Author Topic: New Map Ideas (Post Yours)  (Read 3033 times)

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
Re: New Map Ideas (Post Yours)
« Reply #30 on: 24-01-2018, 20:01:13 »
was his laid out like this?

I dont think it was. I changed it when I worked on it. I think I still have it on my external harddrive.

Offline Folke

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 02-03-2018, 20:03:54 »

This map has been figuring in my head for some time and offers some interesting possibilities.
After the fall of East Prussia the soviets proceeded with landings of troops and tanks on the frische nehrung (vistula spit) at the 26th of april 1945. Both the frische nehrung and the vistula estuary at the base of the frische nehrung was packed with wounded soldiers and fleeing civilians waiting to be picked up by the german fleet and the germans put up determined defense with the last tanks, equipment and soldiers to slow down the soviet attempts to destroy the bridgehead.
From what I can remember from reading the sPzAbt.511 (former 502) lost their last Tiger I (which was shipped from East Prussia and repaired) on the frische nehrung after inflicting the soviets some losses, aswell as the 4.Pz-Div sending some reinforcements to the frische nehrung - which leave some room for vehicle fighting. I will have to dive into my library for more specific information.
Information about the fighting.

Vehicle of interest; Panzerspahwagen II Ausf L Luchs (used in the 4th Panzer Division since 1943 and was sent into the fighting on the frische nehrung)
This light reconnaissance tank saw service until the end of the war on both the Eastern and Western Front with Panzer-Aufklarungs-Abteilungen (armored reconnaissance detachments) of Wehrmacht and Waffen-SS. Reported users include 116th Panzer Division on the Western Front and 3rd, 4th and 6th Panzer Division on the Eastern Front.
« Last Edit: 03-03-2018, 11:03:07 by Folke »

Offline Jimi Hendrix

• Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 03-03-2018, 02:03:48 »

https://youtu.be/-Sgj78QG9Bg?t=209  I hope this looks better  :)

Super! That is actually pretty much the setup I would have gone if I were to continue work on KeiMummy's Sinimäed map.

Like suggested, a fifth flag could work to help potential stalemates. That flag could be at the old cemetery, on the southern slope of Tornimägi or by the sport field belonging to the school at the village, between Grenaderimägi and the village.

Thought the area overall is large, one should be careful not to make the map too big. Some downscaling is almost always necessary, but in this kind of size it is far more appropriate approach than with the "fit the entire Kursk salient into a map" approach.

We need another Finnish map Pizzaman & this could be your claim to FH2 infamy!!
 ;)

Offline Folke

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 03-03-2018, 11:03:43 »
More information added in my post above, now I just need to learn mapping :O

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 03-03-2018, 12:03:39 »
We need another Finnish map...
oh yes, we do!  8)

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 03-03-2018, 14:03:20 »
Kinda like the Frische Nehrung idea, since it has an amphibious element. And if I ever made it and it sucks, I can blame you.

Offline pizzzaman

• Test Map De-coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 03-03-2018, 16:03:30 »
 ;)

But that's Estonia..? I don't know much about Finnish WW2 history except that it seems like all combat was in the woodlands.
You are bathing in misery and hope, waiting for someone to come and pull the plug.

Offline Jimi Hendrix

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 03-03-2018, 16:03:55 »
 ;)

But that's Estonia..? I don't know much about Finnish WW2 history except that it seems like all combat was in the woodlands.
Sorry, i was thinking Narva was Finland vs Russia. Its Germany vs Russia.  :-\

Perhaps a map from the Lapland War. Germany vs Finland, but Narva is a great map idea!!

:P

Offline pizzzaman

• Test Map De-coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 03-03-2018, 17:03:24 »
Had another map idea about Novorossiysk during the 1943 Kuban offensive. But I had trouble coming up with flag names since I don't understand Cyrillic. Also included a map based on the battle. I'd say this map kind of reminds me of Bad Company 2's "Port Valdez" with its harbor and nearby mountains. This would be a standard push map from the bottom right all the way to the top left.

You are bathing in misery and hope, waiting for someone to come and pull the plug.

Offline Folke

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 03-03-2018, 18:03:28 »
Kinda like the Frische Nehrung idea, since it has an amphibious element. And if I ever made it and it sucks, I can blame you.
:-* even easier to blame me if I make it myself, and the amphibious element was also my thought to avoid a hopeless stalemate meatgrinder even though the soviet side would have overwhelming superiority in armor and equipment, could aswell be a map without a german uncappable mainbase.

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 03-03-2018, 18:03:45 »
Saying Narva is a great map idea is like saying Stalingrad or Kursk is a great idea... it's a bit broad approach at the subject and wouldnt be feasible to do with the map sizes we deal with. Now, if you would say something... Prokhorovka, Pavlov's House or something more specific, then it would make the idea at least somewhat doable.

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 03-03-2018, 20:03:58 »
Had another map idea about Novorossiysk during the 1943 Kuban offensive. But I had trouble coming up with flag names since I don't understand Cyrillic. Also included a map based on the battle. I'd say this map kind of reminds me of Bad Company 2's "Port Valdez" with its harbor and nearby mountains. This would be a standard push map from the bottom right all the way to the top left.

Seems like custom statics galore  ;D

Online VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 03-03-2018, 22:03:00 »
I seem to recall, long ago, I suggested the Soviet invasion of Crimea as a good amphib map for the Eastern Front.....  :P

Offline Jimi Hendrix

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 03-03-2018, 22:03:53 »
Saying Narva is a great map idea is like saying Stalingrad or Kursk is a great idea... it's a bit broad approach at the subject and wouldnt be feasible to do with the map sizes we deal with. Now, if you would say something... Prokhorovka, Pavlov's House or something more specific, then it would make the idea at least somewhat doable.

Well i meant a more focused battle within The Battle of Narva. Basically what pizzaman came up with or "Battle of Tannenberg Line".

BTW FHSW has tons of cool custom statics, like the Reichstag & others. Is it possible to port those statics over to FH2...with permissions of course.

8)

Offline FHMax3

• Gunnery Sargeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 04-03-2018, 13:03:43 »
If anyone needs help de-ciphering Cyrillic, y'all have me 
That other thread failed miserably and if you try to spam or flame here, I will break your arms.
FH2 won't be the last FH. ;)