Author Topic: How to deal with Smacktards on the Servers  (Read 2311 times)

Offline Graf_Radetzky(CZ)

• View Profile
Re: How to deal with Smacktards on the Servers
« Reply #15 on: 07-10-2013, 15:10:21 »
To 5hitm4k3r:
I originally intended something less polite, but decided that I won't lower myself to this level and instead I will try to keep in mind that it is best to be respectful, even when voicing my opinion, and that also stands for you. Your statement "you know a shit about what is going on" almost made me spill my tea.

With the fact that hslan ain't no more, I don't have BF2 installed on my new laptop anymore (RIP to the old one), and seeing the atmosphere, it will probably stay that way.

Offline Mudzin

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 07-10-2013, 16:10:58 »
If you look more carefully to Korsakov's screens you will notice that his squad was at this flag already when the flag was possible to cap:
1. "Church" flag - they reached the flag and their backflags has been lost, his squadmates were kicked before the flags were capture by any side - that's something unacceptable for me!
2. "Harbor" flag - they even managed to grey, but Axis were faster with recapping backflags, again squadmates were kicked before Axis manage to cap Harbor back - also something unacceptable for me..

If it happened to me and my squadmates, I would simply ragequit and forget about this server...

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 07-10-2013, 16:10:34 »
I see that gaming is serious business for you guys, but what about grow the fuck up? I understand that some people might get bored with FH2 after few years of playing and it's completely normal as people change (or some don't enjoy the game changes) but accusing server admins and rules of it is plain stupid. From "former 762 hater" point of view who eventually was forced to join their servers only because of lack of the others I must admit that servers improved a lot during last few years and I enjoy playing on them. Most of arguments here on forums has little with situations in game actually and happens only because of few childish stubborn people who enjoy these never ending shitstorms and blindly defend or attack 762s. Of course Korsakov829 is right and proved it with screenshots and I was about to write what Mudzin said (except the last sentence which is silly). Such things happen and always will. Remember that we are all humans and we make mistakes, this apply to servers admins as well in case you don't know that. But taking offense because of that and stop playing game is good for a 10 years old. Do you really believe that admins shit to their own nest? I think that they do their best to improve the server and make game enjoyable for all of us. Strange how I had NO PROBLEMS with being kicked/banned or getting rid of smacktards during last year, at least none I can think about atm.

"Hurr durr my favourite server is down I won't play game anymore!"
"Oh noes, someone is a jerk over the internet! It must be admins fault"
"I was kicked by (mistaken) admin this server server is shit!!1!"

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD

Offline Oberst

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 07-10-2013, 16:10:48 »
I see that gaming is serious business for you guys, but what about grow the fuck up? I understand that some people might get bored with FH2 after few years of playing and it's completely normal as people change (or some don't enjoy the game changes) but accusing server admins and rules of it is plain stupid. From "former 762 hater" point of view who eventually was forced to join their servers only because of lack of the others I must admit that servers improved a lot during last few years and I enjoy playing on them. Most of arguments here on forums has little with situations in game actually and happens only because of few childish stubborn people who enjoy these never ending shitstorms and blindly defend or attack 762s. Of course Korsakov829 is right and proved it with screenshots and I was about to write what Mudzin said (except the last sentence which is silly). Such things happen and always will. Remember that we are all humans and we make mistakes, this apply to servers admins as well in case you don't know that. But taking offense because of that and stop playing game is good for a 10 years old. Do you really believe that admins shit to their own nest? I think that they do their best to improve the server and make game enjoyable for all of us. Strange how I had NO PROBLEMS with being kicked/banned or getting rid of smacktards during last year, at least none I can think about atm.

"Hurr durr my favourite server is down I won't play game anymore!"
"Oh noes, someone is a jerk over the internet! It must be admins fault"
"I was kicked by (mistaken) admin this server server is shit!!1!"

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD

Where is the "thumbs up" button?

Offline hitm4k3r

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 07-10-2013, 19:10:22 »
@Radetzky:

Why did this statement made you spill your tea? It is just as it is, simple as that. As I said, there is a lot more behind 762 than just kicking, warning or banning. But you guys can't know that, because you seldom play on our servers, you never join our TS, you don't participate in our forum, you are not part of the admin team and you don't take part in the discussions between the admins wich not only involve administration btw. You don't join beta tests and you don't contribute anything to help to keep this mod alive. There is just so much stuff that you don't do, except claiming to know how the world is spinning. And that is the whole problem. There goes alot of time, money and work into 762 that you guys are simply not aware off. I don't want to blame you for not knowing it, but then please atleast stop telling how shitty 762 is. Because that's the thing that really pisses me off when people start spreading lies. Most people of you will not even know who Neo82 is or who Knalli is. Maybe take a look at the staff page here and you get a bit of an imagination, what is going on and then maybe you will even find a littlebit of your lost respect for other peoples work and stop telling how "fucked up our admins are".  >:(

You can either accept, that we try to keep this mod alive on different ways and that we try to give our best in our freetime or whine about that hslan is no more and how bad everything is. Pureperversions shows how you do it. Pull up the sleeves and help where you can instead of just cyring tears on your keyboard and being sentimental.

The athmosphere in this community is quite good compared to two years ago. Most people grew up and try to work together now, equal whether they are from FlH, WaW, 762, hslan, !@!, it is equal whether they are part of the dev team or a beta tester or what ever. And I am glad that it is as it is now.

At the rest of you guys: The screenshots show that a few people got kicked for attacking uncaps according to our ruels, and that's right according to that screenshot as church is an uncap in that situation. There is no false report or anything that Korsakov tried to prove. We admins take a look on the minimap quite often and check what is going on. I trust the judgement of Mike more than Mudzin (yes, you think we are dumb, Kwiot - but we are not as dumb as you think), who got a perma ban on our servers aswell as loosing is administration rights and Korsakov who just likes to tell how bad 762 is, but joins our servers afterwards because we still seem to be good enough. Mudzin/Kwiot/Kwiatkowsky or Joachim Peiper, joins our servers from time to time with different nicknames because he is shitting his pants. How much can I give about a person who lost all his credibilty and even got a ban here in the forum for his fascist mind set?

And we try to handle every player the same way, so we will not handle them according to their nationality or language. That you come up with such arguments shows even more that you don't know how admining works, Korsakov. And please don't dare to join our servers next time, equal whether they are for FH2, PR, AP, Pirates 2 or what ever and stick to your principles and be a man.

Djinn got the answers he asked for and you other guys have something to think about. Over and out

Offline pureperversions

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 07-10-2013, 19:10:24 »
something to note about this thread, Korsakov829 you where nothing but trouble on hslan for being one of the smacktards being mentioned

things to note about screen shots, whilst it does show the players being kicked, it doenst show if they had been warned before about attacking uncaps, one player is clearing entering allied last flag maybe the others had been near it to and its taken him time to scroll through chat log to see who was there believe me that can take some time and effort to work out if you have certain settings enable on gfx card and type out the kicks now most of the ones kicked are not problem players but ever the best players can get caught up and attack the wrong flag hence the kicks not bans,

you will also note another none admin player calling for them to be dealt with so maybe they had done something a few minutes before?, and if it had been hectic battle with people being idiots mistakes get made and some admins are more likely to kick than others due to differing views on what actions are worse or not

graf as admin on hslan and now 762 these days there is no real difference apart from different rules between the two servers

Offline Roughbeak

• Science of Hooting, PhD
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 07-10-2013, 19:10:58 »
Just to keep adding to our notes here. ;)

First off, Korsakov, you never look at the right decisions made by us admins. You just look at the "bad" or "I don't think this is what you should do" or "screw 762, they have bad admins".

In reality we try to do the best we can do, I have seen many of my fellow admins (including me) look at the minimap, I even triple check at the minimap or scoreboard to see if it is the right player for him to kicked!.
Many times in this case some other admin kicks the same player before I do, because I am careful who I kick or ban.

If you think 762 lives just because the players are familiar with it or a bigger playerbase, you're are wrong.
762 lives just because we are friendly to the players who enter, from private to general. Yes we make mistakes but that's being human!
Look at 762, see how organized their forums are!

I totally enjoy WaW of what they put up on Thursdays, really enjoyable, but look at 762, they are basically the only server that keeps FH2 going! Of course you might say, "hslan could have done it"! They may, they may have, but if we were without 762, FH2 would die.

Peace out
« Last Edit: 07-10-2013, 19:10:26 by Roughbeak »

Offline Korsakov829

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 07-10-2013, 19:10:26 »
They may, they may have, but if we were without 762, FH2 would die.
Now that's saying a bit much, it's been put to the test before when 762 servers have occasionally been down and from what I have seen people are perfectly capable of moving on.

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 07-10-2013, 20:10:31 »
Yeah, being a nice community with good admins is one thing but don't pretend to be heroes here. Roughbeak you exaggerate a little, if not 762 players would find another server. Those are players who keep this mod alive, all of them.

Offline Roughbeak

• Science of Hooting, PhD
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 07-10-2013, 20:10:38 »
I even triple check at the minimap or scoreboard to see if it is the right player for him to kicked!.
Many times in this case some other admin kicks the same player before I do, because I am careful who I kick or ban.

This was not exaggerating. ;)

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 07-10-2013, 20:10:49 »
I even triple check at the minimap or scoreboard to see if it is the right player for him to kicked!.

This was not exaggerating. ;)

but I was talking about this:
if we were without 762, FH2 would die.

Offline hitm4k3r

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 07-10-2013, 20:10:13 »
But there is a reason why those people join 762 and no other server, Jan. We are not heroes or what ever, but 762 as a team puts alot of effort into this little project and that pays off. People notice that there are admins who take care of them and the majority of people on the server knows each other quite well. People don't say "fuck off", when I join the server and say "hi all". I played alot of different shooters online on many different servers, but nowhere I found a community and an admin team as well organized.

FH2 would not die instantly if you would switch off the 762 servers. There is no question that people would move on. The question is how long you could keep the mod alive with that. The community would have to organize an admin team quite fast and establish all those things that you need to keep it going. And that is not an easy task.

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 07-10-2013, 20:10:33 »
Calm down 5hitm4k3er, I wasn't talking to you. There is no need to ask any questions because most of us appreciate your good work, so stop spamming. You tend to defend good name of 762 even when no one is attacking it. Roughbeak was exaggerating, that's all.

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 07-10-2013, 22:10:54 »
@ mods: pls delete all off-topic messages (including this one) or cut them  and move it to off-topic and change title to "How to deal with Smacktards on the forums". Thank you.

@ all: pls stop derailing threads into endless BS. It's a shame that useful initiatives are killed off by the same shit over and over again.

Offline x4fun ODIUM

• View Profile
    • www.762-ranking.de
« Reply #29 on: 08-10-2013, 01:10:49 »
Err, it can be proven, so I am going to bother. And don't say that 762 admins investigate everything since it only takes them an average time of less than a minute to start kicking people. [...]

So you sit 24/7 on our servers with a stop watch and an excel table to calculate the mean time in between infraction and kick. Did not figure there are people with that much spare time.
Otherwise you would never make such an unfounded claim, right, Korsakov?

Half a decade of complaints isn't enough? The admins are flawed, they make mistakes every other day and my suggestion is to change that.
We have been around since 2009. That is 4 years if I count right. Where did you go to preschool and learn to count? Wall mart television, Burger King drive in?

How about you play on another server? I am so close to giving you a free ride ticket off from all [762] servers. I just cannot bear the thought that you ever should come back and torture yourself with the unbearable administration.

« Last Edit: 08-10-2013, 01:10:59 by x4fun ODIUM »
Kind Regards / MfG
x4fun I<ODIUM>I