Author Topic: Ogledow unofficial Coop Support now available!)  (Read 7278 times)

Offline garylee

• View Profile
Ogledow unofficial Coop Support now available!)
« on: 28-06-2019, 16:06:00 »
Coop Gameplay tested with 100 bots

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkTSpl-SuqA

I added two additional control points in addition to vanilla one, as to motivate the German AI to attack CP Estate and Defense Line, so playing as the soviet side will be more challenging.
Also added more tanks for both German and Soviet sides , and added more MGs and anti-tank gun for soviet sides to replicate the large scale and fierce tank battle.

Changelog (0.3beta):
05/Jan/2020
-change two panther tanks to king tigers with new camouflage and the rest to pz4 with skirts
-change some t-34 to ones with new camouflage
-add mgs in wooden house in Barn
-bots will now try to occupy all mgs and AT guns in control points
-more interesting vehicles are included in EF_Coop_fix.zip, you guys can add new vehicles by your own
(eg. BT7, T26, KV2)

Changelog (0.2):
22/Jul/2019
-Removed enemy spawn point at stones and tree trunks in front of CP defense line
-Fixed ISU-122 AI issue (Thanks to Anton), but the problem "cannot fire shells after switching shell types" wait to be fixed
-Reworked navmesh so AI vehicles will not get stucked at grassfield in front of CP_observation post
-AI is now a bit more willing to attack CP estate/Manor

Changelog (0.1):
1/Jul/2019
-Removed enemy spawn point at CP estate after flag is captured.
-Shorter object spawn time for some soviet Anti-tank guns and MGs
-Slightly fewer German vehicles
-Minor Spawnpoint adjustment

Link:
Version 0.3 Beta
http://www.mediafire.com/file/tfcrofm2df7lyna/ogledow_0.3_beta.rar/file

Version 0.2
http://www.mediafire.com/file/i76a42m84iayfou/ogledow_coop_0.2.zip/file

Enjoy!) ;) ::)

« Last Edit: 05-01-2020, 17:01:43 by garylee »

Offline Michael Z Freeman

• The Few are many ;)
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
Re: Ogledow unofficial Coop Support now available!)
« Reply #1 on: 28-06-2019, 22:06:41 »
Wow. This looks interesting. Is this one of the new fh2 maps with the new content ? What ever it is any new coop/sp maps are welcome !  ;D

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 29-06-2019, 07:06:39 »
This is one of the "new" (multiplayer only) FH2 maps. It's about the Tiger's II debut on the Easter Front. Very cool map, I dunno how well it is portrayed in SP/COOP, but in Conquest mode soviets are in a defense, with ISU122s, IS-2s, plenty of T34s and heavy 122m mortar. It has one of the best looking static buildings in the mod too ;)

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 29-06-2019, 08:06:23 »
garylee, can you use an alternative upload host, please? I downloaded your .rar file but it seems to be broken, it gives me error when I'm trying to unpack it. Also, don't forget to visit us on Discord! This forums isn't so popular anymore, there is definitely bigger traffic on Discord, so you can reach more people there  ;)

EDIT:

Thanks for the reupload!
« Last Edit: 29-06-2019, 13:06:55 by jan_kurator »

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 29-06-2019, 09:06:47 »
Wow. This looks interesting. Is this one of the new fh2 maps with the new content ? What ever it is any new coop/sp maps are welcome !  ;D

It was released May 2018: http://forgottenhope.warumdarum.de/fh2_maps.php?map=51

Offline Oberst_Kroenen

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 29-06-2019, 13:06:23 »
Great work adding COOP support to this awesome map! More COOP maps are always welcome so thanks a lot!

Offline Oberst_Kroenen

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 29-06-2019, 17:06:57 »
Ok so i just played a round with the germans and enjoyed it however there were a few issues. Mainly the germans aren't very keen on attacking at the beginning but things got moving once i captured a point. However a bigger issue is that the soviet bots keep spawning on flags that have already been taken. This was mostly in the estate and the flag south of it. This makes it almost impossible to hold the estate capture point as the bots constantly span there even if the flag is white.

Offline batistadk

• SP/COOP junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 01-07-2019, 05:07:20 »
Hi gary!

First of all, I would like to thank you for your outstanding work here on Ogledow. The rounds I played worked just fine and the map is stable, no crashes or any other big problems! Now, some gameplay sidenotes:

1. As Oberst said before, I confirm the problem with Russians spawning on German flags. I can't confirm the exact positions it happens, but I noticed Russians recapturing a couple of flags time after time with much ease.
2. The game reports some Python problems right on the round beginning, but just it; no bigger issues or crashes.
3. The ticket ratio on the default value (200) gives both teams an overwhelming 9999 tickets; you should consider keep the tickets close to the original map values.
4. There are too many vehicles spawning on the round start, and the number keep increasing as the Germans advance and capture more flags; you should consider decrease the number of assests closer to the original map, but this is my two cents here; you do it as you seen fit.

All in all, you just created a good basis to keep improving this COOP project. I hope we can see a patch in the near future...  ::) Thanks for your efforts here sir!

Best regards,

batistadk

Offline VacMaster1991

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 19-07-2019, 00:07:33 »
WOW, Amazing. I  played it and the experience was great. I just have 2 problems, When I get inside the ISU-122 it immediately CTD's, Plus the ticket ratio is way to high, 150% is over 5000 tickets. I have to set the ticket ratio under 30 to get under 1000 tickets. Keep up the great work. 

Offline SadCamelion

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 20-07-2019, 14:07:29 »
Even after the patch of first of July, the soviets still have spawns at the two hedgerows with stones and a tree trunk in front of the 53. Guards Tank Brigade flag when the germans capped it. Most of the time they get ignored by german tanks already at the guards flag and pose a major problem.

I hope this gets fixed, otherwise the map is really cool (I think the AT-guns and MGs at the flag respawn too fast, but that might just be me ;))
« Last Edit: 20-07-2019, 17:07:46 by SadCamelion »
There aren't enough Italian tanks.

Offline garylee

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 21-07-2019, 18:07:36 »
Thanks for feedback :) I have removed some spawnpoints in front of 53 guard tank brigade defense line in the latest 0.2 version.

• The Few are many ;)
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #11 on: 31-07-2019, 19:07:22 »
Looks great but, unless I'm doing something wrong, I have a name conflict. There is already the official directory for this map in there. I don't want to overwrite it and I don't think its as simple as just putting it in a directory with a different name. The name has to be different in the game menu as well. Darman usually names the directory "<original_name>_coop" and alters the in game menu name in some way.

Offline VacMaster1991

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 01-08-2019, 02:08:17 »
Michael Z Freeman, Copy the existing Ogledow to another folder. Delete it from your FH maps directory then. Copy the new one to your maps folder.

• The Few are many ;)
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #13 on: 01-08-2019, 17:08:53 »
Michael Z Freeman, Copy the existing Ogledow to another folder. Delete it from your FH maps directory then. Copy the new one to your maps folder.

This is OK for solo players but not for people who play online and need the official map installed.

I did temporarily rename the official map to "ogledow_original" and played it but the dedicated server crashed after about a minute. Looks good form what I saw !

Offline VacMaster1991

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 03-08-2019, 08:08:23 »
Michael Z freeman, I guess it's a choice between SP and Online. Or you can have 2 copies of FH2 installed. One for offline one for online.