Author Topic: Singleplayer Patch B for Forgotten Hope 2.45 - DOWNLOAD  (Read 14434 times)

Offline eldiablo

• View Profile
Re: Singleplayer Patch B for Forgotten Hope 2.45 - DOWNLOAD
« Reply #45 on: 08-02-2013, 09:02:47 »
HI Gavrant,

Thanks for help. I had to reapply the patch. Data was from august and is now from december.

Sorry for late reply, your help is much appreciated.

eldiablo, both Purple Heart Lane and Vossenack have 9999 tickets only on 16 map sizes, and Patch B fixes this issue:
  • Fixed wrong number of tickets at the start of Coop rounds (vBF2 bug - the game used to take tickets number from 16 map size instead of 64).
So in theory you should get 500 tickets on Vossenack 64 and 1000 tickets on Purple Heart Lane 64 (+ increased ticket bleed on both maps, the patch fixes that too).

Could you check the modification date of the following file: ...\Battlefield 2\mods\fh2\python\game\gamemodes\gpm_coop.pyc? If the file is dated July or August 2012, then the patch is not properly installed. But if the file is dated December 2012 (can be 30 November, depending on time zone), it'll require further investigation.

Offline ksl94

• British Imperialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 09-02-2013, 14:02:04 »
I think there is a connection between the bot's inability to drive and the awful turn radii and vehicle behaviour in general. The bots seem to be unable to manoevre in tight spaces, e.g. St. Vith, where they are going forward, reversing and then realining only to start all over again. If the vehicles ingame would behave like a real ones in terms of handling, then both the bots and the real players would be able to drive a lot better.

Offline ksl94

• British Imperialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 15-02-2013, 12:02:19 »
I just got massively frustrated while playing Mareth line. The bots were unable to even leave the main! They were not just going forth and back but turning backwards, blocking intersections, ramming each other like a bunch of DUI suspects on a parking lot! And of course the few that could make it before the big chaos ensued did the same BS at the bidges AGAIN untile they got vulcanized by the German Nebelwerfers.
Can this amount of AI inablilty solely stem from bad pathfinding? Whatever the reason for it, I beg you AI developers to please look into it! The strange thing is that the map was still perfectly playable in the last release.  :P

Offline ksl94

• British Imperialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 10-03-2013, 19:03:57 »
Could you please provide an update on the progress concerning the re-navmeshing of the troublesome maps?
It would be really great if you could release some of the really unplayable maps like Keren or Mareth Line before the next release of FH2  :-* .

Offline gavrant

• (Almost) retired dev
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 10-03-2013, 19:03:51 »
Keren has new navmeshing, Mareth Line is yet to get. Only 2 half-baked maps prevent Patch C from being released now, one of them is among the requested maps.

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 10-03-2013, 19:03:21 »
Great! Now bots wont get stuck on the railroad in Keren!  :D

Could you please rearrange the navmeshes of Hyacinth please? It would be really fun if bots could get in the vehicles and the airfield was defended better.

Offline gavrant

• (Almost) retired dev
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 10-03-2013, 19:03:04 »
I'm not authorised to comment on Hyacinth. The official position regarding the map will be announced at proper time, through proper channels :D

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 10-03-2013, 20:03:41 »
Yay! This means good.

Offline ksl94

• British Imperialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 10-03-2013, 20:03:14 »
Thanks, Gavrant! These news really sweeten my weekend :-* . I truly can't wait to play all those 'new maps'!
 :D

Offline jrivett

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 19-04-2013, 16:04:23 »
I just finished testing all the available maps after upgrading my server and client to patch B.  Awesome job, guys! Tons of issues resolved, much better bot behaviour, gameplay more interesting, etc. My server is now publicly online, running patch B: [JDR] FH 2.45 COOP PATCH B.

That said, there are still a few issues. Some of these have been reported elsewhere, and some are probably in the BF2 engine and not fixable, but I figured I'd post them all here anyway in the hope that the information may be of some use to the FH2 devs.

[1] Bots have a lot of trouble with bridges and other similar obstructions. They slow down to a crawl, and although they sometimes get across, they often don't.

[2] Currently, reloading sounds, and the reloading progress bar - when switching ammo type in tanks, artillery, etc. - don't seem to happen. So there's no way to hear or see when the reload is complete, as there is on normal reload.

[3] Bots tend to TK a lot. They don't seem to notice when their fellow soldiers are in the line of fire. Happens on foot as well as in vehicles.

[4] The view cannot be changed during coax MG reloading in tanks. For example, if you are in zoomed view, and the coax MG starts to reload, you can't unzoom until reload is complete.

[5] If you are prone and zoomed with certain infantry weapons (AT mostly?) and stand up, you can't unzoom until you go prone again (confirmed with AT rifles). This is a nightmare because movement is very slow, view is restricted, and you can't shoot! The solution is (presumably) to force un-zoom when changing stance to standing with those weapons equipped.

[6] Bring back the overview of captured flags below the minimap. I understand that the 'invisible' flags added for many FH2 maps are the reason this was removed, but it sure would be handy to find a way around this.

[7] Some maps start with all bots dying, which is not really a problem, but it is weirdly distracting. The only map that still does this that I've noticed is Battle of Keren.

[8] I'd like to see a server option to allow external view in armour. Driving is a lot easier with an unobstructed view.

[9] I'd like to see a server option to allow nose view in planes. I know this is problematic, but for many players (me!), it's the only way they can accomplish anything while flying.

[10] Maps with issues since patch B (from my own testing):
    Battle of Keren: server crashes about five minutes in, consistently.
    Operation Hyacinth: server crashes immediately after first spawn.
    Mareth Line: server crashes about five minutes in.
    Port En Bessin: client crashes on join; server sometimes crashes during map load.
    Eppeldorf: server crashes on join if playing Allied side (weird).
    Meuse River: server crashes about 20 minutes in.

Okay, that's it for now. Again, great job, guys! Let me know if I can help with any map testing.

Offline gavrant

• (Almost) retired dev
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 19-04-2013, 21:04:19 »
[1] Bots have a lot of trouble with bridges and other similar obstructions. They slow down to a crawl, and although they sometimes get across, they often don't.
Yeah, FH2 maps are quite tight for AI. The situation is worsened by the fact that a lot of areas are intentionally trashed to hamper tanks. Plus we can't make an area passable for vehicles but not passable for infantry, so barbed wire, for example, is no-go for tanks. On the bright side, we've got some aces in the hole to turn the tide, not on 180 degrees, but maybe on 60-90, so to speak.

[2] Currently, reloading sounds, and the reloading progress bar - when switching ammo type in tanks, artillery, etc. - don't seem to happen. So there's no way to hear or see when the reload is complete, as there is on normal reload.
Not an AI game modes issue.

[3] Bots tend to TK a lot. They don't seem to notice when their fellow soldiers are in the line of fire. Happens on foot as well as in vehicles.
Will be partially fixed in Patch C: handheld MGs - 90% less TKs, explosives - to some degree.

[4] The view cannot be changed during coax MG reloading in tanks. For example, if you are in zoomed view, and the coax MG starts to reload, you can't unzoom until reload is complete.

[5] If you are prone and zoomed with certain infantry weapons (AT mostly?) and stand up, you can't unzoom until you go prone again (confirmed with AT rifles). This is a nightmare because movement is very slow, view is restricted, and you can't shoot! The solution is (presumably) to force un-zoom when changing stance to standing with those weapons equipped.
Again, not AI game modes issues.

[6] Bring back the overview of captured flags below the minimap. I understand that the 'invisible' flags added for many FH2 maps are the reason this was removed, but it sure would be handy to find a way around this.
Sorry, don't understand this point. What is "the overview of captured flags below the minimap"?

[7] Some maps start with all bots dying, which is not really a problem, but it is weirdly distracting. The only map that still does this that I've noticed is Battle of Keren.
It's caused by bots spawning in not navmeshed areas (that is, areas where AI pathfinding is undefined). We're fixing the issue map by map.

[8] I'd like to see a server option to allow external view in armour. Driving is a lot easier with an unobstructed view.

[9] I'd like to see a server option to allow nose view in planes. I know this is problematic, but for many players (me!), it's the only way they can accomplish anything while flying.
Well, allowing external view in tanks and nose cams for planes is possible with some tweaking, but, TBH, I consider external view as cheating, tanks are supposed to be semi-blind at close quarters.

[10] Maps with issues since patch B (from my own testing):
    Battle of Keren: server crashes about five minutes in, consistently.
    Operation Hyacinth: server crashes immediately after first spawn.
    Mareth Line: server crashes about five minutes in.
    Port En Bessin: client crashes on join; server sometimes crashes during map load.
    Eppeldorf: server crashes on join if playing Allied side (weird).
    Meuse River: server crashes about 20 minutes in.
Fixed Keren, Hyacinth, Eppeldorf and Meuse will be released in Patch C. I'm not sure about Port En Bessin, needs checking. Mareth is yet to get new AI pathfinding, not fixed ATM.

And to tease you to the death, guys, Patch C will be released on the next Thursday, April 25th (GMT).

Offline jrivett

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 20-04-2013, 11:04:29 »
Gavrant:

Good to hear that you guys still have ideas for the bot driving issues. I look forward to any progress along those lines. Your explanation for bots dying at the start of a round makes sense, and I'm happy to hear there will be fixes for that as well. Also great news on the likelihood of reducing bot TKs.

Regarding 2, 4, 5, 6, 8 and 9: I understand that that these aren't AI issues, so I should report them elsewhere. What's the best forum for reporting general FH2 issues?

Issue 6, about the captured flag overview: it's not an AI issue, but basically it's this: in BF2, below the minimap, there's a row of indicators, one for each flag. The indicators show which team owns the corresponding flag. It's a great way to quickly check flag status for the whole map. It was apparently removed for FH2 because it gets messed up by the invisible flags added on many FH2 maps.

As for external views, I'm just saying it would be nice if it was a server option, so that the server admin could decide. It's really a personal preference thing, as it's hard to make a really convincing argument that it's not realistic. For instance, I only use external view when driving in tanks, not when fighting. Still, I see what you mean: as long as I'm in external view, it's a lot harder for someone to sneak up and plant explosives on my tank.

Again, thanks for the awesome work. Looking forward to patch C!

Offline gavrant

• (Almost) retired dev
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 25-04-2013, 22:04:34 »
Locking the thread to avoid confusion with more recent Patch C: http://fhpubforum.warumdarum.de/index.php?topic=19022.0
« Last Edit: 25-04-2013, 23:04:31 by gavrant »