Author Topic: surviving the AA (crete)  (Read 2879 times)

Offline timoarto

• View Profile
surviving the AA (crete)
« on: 19-04-2009, 15:04:01 »
it seems to be common to leave the Junkers filled with one person and then hope to survive the anti-aircraft, well, i have here a way to spare you from that, its quite simple, and not a bug or something, to start
1. take a Junkers 52 (the big green planes with three propellors)
2. load up on people
3. start flying, and point your nose up in 45 degrees
4. after takeoff, switch to 3d person view (f10)
5. when the water is about 3 centimeters of your screen, make the angle about 15 degrees, and fly along the non-combattant area border
6. when the sea/ land isnt visible anymore to you, you might think your safe, you arent...
7. fly inland still with the angle of 15 degrees
8. let passengers now to NOT JUMP
9. on your sign you should tell them to jump.

Offline sheikyerbouti

• Yay, Rep feature is dead
    • View Profile
Re: surviving the AA (crete)
« Reply #1 on: 23-04-2009, 03:04:04 »
 I find an effective tactic with Crete is to decide which flag to hit first and then get every German player to attack that same area.

You can land the Junkers quite easily, so if you fly low enough you can avoid AA fire and manage to put the thing down with a full crew near any flag except for Aerodrome really.

Another tactic is to take a Stuka and fly over a flag and bail out, some of the flags only require one man to capture so they make for the most appealing target of opportunity. I like to try and take the Monastery first or the Rearguard second, depending of course, on where the resistance is weakest.
 If you cap Monastery, you get lots of nice pick up kits
 If you cap Rearguard, you get pick up kits and mortars with unlimited ammunition

As a general rule I find if either of those 2 flags are quickly taken, that the game ends with a German victory
My Quebec includes Canada

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #2 on: 23-04-2009, 19:04:10 »
Always take Rearguard, fly low with your belly on the water, get up on the most right side of the map, jump out near the vineyard, now have small hike to Rearguard, outflank any Brits manning AA/mortars (hint: Gewehrgranate does wonders with mortarcrews) then cap it, take commando/sniper kit and move on to Hill 107 (or something like that?) where the British tank supply is, take your squad there, capture the base, move on to Maleme Aerodrome, mostly works as a tactic.
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline von.small

• Last of my kind
    • View Profile
    • WEARMEME
« Reply #3 on: 24-04-2009, 11:04:32 »
I'd opt for hill 107 to deny them their tanks, but you'd need both stukkas to go in and be fodder whilst landing troops behind the 107 flag. 

Of course getting anyone (outside your squad) to commit to a plan on a public server is like asking for the meaning of life. 

This happened the otehr night which was farking sweet - 3 squad leaders staying in the junkers and it circled the monastary out of flak range, it was a constant assault of airborne inf, which resulted in the allied chorus "It's raining men, hallelujah, it's raining men..." We did eventually take the monastary, it took an awful lot of troops, but it was great teamwork.
HadrianBT - Why the hell would "Germany" attack pigmy ppl??!!
Thorondor123 - I agree that people are not wearing enough hats

Offline General_Henry

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 24-04-2009, 13:04:51 »
I'd opt for hill 107 to deny them their tanks, but you'd need both stukkas to go in and be fodder whilst landing troops behind the 107 flag. 

Of course getting anyone (outside your squad) to commit to a plan on a public server is like asking for the meaning of life. 

This happened the otehr night which was farking sweet - 3 squad leaders staying in the junkers and it circled the monastary out of flak range, it was a constant assault of airborne inf, which resulted in the allied chorus "It's raining men, hallelujah, it's raining men..." We did eventually take the monastary, it took an awful lot of troops, but it was great teamwork.

i agree with you. hill 107 is important, but you needs people to defend it.

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 24-04-2009, 21:04:59 »

Hehe, I was on the defense there. We left the monastery once and it was capped soon afterwards. We returned to recap it. I must say that both teams had good teamwork there  :) And there were indeed huge waves of German infantry coming at us again and again. Intense.

Offline Hockeywarrior

• One of the superior 5-digit numbers
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 27-04-2009, 20:04:18 »

lol that's awesome I would love to see that squad leader halo jump tactic in action. It seems when ever I play everyone's running around like complete idiots.

Check out my Red Orchestra, FH2, and shooting videos!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQK9lbdAEi9mAM5iGfHoeyA