Author Topic: Project Reality Mod  (Read 75027 times)

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
Project Reality Mod
« on: 02-02-2010, 02:02:34 »
NOW, boys and girls. In this thread, we discuss about the new version of the PR mod.
That other thread failed miserably and if you try to spam or flame here, I will break your arms.

Ok, so, the new version of the BF2 mod Project Reality is going to be released this Friday. There's a trailer available here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TUrwljskNg&hd=1

And additional information here:
http://www.realitymod.com/

---

I, for one, enjoy playing this mod. That said, I only play it with friend/s and that's what I would suggest everyone to be honest. Anyway, feel free to discuss. And maybe we could get a small squad and hit the servers next weekend, who knows.
« Last Edit: 27-08-2012, 13:08:59 by Thorondor123 »
Let mortal heroes sing your fame

Offline G.Drew

• FH-Betatester
  • FH player since 0.65
    • View Profile
Re: Project Reality Mod v0.9
« Reply #1 on: 02-02-2010, 02:02:02 »
Likewise, also its gd that it comes with extra bf2/steam fixes + PR mumble as standard.
"Accept the challenges so that you may feel the exhilaration of victory" - Gen. George S. Patton
-you aren't allowed to have nice things.

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02-02-2010, 02:02:40 »
Looks good.

Really awesome but yeah, if you want to have loads of fun, play with atleast 2 friends.

Offline Eat Uranium

• Tea Drinker
  • Global Moderator
  • Today's news will contain [REDACTED]
    • View Profile
    • FH2 Music
« Reply #3 on: 02-02-2010, 03:02:49 »
As I said in the fail-thread:

I'd like to say that the trailer is nice, but I will not play the game because it doesn't float my boat.

Offline flyboy_fx

• rockets,rc stuff,and collecting/making ww2 models
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 02-02-2010, 03:02:59 »
facepalm. IMO you guys who do not stay on topic in a thread are the spammers...

but any way can't wait!
Don't hate the forum, hate it's users...

Offline [130.Pz]S.Lainer

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • 130th
« Reply #5 on: 02-02-2010, 03:02:17 »
The revolutionary 3rd party 3D positional VOIP software "Mumble" is now integrated into the PR installer.

Now this looks cool.  I wonder if it just installs mumble and then says fuck you enjoy or if it is actually integrated into the game so you can switch mumble servers on the fly when you join a server.
http://www.bfewaw.com/campaigns/waw24/promo/campaign/waw24banner1.png
The purpose of this deployment was to "annoy and defy the United States ... on her with Bofors 40 mm guns from a range of 650

Offline Desertfox

• Knowledge is power, and power corupts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 02-02-2010, 03:02:39 »
.9 is gonna be cool. I hope FH2 gets to a height like this someday

Offline Zrix

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 02-02-2010, 03:02:07 »
The revolutionary 3rd party 3D positional VOIP software "Mumble" is now integrated into the PR installer.

Now this looks cool.  I wonder if it just installs mumble and then says fuck you enjoy or if it is actually integrated into the game so you can switch mumble servers on the fly when you join a server.
Probably the former, as the latter would involve modifying BF2. But it's a step in the right direction.

Offline :| Hi

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 02-02-2010, 06:02:41 »
I, for one, don't exactly like the style of gameplay PR has. The one weapon I like in the mod though would have to be the rocks and the helicopters arent too bad

[2:06:54 PM] Tolga: cant use tha shit underwater -Tolga on the G3

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 02-02-2010, 07:02:14 »
Trailer had quite a lot of the impressions which I've always had about PR. Running around and pointing to distance with your gun without anything actually happening.

Trailer was still alright but I was honestly expecting more (after seeing their older ones). This didnt really stun me. I'll propably download this new version (not on release day by any chance whatsoever, later on), play it for an hour or three and then uninstall it without looking back to it. You cant say Im not giving it a fair chance, it just always fails to prove me anything that people keep foaming about. So far its been just boring.

I do give them credit for mapping work on some cases (the city maps, not the ones that are filled with nothing but vanilla BF2 trees) and the sound world is amazing.  :)

Offline Josh094

• FH-Betatester
  • Oh dear.
    • View Profile
    • ProjectBarrett
« Reply #10 on: 02-02-2010, 08:02:33 »
Hey, mele attack using butt of the weapon..
*wink wink nudge nudge*

Offline von.small

• Last of my kind
    • View Profile
    • WEARMEME
« Reply #11 on: 02-02-2010, 10:02:54 »
I liked the trailer, but as mentioned above, nothing really wow about it - I do miss flying helicopters, and watch videos of BF helicopters with a semi on.
But the mumble thing, that would acctually get me interested in TS again, I don't and won't use it because I don't give a crap about what someone can see if they are not in the same grid ref as me.

But like Josh pointed out... a MELE ATTACK! Oh how we need this! No more circling each other trying to fix bayonets waiting to see who gets the lucky stab.

(PR, they came at it from behind!)  ;D

« Last Edit: 02-02-2010, 10:02:29 by von.small »
HadrianBT - Why the hell would "Germany" attack pigmy ppl??!!
Thorondor123 - I agree that people are not wearing enough hats

Offline G.Drew

• FH-Betatester
  • FH player since 0.65
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 02-02-2010, 10:02:00 »
But the mumble thing, that would acctually get me interested in TS again, I don't and won't use it because I don't give a crap about what someone can see if they are not in the same grid ref as me.

Mumble uses localised positional audio, which is usually set at about 20m, which means you can only hear guys next to you, unless ofc people like SLs are using all chat, but thats fine (usually they have there own channel aswell).
"Accept the challenges so that you may feel the exhilaration of victory" - Gen. George S. Patton
-you aren't allowed to have nice things.

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #13 on: 02-02-2010, 10:02:34 »
I would like to install it but PR is agressive to other mods. In FH2 my auto-reload is turned off and I can't turn it back on, my crosshair is greyed out and I can't get the colour back. These tiny things annoy the fuck out of me in FH2 so I simply wont re-install the mod as long as they didn't fix that.

And yes, I like ARMA but I find PR boring.
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline Zrix

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 02-02-2010, 10:02:50 »
I would like to install it but PR is agressive to other mods. In FH2 my auto-reload is turned off and I can't turn it back on, my crosshair is greyed out and I can't get the colour back. These tiny things annoy the fuck out of me in FH2 so I simply wont re-install the mod as long as they didn't fix that.

And yes, I like ARMA but I find PR boring.
The simplest solution to that is to make a new profile for PR.