Author Topic: Laws of FH2  (Read 8497 times)

Offline ajappat

• "Cheater"
    • View Profile
Re: Laws of FH2
« Reply #15 on: 29-04-2012, 16:04:59 »
Well this is old one and said by someone else on this forum, long time ago.

If you need reinforcements, lay some smines and all friends will run into your position.

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 29-04-2012, 16:04:25 »
All these laws... That's why I pray and make small donations to gods of Luck before every round. BTW does anyone know good gods with guaranteed results? I have a couple of candidates for human sacrifice, if required.

Offline gavrant

• (Almost) retired dev
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 29-04-2012, 16:04:21 »
@Ts4EVER: But it didn't help him!

Offline CHRISTIEFRONTDRIVE

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 29-04-2012, 17:04:37 »
- The longer you wait for a vehicle/kit to spawn, the more frustrating/ridiculous your next death will be.

(Case in point today on Luttich, waiting 10-15 minutes for the Greyhound to spawn (after it spawned once and someone else, somehow, got in it before me) and once I get it I drive off and straight into a friendly Sherman, killing me and a bystander) :D.
Quote from: TASSER1
you suck. noone likes you. and your mother isn't pretty

Quote from: Eightball1182
Andrew.Drunk.Drive...I love u man. You get it...u get it 100%. Stay cool Canada brother.

Offline Paythoss

• Sabaku no Kitsune
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 29-04-2012, 23:04:43 »
* Tiger II is the best noob magnet in FH2 . Always they got  first and wasted in 5 minutes or riding without the plan on all map not shooting to a single enemy tank , even if he is a 0.5 m behind him  ;D
(tested in 90% maps with Tiger II  8) :P )

Offline Ahonen

• "The grass just spoke chinese."
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 30-04-2012, 00:04:32 »
-The AT kit is never available when needed.
-The enemy vehicle is always destroyed just as you spawn with said AT kit.
-Enemy infantry abounds and enemy vehicles vanish just as you get your hands on an AT kit.
 Abandon it and the chances of suddenly meeting an enemy tank are tripled.

-Mortars can be affected by one of two statuses:
 "Manned by enemy": +75% to accuracy on target.
 "Manned by ally": -75% to accuracy on target.
-A certain plumber took 'shrooms when he failed to rescue his girlfriend from being raped by a gorilla. His whole experience was documented in a game.

Offline Flyboy1942

• AKA: Ghanrage
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 30-04-2012, 16:04:20 »
Laws of FH2:

- Type 'tank down' in teamchat every time you kill the tank slaughtering your squad and no one will say anything. Type 'tank down' when someone else kills it, just so your squad knows they can leave cover, and someone else will immediately make it clear THEY killed the tank, and they will be soundly congratulated for their incredible achievement.

- If you 'sing' a bit of the loading music in the chat in the minute before the round starts, no one will sing along. If someone else starts singing first instead the whole server becomes one big barbershop quartet.

Poor Andrew... : P

*Wait behind cover with AT equipment, enemy tank on other side scanning. Wait. Peak around edge of cover and see tank facing away, towards your team's flag. Ready AT, sprint around cover towards tank's rear. Hes looking straight at you.

*Flag under seige, sneak up towards enemy tank with AT equipment, dodging in and out of cover like a ninja. He's now within spitting distance. Ready to throw/launch, stand up. Enemy SMGer 10 feet away.

*If you run around a corner, see an enemy AP mine 10 feet away, and stop, it will blow up anyway.

*When half your team is advancing down a street, and you cover the flank in a parallel street, enemies will always come from the side your team is on.

*Hiding enemies only charge out of a building when you are holding a grenade.

*You can perfectly throw grenades into second story windows only when they are empty and you are alone.

*The startled flight of birds animation is only tripped by team mates and yourself.

*Scanning ahead of your squad with the SL binoculars is a good way to find enemy riflemen aiming at you.

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 30-04-2012, 16:04:10 »
*You can perfectly throw grenades into second story windows only when they are empty and you are alone

Best one yet :D.

Andrew.Drunk.Drive...I love u man. You get it...u get it 100%. Stay cool Canada brother.

Offline FORGOTTENKEVINOHOPE

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 30-04-2012, 18:04:32 »
"*Scanning ahead of your squad with the SL binoculars is a good way to find enemy riflemen aiming at you."

yes, yes  many times!  its a good view of death though!!

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 30-04-2012, 20:04:04 »
- If the vehicle you are in is capable of defeating all but one of the enemy tanks on the map, then that certain enemy tank is the one you will see most.

(Hate to keep harping on about the Greyhound on Luttich but it occurred to me today in that thing I can take out the Puma, the StuG, the Panzer IV, the Hanomag/Foot Stuka, and obviously trucks and jeeps, but not the Panther.  I know there are two Panthers which skew the results slightly but there was a string of 5 or 6 straight spawns where I got the M8, zoomed around to all different corners of the map, and saw Panther after Panther after Panther. Finally I saw a Panzer IV and shot him in the ass twice to kill him :D).

*Actually, I think it might be possibly to kill the Panther with the 37mm if you hit the engine deck, but there is no realistic chance of this happening on Luttich, save for the stars aligning perfectly at the Abbaye flag. And even then, I'm not 100% sure.

Offline Flyboy1942

• AKA: Ghanrage
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 30-04-2012, 23:04:28 »
*Yes, that odd "thuck" noise behind you was a grenade landing in the mud. No, shooting it will not send it spinning safely away from you.

*Latency will always find a way to connect the speeding enemy jeep with your fleeing body.

*Firing 25 rounds at an open doorway has no psychological effect on the attacking enemy soldier. Your last five rounds will hit the door frame.

*Pushmaps will be fought inch by bloody inch until you find a good defensive position, at which point all of your flags will be taken before you can stand back up.

Offline gavrant

• (Almost) retired dev
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 01-05-2012, 00:05:24 »
-Mortars can be affected by one of two statuses:
 "Manned by enemy": +75% to accuracy on target.
 "Manned by ally": -75% to accuracy on target.

I'd restate this law as follows:
- For a common infantryman, there's no such thing as "friendly artillery". Mortars of both teams want YOU dead.

Offline im_a_lazy_sod

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 01-05-2012, 16:05:52 »
- If you wait for a tank to spawn and then give up, it will spawn when you have just started walking to the front-line and someone else will take it.  Then you will be sad

Offline [QPS]_Sex_Bomb

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 01-05-2012, 18:05:50 »
-When you commit suicide with intention to respawn on your squad leader, be assured that he will die before you can do so.

Offline katakulli

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 01-05-2012, 18:05:18 »
  Keep spotting enemy tanks and asking for air support.
  After 5 minutes, lose all of your patience and try to do something.
  And... here comes planes.  8) 
  http://vimeo.com/41294109
Basically, axis bias has removed. Glad its being noticed.