Author Topic: After 2.26 - The way foward  (Read 3137 times)

Offline Drawde

• View Profile
Re: After 2.26 - The way foward
« Reply #15 on: 22-05-2010, 19:05:38 »
A small note before you release: heavy mgs now fire standing, totally makes the game feel like battlefield heroes.

A small good thing infantry do have in 2.26 is the charge-retreat when under fire or startled, eg. If a rifleman runs into an enemy at close range.

Any way this can be maintained?

I suspect that's due to the "take cover" setting having a much higher priority than the "move" and "avoid" ones. It might be possible to integrate this into the mod AI. The standing HMGs should be easy to fix, AFAIK this is enabled by one of the Python scripts.

Hopefully in a day or two I'll release a "beta" 2.26-compatible version of the minimod. This will be missing some of the smaller tweaks + fixes in 1.2, and may have some bugs, but will be better than nothing for now (I'll be away for a week on Tuesday so it may be a couple of weeks at least for the final 2.26-compatible version to be complete)

I plan to have another look at artillery after this. There may be a way to raise the viewpoint higher than 15 without causing the spawnpoint blocking issue.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 22-05-2010, 21:05:15 »
Really glad to know. About arty, I was really referring to simply extending line of sight and hence range at which it will attack, not elevation of sight. Im just not sure arty has the same range as mortar - and effectiveness unless it fires HE only.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 24-05-2010, 11:05:56 »
Not a double-post - days later:
Will it be remotely possible to have the Stuka divehorn in for bots. I know fighters use their airbrakes (Same key as divehorn) on attack runs, though they usually use it after the attack - If this can be the same logic used to get this working, it really would make Stuka attacks epic in SP...

Again, just a treat... Not essential

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 18-06-2010, 13:06:41 »
Our group seems to be losing momentum. Could we have some update on map navmeshing, Ai or any aspect? Not neccesasy a release, but any word so we keep the project alive. Drawde, Remick04, aserafimov, Spike?

Offline Raziel

• Bullet Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 18-06-2010, 17:06:37 »
Summer is near for Europeans Djinn! Expect activity to drop a little during these days! Out in the sunshine 

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 18-06-2010, 17:06:55 »
Oops, sorry.

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 19-06-2010, 07:06:15 »
Sittin' in front of the TV, watchin' the World Cup perhaps?... :-\

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 19-06-2010, 07:06:43 »
Ok. I'm sure everyone heard the news about Remick04 becoming a dev. Congratulations, man.

Well, depending on how things go, this might actually be a good thing for us. I just hope he isnt put on radio silence about already existing maps, or we get a case of deja-vu: alot of unofficial betas and then nada

While We won't have access to yet-to-be-released maps (which might actually mean we might finally get SP at par with releases), I do hope you'll still keep the older maps coming, man. Your 1st-class beta test team is right here ;-)

Other advantage is, we might now have a way to get Drawde and Remick's work into the official build.

Please keep being a part of the people, Remick. You navmesh good.

I do hope Winterhilf is ok though. It seems he left without a trace :-(

Offline Remick04

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 21-06-2010, 03:06:14 »
Sorry, hadn't realized they announced my joining the team.... Well now that the cat's out of the bag I can explain why I've been seemingly unproductive this past month. If you haven’t guessed, it's because all the work I've been doing I've been giving directly to the devs. I haven’t been specifically told I can't give you guys anything, but I'm someone how likes big surprises and part of me wants to keep it secret so when the next official release comes out your heads will explode with excitement at all the new toys you have to play with... However, I do miss the feedback I was getting from you guys, so I may talk to them about what I can or cannot release for testing. I will say I've created about 7 or 8 new navmeshes... and that’s not counting the 3 you know about (Totalize, Cobra, and Olympus).  The most recent one is a map previously thought to be 'un-navmeshable' ;) So rest assured I'm working hard to provide you with a better official singleplayer experience.

I do plan to pass along work like Drawde's ai updates for official inclusion. I would love to see his Ai tweaks, artillery and all, in the mod. I want to try and get the experience of playing singleplayer FH2 akin to playing singleplayer COD2 and that’s not going to happen without Drawde's ai tweaks.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 21-06-2010, 07:06:02 »
Wow, now you have me on tenterhooks. Still, it will be another 6 months @ least b4 the next patch. Please don't go dark on us: they all do. We all know what every map up to PeB looks like. Please, pretty please. Anything unreleased by all means, hide. But not those :-(

Still have some work to do with the 1st three, right?

Offline Raziel

• Bullet Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 21-06-2010, 08:06:51 »
Goodjob Remick!.......mmmm....un-navmeshable......mmmm....Mareth-line for infantry?

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 21-06-2010, 12:06:11 »
...I'm someone how likes big surprises and part of me wants to keep it secret so when the next official release comes out your heads will explode with excitement at all the new toys you have to play with... However, I do miss the feedback I was getting from you guys...
Hmm...I like surprises so don't tell us too much, but on the other hand, if we don't test your maps who will?

To start with I guess we could test any existing SP maps you've remeshed, unless the devs don't want the general mob having access to your WIP files now that you've gone all official on us... ;)

After that...erm...not sure yet. As long as you keep at least one ace up your sleeve to surprise me with, I'm happy... :)

Offline Remick04

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 21-06-2010, 21:06:34 »
Well, I wouldn't say the next official release is 6 months out, but you’re right, it may be quite a while... So I'll see what I can do about getting you guys something in the mean time. I have made fixes to operation cobra and there are still things in that map I'd like to fix. But as you know the singleplayer in Fh2 is in complete disarray. I have my hands full trying to get all the maps up to snuff. So, just be patent with me. I won't forget about the community I set out to serve in the first place.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 21-06-2010, 21:06:56 »
Aaw, come here, you big lug :-)

Offline :| Hi

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 21-06-2010, 21:06:03 »
Well, I wouldn't say the next official release is 6 months out, but you’re right, it may be quite a while... So I'll see what I can do about getting you guys something in the mean time. I have made fixes to operation cobra and there are still things in that map I'd like to fix. But as you know the singleplayer in Fh2 is in complete disarray. I have my hands full trying to get all the maps up to snuff. So, just be patent with me. I won't forget about the community I set out to serve in the first place.

Any work you do is good enough, we're all happy to know we have a SP dev  ;)

[2:06:54 PM] Tolga: cant use tha shit underwater -Tolga on the G3