Forgotten Hope 2 > General Discussion

Effectiveness of inclined armor part 2 ?

(1/2) > >>

ahalol:
Hello all,

Can someone please inform me how FH2 treats inclined armor on tanks? For example, the T34's hull is 47mm@60°. Does the inclination helps ricocheting or is it treated as 94mm@90°?

Thank you

Leopardi:

Stubbfan:
Front armour is coded to take Angles in account

Eat Uranium:

--- Quote from: ahalol on 23-08-2019, 05:08:39 ---Hello all,

Can someone please inform me how FH2 treats inclined armor on tanks? For example, the T34's hull is 47mm@60°. Does the inclination helps ricocheting or is it treated as 94mm@90°?

Thank you

--- End quote ---
For the most part, the armour has the slop built into the thickness, so the front slope of the T-34 would be 90mm (80mm ingame currently, going up to 90mm in the next version).

Completely separate to this, shots landing at very shallow angles will deal reduced damage.  I can explain this more by request.

ahalol:

--- Quote from: Eat Uranium on 23-08-2019, 19:08:19 ---For the most part, the armour has the slop built into the thickness, so the front slope of the T-34 would be 90mm (80mm ingame currently, going up to 90mm in the next version).

Completely separate to this, shots landing at very shallow angles will deal reduced damage.  I can explain this more by request.

--- End quote ---

Thank you for the brief explanation. So the T-34 in game is coded as 80mm@60°? Given that the slope does not increase armor thickness but only reduce damage? Additionally, if I were to position my tank on a slope as seen in the situation depicted in the following picture (terrain slope should be 30° instead of 60°), I will be given an unrealistic buff. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Also, if I angle my tank so that the round is not coming straight at my hull, will the angling also be taken into consideration for a sloped amour?

Many thanks for the elaboration.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version