Author Topic: Is there Any Way to run a Dedicated Server Without it removing Important Edits?  (Read 467 times)

Offline Professor_Smith

• View Profile
Howdy Folks,
     Professor_Smith here again with another mind boggling modding issue.  Firstly, the HTroop modding team and I just released HTroop v1.2 Beta.  It can be found on ModDB.com, at:  http://www.moddb.com/mods/na32358
     Secondly, when running a Dedicated Server for our Play Testers, a bunch of important edits regarding flame effects caused by flame throwers, lazer towers, and more, are being removed by the Dedicated Server.  I have tried so many different ideas and combinations of scripts, but nothing works to allow the Supply Depot effects to work, unless playing in Singleplayer Mod, or running a LAN or Internet game from the Game Menu.
     I need a Dedicated Server Expert here that thinks outside the box, to help me figure out a Command or Script (or process) that will allow Supply Depots run from Effects files or in conjunction with Damage Effects, to run over a Dedicated Server.
     Or I need a way or a command, to Trick the Dedicated Server or the Game Engine into thinking that it is running a Dedicated Server, while running more like a LAN or Internet Server as if run from the game menu, where NO EDITS are removed from the Host or Clients.

Can anyone help me?

Thank You,

Joshua
Professor_Smith
Lets make war games, not war.