Western front - continuation
48 (25.3%)
Early Western front
39 (20.5%)
Other
3 (1.6%)

Total Members Voted: 183

Voting closed: 08-12-2009, 20:12:06

Author Topic: What front would you like to see next? (RESULTS)  (Read 17230 times)

Offline Paavopesusieni

• Spongebob
    • View Profile
Re: What front would you like to see next? (Greater detail)
« Reply #75 on: 10-11-2009, 16:11:37 »
Darn i voted wrong. Should have voted minor eastern front.

I will take that into consideration. And you voted for?
I voted major eastern front, accidentally.

Offline Hans Werner

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 10-11-2009, 18:11:13 »
I ´m tired of eurocentrism

And i'm tired of Americancentrism everywhere, in cinerma 90% of WW2 movies talk about Americans vs xxx in Europe or Pacific, in video game 99% of them are about Americans vs xxx... Thanks to small European cinema industry we could have few WW2 movies based on forgotten front and army, and thanks to game like FH2 we can play forgotten army and battles... All MOH and COD did their own D-Day or BoB or Market Garden or Pacific games or add-on, but play as Italian in Gariabub, well none ??? So thank you FH2... Same how many video games allow us to play French in 1940 or Finland army in 44 ??? Thanks again FH teams (remember FH1).

Seriously Pacific is already seen and reseen...  Or do forgotten Pacific fronts like China or South Asia...

Offline samnadine

• View Profile
    • Forgotten Honor
« Reply #77 on: 10-11-2009, 19:11:51 »
Hans Werner, it's called marketing. If you have to invest 10 milion dollars in a game, would you invest in Italians playing Giraburb? What does sell more, Normandy with Panthers and Americans or Chinese against Japs? You can be an expcetion, but they need to sell milions of copies.

Same happens with CoD: Modern Warfare 2, back to modern combat because that sells much more. 5 million copies sold today, only.. Or you become an independent development group which focus their effors on a specific niche, or your game is so revolutionary that you end up selling more than expected (like Roller Coaster Tycoon or Commandos)

Offline Alakazou

• FHer from the beginning
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 10-11-2009, 19:11:20 »
I remember a dev saying about the eastern front, it will take the same time to integrate it in the mod then it take for the normandy and the NA. Eastern is a bad idea for now. Continuing western front it's the best for the mod, after I will prefer to see another big front (Pacific in my case).

Offline Josh094

• FH-Betatester
  • Oh dear.
    • View Profile
    • ProjectBarrett
« Reply #79 on: 10-11-2009, 20:11:06 »
I believe COD went down hill after COD2.

LOL

Offline Yustax

• German bias forevah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 10-11-2009, 20:11:14 »
I believe COD went down hill after COD2.

LOL

Same, never liked COD after COD2. So like it began a cool game that got good multiplayer action turned into 12yr players whining, bringing more immaturity for the game. Thank god I dont play that game or even have an interest in COD MW2...will get Bad Company 2, beta comes in 19 of this month.

Offline blue

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 10-11-2009, 22:11:53 »
I ´m tired of eurocentrism

And i'm tired of Americancentrism everywhere, in cinerma 90% of WW2 movies talk about Americans vs xxx in Europe or Pacific, in video game 99% of them are about Americans vs xxx... Thanks to small European cinema industry we could have few WW2 movies based on forgotten front and army, and thanks to game like FH2 we can play forgotten army and battles... All MOH and COD did their own D-Day or BoB or Market Garden or Pacific games or add-on, but play as Italian in Gariabub, well none ??? So thank you FH2... Same how many video games allow us to play French in 1940 or Finland army in 44 ??? Thanks again FH teams (remember FH1).

Seriously Pacific is already seen and reseen...  Or do forgotten Pacific fronts like China or South Asia...

Americans mainly make films about American actions in WW2. Big surprise, Hollywood tends to make films that sell best to its primary audience. I don't see many foreign films about American actions in WW2, which is fine.

If it makes you feel any better, the vast majority of American WW2 films are utter rubbish.

On a more related note, FH is always going to be toting a difficult line. There is a genuine desire and push to put the less documented battles it seems (well gee the name is Forgotten Hope). At the same time a large percent of the player base is interested in the more generic fights. It is always going to be give and take.

Offline hslan.totaler_humbug

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • hslan
« Reply #82 on: 10-11-2009, 23:11:16 »
It is always going to be give and take.

Yeah, take them their major battles and give us the Blitzkrieg.
We need to be able, to throw Thermos out of Spotterplanes.

Offline Desertfox

• Knowledge is power, and power corupts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 10-11-2009, 23:11:26 »
I say Pacific for several reasons mainly: Variation from Europe, hopefully to improve the North American player base, change in standard FH2 fighting tactics(If minor Pacific is done), and more airplanes for all. My opinion, nothing more. 

Offline LtJimmy

• Confirmed FH2 Suggestion Thread Cynic
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 11-11-2009, 04:11:46 »
I voted for continuation of Western Front (Normandy 1944 onwards).
Market Garden ftw.

or as I once said in a similar vote to this quite a while back and was subsequently used by Donutz in his signature: "ARNHEM! ARNHEM! ARNHEM!".

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 11-11-2009, 06:11:19 »
I say Pacific for several reasons mainly: Variation from Europe, hopefully to improve the North American player base, change in standard FH2 fighting tactics(If minor Pacific is done), and more airplanes for all. My opinion, nothing more.  

Quite valid points too... My only beef with it is the development time

I don't get why everyone is so anti-American for WW2... You don't want to see America everything, tell YOUR government to make a war movie or game... Why should Americans make a British or Italian story all the time.. ANd they have once or twice, mark you

And COD actually reached its Zenith AFTER COD2... COD4, I believe it was.... And it catered for all sides - AND the Brits were technically the main actors - Americans got blown away in that one... so I don't quite get that point either..

Its called, 'we are a super power and we like war becase we think we pwn everytime we fight and we want to dramatize it'... No one like war, but if you think you are damn good at it, you'd romaticize the idea... has been the case for every empire since Rome..

imagine a game or movie made by Rome were it as powerful today as it was then,,, who will be the main actors everytime?
« Last Edit: 11-11-2009, 06:11:52 by djinn »

Offline blue

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 11-11-2009, 07:11:48 »
It is always going to be give and take.

Yeah, take them their major battles and give us the Blitzkrieg.

Hell, I really like some of the lesser done campaigns. Defending Poland in FH, Finland, etc. Those were all really awesome maps/battles. Problem is you have too many people who would rather be fighting fictional battles from Saving Private Ryan. :/

Offline K.Nassau

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 12-11-2009, 22:11:39 »

I don't get why everyone is so anti-American for WW2... You don't want to see America everything, tell YOUR government to make a war movie or game... Why should Americans make a British or Italian story all the time.. ANd they have once or twice, mark you

And COD actually reached its Zenith AFTER COD2... COD4, I believe it was.... And it catered for all sides - AND the Brits were technically the main actors - Americans got blown away in that one... so I don't quite get that point either..

Its called, 'we are a super power and we like war becase we think we pwn everytime we fight and we want to dramatize it'... No one like war, but if you think you are damn good at it, you'd romaticize the idea... has been the case for every empire since Rome..

imagine a game or movie made by Rome were it as powerful today as it was then,,, who will be the main actors everytime?

We have lots of awsome (I believe most finns concur on this one) WW2 movies in Finland, for example see the old classic Unknown soldier or Tali-Ihantala 1944. The problem is that the finnish film industry is so small and badly sponsored that those movies come approximately twice in a decade and with a pretty poor budget so we don't see those massive explosions and epic huge tank battles. So we do our best but anyone who loves WW2 doesn't consider it enough in most european countries.

Offline Hans Werner

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 13-11-2009, 15:11:40 »

We have lots of awsome (I believe most finns concur on this one) WW2 movies in Finland, for example see the old classic Unknown soldier or Tali-Ihantala 1944. The problem is that the finnish film industry is so small and badly sponsored that those movies come approximately twice in a decade and with a pretty poor budget so we don't see those massive explosions and epic huge tank battles. So we do our best but anyone who loves WW2 doesn't consider it enough in most European countries.

I saw this movie !!! And i'm French !!! But on Youtube... ::) That's what i pointing out, in fact this movie is far more historically accurate and better (Real Stug vs Real T34, it's an amazing fact for a WW2 movie) than a SPR where all the story is fictive and the Tiger is a modified T34... But the problem is that movie hasn't been commercialized all around the world just because of a lack of budget...

What people want to see in a WW2 movie ? Real and accurate battles, tanks, uniforms and story or Americans who can kill 100 enemy before dying and who can destroy a Tiger with sticky socks... (what a joke)... I'm really curious if any allied soldiers tried to destroy a Tiger only one time by this way...
At least you can see a wonderful scene in "Tali-Ihantala 1944" with Finish soldiers and Panzerfaust, an accurate and real way to try to kill enemy tanks !!!

Seriously, go also see "El Alamein - La linea del Fuoco" (Italian - 2002) or "Tobruk" (Czech - 2008) and you will see others real WW2 movies, accurates, with an high sense of realism, and not just there to make lots of $$$, in few words : real WW2 movies !!!!

« Last Edit: 13-11-2009, 15:11:14 by Hans Werner »

Offline Cory the Otter

• Smoke me a kipper, I'll be home for breakfast.
    • View Profile
    • FA Profile
« Reply #89 on: 14-11-2009, 18:11:18 »
FH2 is going to Pacific, hiiiiiii!

/screams