Author Topic: The Minor Suggestions Thread  (Read 65354 times)

Offline Michael Z Freeman

• The Few are many ;)
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
Re: The Minor Suggestions Thread
« Reply #450 on: 17-10-2016, 22:10:37 »
OK, how about this ? I started this sortable list of maps because I started getting lost in all the different game modes and possibilities. There's over 50 maps for FH now including Forgotten Honor. Probably a lot more for MP as I'm only covering Coop/SP maps at the moment. So this might be a nice way of presenting all these maps on the FH site for people trying to select an interesting map for their server.

Offline Chad1992

• Back in the Swing of Things
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: 07-11-2016, 05:11:28 »
I don't know if this is technically "minor" but what about the idea of adding destroy able objects that affect the battlefield.  Something like destroying a fuel tank may reduce the number of tanks and/or vehicles one side gets.  Or another may be destroying a radio in a flag zone, eliminates the ability for the controlling team to spawn there.  It would just add another layer of depth to the battlefields.  The objects are not meant to be the main focus of the battle but could help determine its outcome.

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: 08-11-2016, 02:11:13 »
^I've thought about this a long time ago. :) On a map like El Alamein for example. there's a fuel pipe near each teams main base. If you destroy it, the other team's vehicle spawn timers are increased. It gives people a separate objective outside of normal gameplay (special forces so to speak) and give engineers something more to do.

It seemed like a good idea for huge maps like that where a battle was scaled down so much. And back in 2.0 the gameplay was more arcadey and it was a way of adding depth to a conquest game. But since then, I think FH2 has moved more towards 1:1 scale maps, more realistic fighting etc... this kind of approach just wouldn't mesh well with a map like Pegasus or Dukla etc.. Idk if it would fit in FH2 anymore.

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: 08-11-2016, 18:11:33 »
Just look how gameplay changes can end up when applied to maps it they don't belong. Good example is artificial sector push mode on Op. Cobra, or weird objective mode on Anctoville. IMO it can fit only a map which was designed with such feature in mind, I don't see a change to a tank balance or ability to spawn on a certain flag as a minor thing.
« Last Edit: 08-11-2016, 18:11:34 by jan_kurator »

Offline Balloon with mustard

• View Profile
« Reply #454 on: 20-11-2016, 10:11:41 »
Could devs make a TK messages shows like a regular note about earning points? Now it shows only in log in the left upper corner and its hard to control. I dont understand why useless message that you're punished are showing but about TK itself are not. I would like to see a clear note about my mistake, my TK instead of looking at log after every shot. If this is pointless then I tender my apology.

Offline nysä

• View Profile
« Reply #455 on: 20-11-2016, 10:11:17 »
Ability to turn off vehicle engine without getting out ? I know you can switch to another position but if the vehicle is full it's not going to turn off the engine. This would allow listening out for enemy movements, esp approaching tanks.

I have always thought of that. Depending on the map (Cobra, Goodwood) and when utilized properly, that would certainly make the advance more difficult for the offensive side.
But the idling and hiding under the trees works almost the same, especially with the low silhouette vehicles.

Offline Alubat

• View Profile
« Reply #456 on: 29-11-2016, 23:11:44 »
Dual pistol or Knife pickup Kit

Weapon in both right & left hand

Offline FHMax3

• Gunnery Sargeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: 07-01-2017, 11:01:50 »
Could you add a "Thank You" voice command?
That other thread failed miserably and if you try to spam or flame here, I will break your arms.
FH2 won't be the last FH. ;)

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: 07-01-2017, 13:01:59 »
Could you add a "Thank You" voice command?
No. There is no such voice command available in the BF1942 voice messages set. A decent person writes things like "thank you" and "sorry" on the in game chat, wherenever he/she needs to and it works like for more than a decade now.
« Last Edit: 07-01-2017, 14:01:07 by jan_kurator »

Offline FHMax3

• Gunnery Sargeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: 08-01-2017, 10:01:34 »
And can we have an "Observe" order for fireteams, like in PR?
That other thread failed miserably and if you try to spam or flame here, I will break your arms.

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: 08-01-2017, 13:01:13 »

Did you even bother to read what Jan just said about adding new voice commands?

Offline FHMax3

• Gunnery Sargeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: 08-01-2017, 13:01:08 »

Did you even bother to read what Jan just said about adding new voice commands?
But the "Demolish and Mine" orders are without voices.

Offline PoliorcetE

• En lutte contre le crabe...
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: 10-03-2017, 14:03:03 »
Hi all
did you put in future for Finns a pickup kit "smg+pzfaust"  ?

something like Brits have on Pegasus

A+
"S’il n’y avait pas la science, malheureux cloportes suintants d’ingratitude aveugle et d’ignorance crasse, s’il n’y avait pas la Science, combien d’entre nous pourraient profiter de leur cancer pendant plus de cinq ans ?" Pierre Desproges.

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: 10-03-2017, 14:03:35 »
How about a panzerschreck and a suomi?

It is doable, possible, but no guarantees that a faust/schreck + suomi combo would happen.

Offline PoliorcetE

• En lutte contre le crabe...
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: 10-03-2017, 14:03:47 »
panzerschreck and a suomi , it's not OP ?
« Last Edit: 10-03-2017, 17:03:01 by PoliorcetE »
"S’il n’y avait pas la science, malheureux cloportes suintants d’ingratitude aveugle et d’ignorance crasse, s’il n’y avait pas la Science, combien d’entre nous pourraient profiter de leur cancer pendant plus de cinq ans ?" Pierre Desproges.