Author Topic: MG and MG emplacment tweak  (Read 1904 times)

Offline Josh094

• FH-Betatester
  • Oh dear.
    • View Profile
    • ProjectBarrett
MG and MG emplacment tweak
« on: 28-10-2010, 13:10:58 »
Would it be possible to make aiming the MGs, both player carried and Fixed MGs slower to aim? After handling an MG42 myself I have noticed how cumbersome they are, especially when laying down. Infact if you haven't handled an MG42 yourself I think it is difficult to imagine how hard they are to handle.

Cast your mind to the static AT emplacments that can only turn on the spot. When turning them, once momentum has been gained and you let go of which ever directional key you were using the gun continues to roll slightly, slowing down gradually - Would it also be possible to impliment this into the MG emplacments?

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
Re: MG and MG emplacment tweak
« Reply #1 on: 28-10-2010, 13:10:07 »
Care to explain why this would be needed?

Another reason than you having used an MG42 yourself, that is  8)

Offline Josh094

• FH-Betatester
  • Oh dear.
    • View Profile
    • ProjectBarrett
« Reply #2 on: 28-10-2010, 13:10:39 »
Care to explain why this would be needed?

Another reason than you having used an MG42 yourself, that is  8)

Because I feel that the MGs at the moment are over kill, mainly the MG42. They can move extremely quickly, the are almost pixel accurate and again, I thought FH2 liked historical accuracy.

I just believe making it slower will compensate for it's grate accuracy and give opposing infantry a greater chance against MG emplacments..

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 28-10-2010, 14:10:27 »
Then again, Josh, you use the mg42 from day in to day out as your primary weapon in a war where it is extremely important to be agile and quick in your actions as it literally affects the length of your life.

Oh wait, I was wrong. Any gun feels cumbersome to someone who doesnt handle them on a daily basis. A trained and battle hardened soldier, the ones that FH2 represents, can move around with such weapons no problem because they have experienced a lot with them.
« Last Edit: 28-10-2010, 14:10:00 by Flippy Warbear »

Offline siben

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 28-10-2010, 14:10:57 »
also, when you handle WW2 weapons for the first time in your life you treat them like they where made of pure gold and are as sensitive as a butterfly.

First time i shot my K98k i shot like 3 shots a minute. now i just shoot 20 on target in less then a minute.

Handle that MG42 for a week for about an hour a day and you wont believe how much easier is goes. (if you are strong enough that is. building the right muscle can take a bit)

I saw a Belgian Federal police special intervention member once, that was also a gun instructor, and you could not believe how fast and accurate he handles his assault rifle.
« Last Edit: 28-10-2010, 14:10:15 by siben »

Offline Josh094

• FH-Betatester
  • Oh dear.
    • View Profile
    • ProjectBarrett
« Reply #5 on: 28-10-2010, 14:10:29 »
Fair enough..

I just thought MGs should be good as a suppressive weapon. I feel with the current accuracy they have they should have a factor against them. I'm not usually into balance but I thought this could add to gameplay.

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 28-10-2010, 16:10:22 »
stationary MGs are just there to add some ambiance to the maps, or if you happen to pass one while there are enemies running in your immediate direction you can hop in and get some kills. They aren't really as effective as you describe, you get 1s1k after 5-10 sec in an MG anyway.

Only ones that are really good are the top one in APCs if placed on a smart place, and they allready have this smooth/Slow movement as you describe  ;)

Offline Josh094

• FH-Betatester
  • Oh dear.
    • View Profile
    • ProjectBarrett
« Reply #7 on: 29-10-2010, 01:10:41 »
Good good, fair enough. This thread has now served it's purpose. :)

Offline Neighbor Kid

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 29-10-2010, 18:10:23 »
stationary MGs are just there to add some ambiance to the maps, or if you happen to pass one while there are enemies running in your immediate direction you can hop in and get some kills. They aren't really as effective as you describe, you get 1s1k after 5-10 sec in an MG anyway.

Only ones that are really good are the top one in APCs if placed on a smart place, and they allready have this smooth/Slow movement as you describe  ;)

i wish that the weapons on the apcs were not in the same category as the tank turrets.. causei have my mouse sensetivity cranked up and he 50 and 42 on apcs is dam hard to control when they move to fast.  the sherman 76 with teh .50 on top is perfect its unaffected by changing mouse sensitivity levels in he land vehicle section.
http://i52.tinypic.com/245iq1l.jpg
My Day Begins When Your Days End

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 30-10-2010, 00:10:47 »
i wish that the weapons on the apcs were not in the same category as the tank turrets.. causei have my mouse sensetivity cranked up and he 50 and 42 on apcs is dam hard to control when they move to fast.  the sherman 76 with teh .50 on top is perfect its unaffected by changing mouse sensitivity levels in he land vehicle section.
Mmm, I smell a very easy solution... it has to do with mouse settings...

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 30-10-2010, 00:10:24 »
You...mouse hack?   :-\

For shame.....

Offline Cory the Otter

• Smoke me a kipper, I'll be home for breakfast.
    • View Profile
    • FA Profile
« Reply #11 on: 30-10-2010, 01:10:12 »
Disgustingly despicable, I'll never let you near a tiger!

Offline Tiberius Decimus Maximus

• Gentlemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 05-11-2010, 05:11:42 »
Fair enough..

I just thought MGs should be good as a suppressive weapon. I feel with the current accuracy they have they should have a factor against them. I'm not usually into balance but I thought this could add to gameplay.

Well it's a tad difficult (and indeed, quite wasteful of ammunition) to use a MG as a suppressive weapon in this game, due to the quite sensitive overheating bar, and the inability to quickly switch out barrels (like you can in Red Orchestra).

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 05-11-2010, 06:11:52 »
I'm curious as to how that makes the MG less useful as a suppressive weapon.  The overheat bar isn't hard to manage at all, and the inability to switch out barrels specifically makes it easier to suppress enemies...