Author Topic: allow knife/bayonet when running?  (Read 476 times)

Offline SiCaRiO

• View Profile
allow knife/bayonet when running?
« on: 07-02-2011, 20:02:40 »
i always wanted to know if this was possible ;D.

the reason is because ...well, IRL when figthing in close combat, you do a lot more than just stabing someone, you push him, punch him, take his weapon etc,etc. also, when someone charge, you run like hell and use the momentum of your body to stab with the bayonet.

idk, i trough it will be cool xD

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
Re: allow knife/bayonet when running?
« Reply #1 on: 07-02-2011, 21:02:47 »
More than that, it seems a logical solution to solve the effect of people running backwards to avoid a stab. Now you can run faster than they can backstep

AND it works wonders for byonet charges, which I will suggest shortly....

Ok, you forced my hand
When byonets are selected, allow there to be a single commo-rose option like with grenades, for commanders it's CHARGE, and for anyone else it is CHARGE, but tied to the only charge option that goes 'AAAGH!', or DEUTCHLAND!!!.

People actually do fear charging knifemen, and this can be best used in mass charges for squads as a feasible tactic against an enemy also wielding rifles, or even smgs. With shouting added, it will certainly make them fire amiss... But yer, it will be a desperate strategy.

Offline Kradovech

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Re: allow knife/bayonet when running?
« Reply #2 on: 07-02-2011, 22:02:21 »
What I usually do is hold down left mouse while sprinting, that way, when i release sprint I will stab right away. Best tactic for melee charges at the moment.

On topic, when possible, yes. Though maybe with reduced damage? Otherwise close combat might end up even more riddiculous with both soldiers sprinting around eachother.

Oh well, probably not possible anyway.