Author Topic: Omaha Beach 64  (Read 6223 times)

Offline Kelmola

• View Profile
Re: Omaha Beach 64
« Reply #30 on: 28-04-2014, 13:04:15 »
The key to U.S. success is to suppress the Lafettes. I've seen matches where all the snipers were picking hapless Lafette gunners as soon as the gun was manned, if the mortars, destroyers, or LC machine guns didn't get them first - such matches ended up at the last flags (though with a narrow German victory).

Then, one day even I managed to get 60+ kills on the Lafette, and the U.S. struggled to cap even one WN. Only sporadic mortar fire, no sniping, and LC gunners stopped even trying after I got a couple of them. Very little attempts to advance at the flanks or to try get under the guns - just one mad zergrush to the centre WN where nearly all German emplacements have a clear shot. BRAAAP BRAAAP

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 01-06-2014, 13:06:40 »
2.47 changelog for Omaha Beach 64

• Added 500 tickets to both teams.
  • Renamed dummy flags on the beach
  • German heavy weapons in Vierville only spawn after the three WN flags are taken.
  • Minor cosmetic fixes
  • Limited kits are now labeled "Limited"

Offline Hockeywarrior

• One of the superior 5-digit numbers
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 09-06-2014, 01:06:14 »
2.47 changelog for Omaha Beach 64

• Added 500 tickets to both teams.
  • Renamed dummy flags on the beach
  • German heavy weapons in Vierville only spawn after the three WN flags are taken.
  • Minor cosmetic fixes
  • Limited kits are now labeled "Limited"
From what I've experienced in my recent Omaha matches post-patch, I think that it's still heavily unbalanced -- even for a good US team. The US needs more tickets added (don't add any for the Germans).

Furthermore, I think that some or all of the WN points should lock once they've been captured by the US. Or, as a compromise, have one of the WN nest capzones lock if two of them have been captured.

Today we had an excellent US team with good coorindation, plenty of arty spots, and decent ship gunners. We managed to cap 2 WN nests but no more -- the germans back capped WN3 while the entire US team was focused on WN1 and 2.

Check out my Red Orchestra, FH2, and shooting videos!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQK9lbdAEi9mAM5iGfHoeyA

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 09-06-2014, 12:06:45 »
Everyone's experience is different :) In 2.47 I have seen:

- easy wins for US
- close losses for US
- easy wins for Germans

So I'd say it's all in the game and no more tickets are needed.

Offline Surfbird

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 09-06-2014, 13:06:13 »
Experienced those too. But most of the time Allies make the beach phase at least, so that's very nice. It's up to them to be aggressive enough to take the town then. Saw some great German defense at the town and also US taking it. In my opinion this all looks very good right now.

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 10-06-2014, 21:06:12 »
Just had my first real experience on the new Omaha and I think the ticket addition is perfect :)

We had a very good US team and we managed to win the map by capping them out with about 600 tickets left on our side. It was a convincing victory for a team that had dominated the past 4-5 rounds.

The ticket addition makes it so it's more about what team is better and more coordinated. If the US can't cap the WNs and the rest of the town in 1500 tickets, its because they aren't coordinated enough imo.

The ticket addition was perfect and I think the map is very balanced now. More play testing will show it but I think it's working well. :)

(snip)

Also @TS what was the thinking behind the addition of the rifle grenades for the German kits? I haven't had a problem with it yet but I also thought the German kit layout was fine in the first version and that they didn't need more of an advantage.     

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 10-06-2014, 21:06:07 »
The limited riflenade kit was always there IIRC. I thought it would be fun to try and hit the boats with it.

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 10-06-2014, 23:06:35 »
The limited riflenade kit was always there IIRC. I thought it would be fun to try and hit the boats with it.

Oh it's limited? ok good :) it doesn't say so on the menu.

It's not like hugely overpowering but I thought if every riflemen had it, it would become a bit much. 

Offline Hockeywarrior

• One of the superior 5-digit numbers
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 13-06-2014, 09:06:05 »
I'm simply not seeing the results that you guys are. In ALL of the many rounds I've played, the US was only able to cap 2 of the beach objectives. I still have no clue what the town looks like.

It still seems to me like the US needs more tickets, especially since it can be a bitch to cap the last beach objective when the entire German team is spawning there (sometimes 50+ players).

Check out my Red Orchestra, FH2, and shooting videos!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQK9lbdAEi9mAM5iGfHoeyA

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 13-06-2014, 10:06:33 »
it can be a bitch to cap the last beach objective when the entire German team is spawning there (sometimes 50+ players).
Yes, that can be hard indeed. Surrounding the last flag by SLs usually does the trick. Some smoke and ship arty helps a lot, too.

Offline Berkolok

• Desert maps sucks
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 02-07-2014, 11:07:55 »
at both of nest if you fire mortar like this(full lay down) you blow up

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 02-07-2014, 11:07:41 »
If you rotate paks in the bunkers so they shoot on the walls, you will blow up as well. What's the point of firing like that? Do you need to lay mortart that much to hit any targets on the beach?

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 02-05-2015, 17:05:12 »
We noticed that the Allies actually win a majority of rounds now on this map, so we are thinking about decreasing the tickets slightly. Any thoughts on this? It would mean the attackers have less time to cap all flags.

Offline Ivancic1941

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 02-05-2015, 20:05:21 »
I like it like this,Germans are on clifs with around 10 MG42 and lot of other weapon so if American wins a lot that is because of they knowledge about map.
Floppy Wardisc or Floppy Wierdbear

Offline Nerdsturm

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 06-05-2015, 06:05:43 »
I feel like assault maps should generally be balanced to slightly favor the attacking team. This is just because if they do much better than the defense then they cap everything, moving the server along to a new map at no real loss. In the opposite case the round gets bogged down on the first few points and the map takes forever to finish even though it becomes clear half way through there's no way the attackers will win.

This happens a lot on certain maps. Port en Bessin, Supercharge and Tunis barely ever see combat at their last flags, and would be interesting to actually see action there now and then.