer95

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 23-07-2016, 23:07:44 »
Thanks! Tried it on El Alamein 64 with 80 Bots and it feels more balanced now :)

Offline 123ethan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 17-11-2017, 23:11:20 »
Edit: I figured it out, the damn "max players" (meaning human players) was set to 32 meaning it was taking up bot slots. Dropping it down to 1 means I can now add up to 48 bots per team which is plenty, guess I'll leave this here though for anyone as its easy to overlook!

No matter what I do I can't get more than 32 bots on the axis team! If I set the FH2 launcher to 75 bots, I get (in lan - coop) 44 (43 bots + me) on allied and 32 bots on axis. This all seems to come down to that damn bot slider, which basically sets the number of bots on the axis team, then dumps the rest on allied. What file do I need to edit to balance this out? Thank you very much to anyone who has the answer!
« Last Edit: 17-11-2017, 23:11:09 by 123ethan »