Author Topic: FTL  (Read 996 times)

Offline SiCaRiO

• View Profile
FTL
« on: 23-09-2012, 14:09:27 »
I purchased this little game a few days ago, and damn its adictive! if you ever dreamed about controling your own ship, power weapons or shields,redirecting the power to your shields or your engines depending on the situation, extinguishing fires or repairing hull breaches caused by enemy weponary, then you are a nerd and this game is for you :D.

Video Reviews:

TB: http://youtu.be/P-SnIhpCm5w

Nerds: http://youtu.be/3c_QY0dnI-M

Offline ajappat

• "Cheater"
    • View Profile
Re: FTL
« Reply #1 on: 23-09-2012, 15:09:36 »
Bought it on release and played 13 hours during first day  ;D. I only managed to complete it once with easy difficulty, using The Kestrel. Also unlocked the engi ship, federal cruiser and stealth ship. I have been trying to unlock the mantis cruiser, because boarding other ship is fun  :). Rock cruiser would do fine for that purpose too.

Offline SiCaRiO

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 23-09-2012, 15:09:25 »
Im using the soltan ship, with the extra shield and pure lazer weponary, so far My hull has not recieved any damage

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 24-09-2012, 10:09:25 »
I can only second this game. It's pure unadulterated fun! :)
Manage to unlock the second Human ship yesterday. Damn she's a beauty. :)
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline SiCaRiO

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 24-09-2012, 10:09:02 »
My soltan ship assploted and im now trying againg with the Torus :P

Offline hOMEr_jAy

• Lannister Loyalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 25-09-2012, 09:09:37 »
Bought it yesterday and wow, this thing is difficult!
Love the whole feeling of the game, but once you´re in a total bullsh*t situation death can come pretty quickly. So far I´ve only reached sector 8 once, but died a horrible and quick death to the end boss. And that was on "easy", mind you!
I´m not really good at multi tasking, so once everything bad happens at the same time, I´m going down quickly, even with the help of the pause key...
My high score menu now more and more looks like a graveyard of former ships and crew I´ve lost. :/

Other than that, the game is really cool!  ;D
And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere,
But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear.
Yes now the rains weep o'er his hall,
and not a soul to hear.

Offline Musti

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 28-09-2012, 18:09:11 »
Awesome game! Commanding your own ship is really fun, The only thing that could use some improvement is the upgrade system, some upgrades are good (like upgrading weapons, so you can charge up more at the same time) but for example engines are kinda dull (5% more evasion each upgrade, wooooow) so it could use some improvement (DLC? mods?) apart from that minor detail, the game is super-enjoyable

So far my favorite ship has been the Kestrel, because i like the balance of it.
My favorite Kestrel- The Laser-boat!

Ability to shoot right after jump, 29% faster recharge, full salvo of 10 lasers doing maximum damage of 14
doesn't need rockets or drone parts, and it has stealth for safe reloads. Really fun playing that build.
I wish the "story" was longer, so i could play with it a bit more.
« Last Edit: 29-09-2012, 00:09:21 by Musti »
WARNING!
Assholes are closer than they appear!

Offline SiCaRiO

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 28-09-2012, 21:09:29 »
how in the sweet world did you manage to upgrate your Kestrel like that???

Offline Musti

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 28-09-2012, 22:09:24 »
Oh that's on easy difficulty! :D plus i was quite lucky finding various weapons and drones that I could just sell for scrap.
WARNING!
Assholes are closer than they appear!

Offline SiCaRiO

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 29-09-2012, 09:09:20 »
so far the Kestrel is my worst ship, it only got me to level 5 i think. The thorus is a beast however, got to level 8 with my hull barely damaged, but ran out of dron parts with the boss fight D:

Offline ajappat

• "Cheater"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 29-09-2012, 10:09:22 »
The only time I beat the game was with very similar setup with musti. Only that I had Ion Blast in place of heavy laser.

Offline Hjaldrgud

• BF2 Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 06-01-2014, 18:01:55 »
By the power of the Gods I bump thee!

I came a cross a great mod for this awesome game and it's called Infinite Space
Basically it removes the fleet that's after you and makes the game endless. From the mod authors:

The universe is vast. With FTL Infinite Space you can explore the universe to your hearts content, or till you blow your ship to bits. Infinite Space will jump you from sector to sector, while you search for ancient powerful artifacts, and advanced technology to enhance your ships capabilities. Learn when to fight, and when to run. Dominate or be destroyed.

Link: http://www.ftlgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3542

If you are like me and did not like the time restriction of the vanilla, then this is perfect! I'm having a blast again! You can still unlock ships BTW.

"Generous and brave men live the best" -Hávamál