Author Topic: Death in the Night - A Forgotten Hope 2 Update  (Read 10099 times)

Offline Butcher

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    • View Profile
Re: Death in the Night - A Forgotten Hope 2 Update
« Reply #45 on: 14-06-2013, 14:06:03 »
That thing is toast. Mind you, it´s not fighting the 20 round Breda Mgs like the Hawker Hardy xD.
Yeah, it's fighting ground targets that can't see nor hear it coming.
That wasn´t my point. It´s not going to totally avoid being shot at by MGs. If those are available on the map - be it MG 34/42, Finnish DP - it will get shot at. And all of those have better AA capabilities than the Breda. This can be seen on Cobra already, but the planes are faster and can get away. You are not flying through a vacuum with the Po-2.

As for the not hearing part: Then it would need a glide mode. Maybe it shouldn´t make a sound if you don´t give throttle (W-button). The plane got nicknamed the sewing machine for its specific engine noise.
He got banned for our sins. He was not the member FH forums deserved, he was the member we needed.

Offline Leopardi

• [11PzG] member
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 15-06-2013, 10:06:51 »
It might be a candidate for the Finland maps. There we wouldnt have the problem with mg42 and at least much lesss with tank coax, because the finns wont have many tanks i suppose.
Do 17's vs Po-2's https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgdRtJ0a5YM

Offline Michael Z Freeman

• The Few are many ;)
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #47 on: 20-06-2013, 20:06:49 »
AMAZING UPDATE !

According to WP these ladies flew these "wood and canvas" aircraft with no parachutes. How wussy are people today ? They can barely get down to the corner shop never mind go on some feminine psychological warfare mission sitting in something sewn together out of textiles that is the equivalent of a bomb carrying butterfly :P The fact that these beauties flew below the stalling speed of German fighters, making them difficult to target, also makes me laugh. The hare and tortoise ?

Offline SamusMaximus8492

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 21-06-2013, 00:06:41 »
"The Last Citadel" has quite a vivid point of POV chapter of a pilot flying one of these raids.

http://books.google.com/books?id=ds8lVgHLQGwC&printsec=frontcover&dq=the+last+citadel&hl=en&sa=X&ei=PITDUavdLrHd4AO_qIGgBQ#v=onepage&q&f=true

Look for chapter three, though the others are worth a read, as is the whole book. I believe the historical accuracy, especially towards the end with the battle of Prokhorovka leaves a lot to be desired, though it's still a fantastic story, especially if you're into tank warfare.

Can't wait to fly it myself!

Offline Mattitatti

• Hyvä SaiPa!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 23-06-2013, 13:06:38 »
Its Sunday time for new news, isnt it?

Offline Kuupperi

• Professional spoilsport
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 23-06-2013, 15:06:31 »
You want some news? I got some (bad) news for you: no news. The pleasure was all mine.  ;D

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 23-06-2013, 15:06:59 »
How can you get pleasure from torture... :'(

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 23-06-2013, 16:06:13 »
Were ther any versions without the co-pilot MG? I would like to shoot out of the second seat with my pistol, just like TheTA said :3

Hah imagine if they recoded the piper cub and storch so you could open the canopy and shoot out of it... Imagine commanders dueling in scout planes. (Or throwing thermos bombs on unsuspecting tanks :P)
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 23-06-2013, 16:06:49 »
That would actually be fun  ;D

I remember seeing a photo of a Cub armed with a couple of Bazooka's under the wings  ;D Might be a good easter egg if one of the devs decide to do something just for fun :D

Offline BaskaBommi

• Fought the Battle of the Nazisis
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 23-06-2013, 19:06:45 »
Hah imagine if they recoded the piper cub and storch so you could open the canopy and shoot out of it... Imagine commanders dueling in scout planes. (Or throwing thermos bombs on unsuspecting tanks :P)
Feels like Porco Rosso. Piper vs Storch. Welby vs Luger. The first one to get the pilot killed, wins!
Steam-name: Sinko-Zimo

Offline Roughbeak

• Science of Hooting, PhD
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 23-06-2013, 23:06:51 »
Anyone remember this in WW1? US aircraft co-pilots used these before air battles became serious business.

Offline Kuupperi

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 24-06-2013, 13:06:40 »
That'd be so ridiculous if co-pilot tried to shoot the enemy plane with his pistol in FH2. Just try to imagine that kind of situation and you'll see how ridiculous that is when you think of how accurate (range 50m) and how effective the pistol is in the game, also think of fast flying planes with decent armor against handheld weapons. As it was said it seems more like WW1 but still damn that makes my day on these forums.  ;D

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 24-06-2013, 15:06:50 »
As it was said it seems more like WW1 but still damn that makes my day on these forums.  ;D

*ahem*

http://www.5ad.org/units/Duane%20Francies.htm

http://www.5ad.org/units/francies1.html

There are many theories that Germans simply wanted to surrender, but still, it happened!
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline Kuupperi

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 24-06-2013, 15:06:21 »
I wouldn't mix up the game and reality together as I was speaking of the game all along. Try that on FH2 and get surprised by the result. No one surrenders in game.

That's a good real life story though but doesn't work that way in FH2. At least I would keep flying and grining while seeing my plane being shot at with a lousy pistol.  ;D

Offline Musti

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 24-06-2013, 16:06:47 »
I'd totally do that! I would spend hours shooting at airplanes with pistol, but sooner or later i'll have to kill someone, and it would be an EPIC feeling! Totally worth it.
WARNING!
Assholes are closer than they appear!