Author Topic: How to use Anti personel Mines?  (Read 13152 times)

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Re: How to use Anti personel Mines?
« Reply #60 on: 27-04-2014, 01:04:30 »
Everything is possible ;) but you have to search for it and then disable it. That's why I called it "actively disable" the 3D map.

I assume it is not paying attention by teammates in this case.

Ah yes in options there's a checkbox for nametags and mine markers. But not paying attention is 99% of it.

But does that mean the bug on 64+ player servers (where you can't see everyone's nametag) affects it? Would that affect 3D minemarkers too?

P.S. when placing mines try to avoid known spawn points ;) I've literally spawned on one before. :P 

Offline Surfbird

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 27-04-2014, 01:04:45 »
Yes, sometimes there are indeed problems with mine markers with 64+ player code. Observed that several times in 2.45 at least.

Offline tom-at-o

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 27-04-2014, 03:04:42 »
Slayer, you are right about the player jumping before the throw. I have always thought of the game as a sim and lie down to place a mine. During a game on the previous build i remember an admin advising players to enable mine markers in their options if they had them disabled. If what you say is correct then that amounts to a lot of inattention or a deliberate death wish. A red X is very easy to see. Could it be that many players don't know what the red X signifies? 

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 27-04-2014, 10:04:07 »
Slayer, you are right about the player jumping before the throw. I have always thought of the game as a sim and lie down to place a mine.
Yes, many players like to play the game in a relistic style, which looks better btw. But others play the game more "gamey".

During a game on the previous build i remember an admin advising players to enable mine markers in their options if they had them disabled. If what you say is correct then that amounts to a lot of inattention or a deliberate death wish. A red X is very easy to see. Could it be that many players don't know what the red X signifies?
Right now you have to go into options to disbale the minemarkers, because they are "on" by default. I doubt if players don't know what the red X means, and if they don't I guess they do after their first death (or maybe their second). If it happens a lot when you are playing 64+, it might be buggy:
Yes, sometimes there are indeed problems with mine markers with 64+ player code. Observed that several times in 2.45 at least.

Offline Jimi Hendrix

• Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 27-04-2014, 15:04:33 »
 I posted a tutorial regarding this about 2 years ago:

http://fhpubforum.warumdarum.de/index.php?topic=17088.0

Glad to see the 3D-Map it on by default now.

One thing that has changed in 2.46 is the "Setting" of the AP Mine.

In 2.45 - You could goes prone, start fixing the mine to set it, stand up & run for about 1-2 sec,
then when i heard the click, it would fall where i stood

In 2.46: Once you start "Fixing the Mine to set it", it is SET wherever you started.
No More free time to fix it.

Both of which are improvements (Default 3DMap Activation-New "Setting" of the AP Mine)

Good squad leaders or members remind their squad to ensure their 3D Map is ON or to beware of S-Mine locations.

;)