Author Topic: Singleplayer in Forgotten Hope 2.46 - 2.48  (Read 26455 times)

Offline Michael Z Freeman

• The Few are many ;)
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
Re: Singleplayer in Forgotten Hope 2.46
« Reply #15 on: 15-04-2014, 21:04:32 »
What an ACE update  8)

Now I can storm into enemy positions and get the bots to do some work with that bail out command  ;D

DJ Barney, for you: better handling of the spotlights on Hyacinth and Keren 32.

I appreciate the mention  :D. I only just updated and tried out Gold Beach. Hyacinth will be the next map that I load.

Thanks for all the hard work.

Offline MaxP

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 16-04-2014, 18:04:49 »
It would be nice if we have SP/COOP on Omaha Beach!
It will be amazing. I'm really impressed with this map.

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 16-04-2014, 20:04:45 »
These sound so good, now I really wanna see some SP action!

Offline Tuco

• FH lurker since 2005
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 17-04-2014, 04:04:19 »
Played a few rounds, noticeable improvement for sure. :D
Great job!
If you have to shoot, shoot, dont talk.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 17-04-2014, 08:04:12 »
It may not be big, but I particularly like how bots in a half truck drive up to the flag and immediately all bail out and get to work. This was unheard of some time ago.

Same goes for a guy on an AT gun pushing his AT, see a tank and immediately switch to gun position, or a front mg on a hanomag, switch to rear mg when the player goes round to the bsck of it.

It's subtle, but there are loadz of things that make me wonder if I'm playing bots or some smart alec got into my coop game :)

Offline blarg

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 17-04-2014, 23:04:50 »
I love all of the improvements, I have been playing FH2 again the last few days, and I think there has only been one CTD thus far.  I am enjoying the way bots are behaving, and I like the new commrose too :)

Thanks for all the hard work, it is certainly appreciated!

Offline Darman

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 18-04-2014, 12:04:06 »
Haven't had a CTD yet :D

Just one thing I noticed while playing a lot of the Africa Maps the last days:

On Mersa Matruh there is a spawn point at the German "Airstrip" where the StuKas are parked. A lot of AI trys to spawn there. 90% of them die istantly on spawning and jiggle around in a pool of dead bodys. the 10% surviving will stand right where they spawned for the rest of the game doing nothing. They won't try to mount a StuKa or walk away, they'll just go idle and wait. As a result, when playing as British, you won't see a single German Aircraft the whole mission and when playing Axis, a lot of offensive power is lost due to the not manned StuKas and AI just hanging around.
Furthermore, there is a Radio flying in the air at that spawn position, I think the table was accidentially deleted by someone. You might wanna look into this.

Also the Navmesh/ the pathnodes or whatever of Mareth Line could use an update. Even with a superiority of 3:1, British Forces don't stand a chance because they'll get stuck at the bridges with 85% of their tanks. Testetd with HABAI.
« Last Edit: 18-04-2014, 12:04:17 by Darman »

Offline jrivett

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 18-04-2014, 14:04:07 »
Great job on the update! Bot behaviour has improved greatly. Love being able to tell them to get out of a vehicle at last.

The only issues I've seen so far are server crashes that also happened with FH 2.45 Coop Patch C:
- Battle Of Brest, when the Allies take the Plaza flag, or soon after (issue #85)
- Mareth Line, when the Allies take the Toujane flag, or soon after (issue #86)
- Mount Olympus, a few minutes after starting (issue #87)

I previously reported these server crashes on the FH AI issue tracker, and have updated those reports to confirm the problems still exist in 2.46. Note that these server crashes happen every time.

In issue #85, Gavrant reported that he was unable to reproduce the server crash on Brest. But Gavrant's server is Windows, and mine is Linux, which has me wondering what's handled differently on Linux. File and folder name case is one example. What about character sets and special characters? I found a special character in one of the Brest files and changed it, but it didn't help.

Anyone else running 2.46 coop on Linux who can test this?

Offline Mr.IAmHere

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 18-04-2014, 20:04:02 »
For some reason, the attackers points keep on decreasing regardless of how many flags they have (in SP). I tried Gold Beach and had captured all but 2 point but still was losing points constantly.

Is this meant to happen?

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 18-04-2014, 22:04:52 »
For some reason, the attackers points keep on decreasing regardless of how many flags they have (in SP).
Some maps have a bleed mode in which you need to cap all flags in order to win. Gold Beach is one of those, so yes, that is meant to happen.

Offline Mr.IAmHere

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 18-04-2014, 22:04:07 »
For some reason, the attackers points keep on decreasing regardless of how many flags they have (in SP).
Some maps have a bleed mode in which you need to cap all flags in order to win. Gold Beach is one of those, so yes, that is meant to happen.

Thanks for your prompt reply.

I was also musing on the ability to disable it. Is that possible via modding the level? Can you give me any pointers?

I don't really care about going online so compatibility won't be a problem.
Thank you in advance.
« Last Edit: 18-04-2014, 22:04:57 by Mr.IAmHere »

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 18-04-2014, 23:04:07 »
Sorry, don't know how you could do that. Maybe post a question or search for it in the Modding forum?

http://fhpubforum.warumdarum.de/index.php?board=20.0

Offline Sparks

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 19-04-2014, 02:04:42 »
Villers Bocage Coop 64 player, both times I played the map I get a CTD between 5 -  10 mins from start.
I play with only 15 bots because I'm on a laptop. In windowed mode with settings at medium.
Such a beautiful map would like to play it more.
Have played online recently with high ping and no CTD's.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

One little thing I think would be a useful feature and that is to have the tank commander able to stand out of the turret and use binos. I think its been done before in 0.7, I like long sniping from a distance, way more realistic, just my 2 cents worth. 8)

Offline jrivett

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 19-04-2014, 16:04:13 »
Villers Bocage Coop 64 player, both times I played the map I get a CTD between 5 -  10 mins from start.
I play with only 15 bots because I'm on a laptop. In windowed mode with settings at medium.

I'm also seeing problems with Villers Bocage. In my case, the server crashes a few minutes in every time. Didn't have that problem with that map in the previous version. 64 bit Ubuntu Linux, 58 bots.

Offline ksl94

• British Imperialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 19-04-2014, 17:04:40 »
It also does the same for me. Windows 7, 96 bots.