Author Topic: Suggestions to Improve the Mod  (Read 4521 times)

Offline SadCamelion

• View Profile
Re: Suggestions to Improve the Mod
« Reply #15 on: 02-07-2017, 19:07:02 »

It's very accurate unlike the other AT rifles.

aren´t all AT-rifles almost as precise as a sniper rifle? in the singleplayer I shot many bots with them
There aren't enough Italian tanks.

Offline Mr.ThunderMan

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 02-07-2017, 19:07:57 »
The few times I've used the PTRD it has always shot where I aimed it, it worked against infantry to long range even. Other AT rifles I try to use aren't as accurate to long range and hitting an infantry is a lot harder even on medium range (maybe I haven't found the sweetspot in the ironsight?).

I fell in love with the Russian AT rifle the moment I used it the first time.

Offline nysä

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 03-07-2017, 12:07:34 »
Thanks for the info guys.

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 03-07-2017, 16:07:37 »
aren´t all AT-rifles almost as precise as a sniper rifle? in the singleplayer I shot many bots with them
They are as precise as any other rifle indeed, at least on short to medium ranges, bullet drop on longer ranges might be a little bit more noticable since their bullets are bigger and heavier, but I'm not sure if there really is much of a difference between them and regular rifles, codding wise. To add to that, AT rifles are for sure more deadly as they always 1s1k infantry (Russian AT rifle bullets can even deal a slight splash damage with a near miss, I'm not sure if other rifles can do that too).

Speaking about longer ranges and precision, there is a problem with BOYS rifle iron sights. They are not aligned properly in game, what is especially noticable on small targets far away. To hit, you need to aim a little bit to the left and slightly lower than you normally would. It is a bug though, and it doesn't affect any other AT rifle in game AFAIK and they are overal very efficient weapons, except for anti tank puroposes of course ;)

Offline Oberst

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 03-07-2017, 17:07:44 »
Werent AT-Rifles nerfed some time ago? Meaning they got additional spread to limit their sniping capability beyond 100 m?

Offline Mr.ThunderMan

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 03-07-2017, 18:07:36 »
To add to that, AT rifles are for sure more deadly as they always 1s1k infantry

Not always, limbs seem to need two hits sometimes. Couple times been wondering about that in the All-chat  ;D

Offline Captain Pyjama Shark

• Masterspammer
  • Captain of the Gravy Train
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 09-07-2017, 03:07:01 »
Werent AT-Rifles nerfed some time ago? Meaning they got additional spread to limit their sniping capability beyond 100 m?
I thought so too. I used to use them occasionally to snipe but lately I haven't hit shit with them. Although the aforementioned Boys Rifle bug might explain that.

Offline GeoPat

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 08-09-2017, 17:09:05 »
We had a similar iron sights bug with the Japanese guns in the Pacific mod.  I believe it was Harmonikator that fixed it.  Maybe you guys can fix it for the next release.

Offline nysä

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 01-10-2017, 13:10:50 »
Nerfed Tiger I?

I did a bit of experimenting in Dukla Pass (coop), replacing the German armor by StuGs and most of the Soviet armor by IS-2, ISU-152 and T-34-85 late. Suprisingly, the bots could deploy StuGs quite well against the Red tanks, me being mostly an observer. Also, the tank riders weren't that keen to abandon the vehicle even after half critical hits.

Out of curiosity, I decided to replace StuGs with Tiger I and things soon turned sour for the Germans - bots being unable to handle the tanks properly, turning the rear towards the enemy and getting stuck on the smallest obstaces.  But most of all, the Tiger's 88 seemed quite limp in comparasion to the StuK 40 resulting in numerous deflected shots even from the flank.
« Last Edit: 01-10-2017, 17:10:21 by nysä »