Author Topic: Singleplayer in Forgotten Hope 2.46 - 2.48  (Read 26448 times)

Offline gavrant

• (Almost) retired dev
  • Developer
    • View Profile
Singleplayer in Forgotten Hope 2.46 - 2.48
« on: 09-04-2014, 08:04:34 »
Here's a summary of what awaits you, singleplayer fans, in Forgotten Hope 2.46.

First and foremost, FH 2.46 will incorporate all fixes and improvements from the semi-official singleplayer patches for 2.45 (the Singleplayer 2.45 hot fix (Patch A), Patch B and Patch C).

Changes in 2.46

Upgraded maps from the 2.45 patches
  • Alam Halfa - 64 and 16.
  • Bardia - 64 and 16.
  • Battle of Brest - 64.
  • Battle of Keren - 64 and 32.
  • Eppeldorf - 64 and 32.
  • Fall of Tobruk - 64.
  • Meuse River - 64.
  • Operation Cobra - 64.
  • Operation Hyacinth - 64.
  • Operation Luttich - 64 and 16.
  • Ramelle-Neuville - 64.
  • The Battle for Sfakia - 64.
  • Tunis - 64.
Every map above got face-lifting upgrades eliminating bugs and improving gameplay balance.

Newly rebuilt maps
  • Gold Beach - 64.
  • Pointe du Hoc - 64 and 32. PdH 64 includes the guns as objectives, the American team needs to destroy them to win.
  • Port en Bessin - 64.
  • Purple Heart Lane - 64.
  • Siege of Giarabub - 64 and 32.

Miscellaneous stuff
  • Bots learned to understand new commorose commands - Get in, Bail out, Follow me, requests for pickup and repairs. The first two of those commands, Get in and Bail out, work perfectly, the rest - with somewhat limited success, seemingly dependent on the bots' mood.
  • Introduced kit limiting to singleplayer. No more hordes of NCOs and AT riflemen running around. So far, since it requires individual tweaking for each map, kit limiting works only on the rebuilt maps listed above. Human players are limited in only one way - to select NCO kits, they have to be squad leaders or commanders.
  • Deployable guns from pickup kits - bots now almost instantly die on entering a gun deployed by a human player. This is done to prevent crashes to desktop when the human enters an occupied gun.
  • Tons and tons of various weapon and vehicle tweaks and fixes. To name a few:
    • Bots became less clinging to unarmed transports and unarmed passenger seats in vehicles.
    • Fixed bots not firing secondary MGs in multiple vehicles (the rear MG on the SdKfz 251 and some airplanes, the hull MGs on tanks, and so on).
    • DJ Barney, for you: better handling of the spotlights on Hyacinth and Keren 32.
  • New default settings - 63 bots with 80% skill.
  • Fixed all remaining in-game map list issues - missing load screen pictures, missing or obsolete singleplayer layers.
  • Expanded and improved list of AI bot names.

Changes in 2.47
  • Omaha Beach: got brand new singleplayer and coop.
  • Gold Beach: ported some multiplayer tweaks (added the Stuart Recce and commander artillery for the British, the MP34 replaced the MP40 in the German assault kit) + polishing gameplay tweak.
  • Villers Bocage: an attempt to fix CTDs. Please test this map. If these changes prove to be a remedy, we'll port them to other unstable maps too.
  • Fixed vehicle passengers not shooting at enemies.
  • Decreased mortars' accuracy in the hands of AI by ~25-30%.

Changes in 2.48

Maps
  • Lebisey - 64: brand new navmeshing by Ballard, rebuilt gameplay. Yes, that brings the Tiger back, but only as a reinforcement at the end.
  • St Vith - 64: rebuilt gameplay. Warning: the map is not particularly friendly to vehicles in the AI hands.
  • Villers Bocage - 64: new navmeshing by Ballard, rebuilt gameplay, still largely Work in progress, but it's better than nothing. At least, I haven't  seen CTDs on it yet.
  • Some previously rebuilt maps got rather minor improvements too.

Overall gameplay changes
  • AI commander now issues correct defend orders if there is nothing to attack for the team. This affects both the start of a round (helps to bring vehicles to the front from the first minutes), and the last minutes when one of the teams holds all flags.
  • Introduced new "AI push mode" on 18 maps to prevent sneaky humans from capturing rear flags (as reported by jrivett).
  • ESAI removed from FH2. It brought little actual improvements in AI behavior, but created some issues. At the time of ESAI removal, a half of the maps did not use it anyway.
  • Supposedly fixed crashes on Coop servers when a player tries to repair a wrecked emplacement (as reported by Plattfuss).
  • Fixed bots not reloading the 20mm guns (primarily on the Pz II) at the cost of human players not being able to manually reload half-empty mags on the static MGs, AA guns, Pz II and Marmon-Herrington now.
  • Major overhaul of all ground and handheld weapons. It fixed infantry failing to switch to a more suitable gun, tanks using only coaxial MGs against infantry (now they also occasionally fire HE shells), and a lot of other, less noticeable issues.
  • For a bunch of vehicles fixed or improved their handling by bots. For example, fixed bots not turning the turret of the M3 Grant, Lee, and M8 Greyhound.
« Last Edit: 29-07-2014, 16:07:51 by gavrant »

Offline Roughbeak

• Science of Hooting, PhD
  • Developer
    • View Profile
Re: What's new in Singleplayer 2.46
« Reply #1 on: 09-04-2014, 19:04:24 »
Thanks Gavrant, these changes will be great for those singleplayer minded.

The one that most made my day "bot's mood". ;D

Offline nysä

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10-04-2014, 20:04:27 »
« Last Edit: 02-03-2019, 08:03:33 by nysä »

Offline gavrant

• (Almost) retired dev
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11-04-2014, 11:04:55 »
Guys, few points to make our after-2.46 plans clear:
  • There won't be semi-official singleplayer patches no more. Instead, we'll push singleplayer updates via the official FH2 launcher (at slightly faster pace than once in a year, I hope :P).
  • Feel free to post bug reports and feedback for the so-called rebuilt maps listed in the first post here, we'll try to fix or implement them ASAP.
  • As for the rest of the maps, currently there are 5 maps in our short-term to-do list - Omaha Beach (obviously), Crete, Gazala, Falaise Pocket and Operation Cobra (face lift). But you can cast a vote, so to speak, for any other map to get some love after those 5 maps. Nysä and Roughbeak, this a reply to your requests :)

Offline Plattfuss

• Admin / Clanleader
    • View Profile
    • Panzerdivision Frundsberg
Re: Singleplayer in Forgotten Hope 2.46
« Reply #4 on: 12-04-2014, 08:04:03 »
It would be nice if we have SP/COOP on Omaha Beach!

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 12-04-2014, 08:04:29 »
Naturally. But this map was completed merely days before release so this could not be done in time.
I believe it was mentioned in another 2.46 thread that this along with adjusted tickets for multiplayer will be a priority.

Offline Skr13

• View Profile
    • VideoCardz
« Reply #6 on: 12-04-2014, 10:04:08 »
As a SP player of FH2, I'm glad that you guys are working to improve bots behaviour, skill, etc, across the available maps.

Thanks  ;)

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 12-04-2014, 20:04:12 »
With the new launcher, updates no matter how small they are can be made frequent. So you won't need to wait until FH 2.5 to play Omaha, I suppose.

Offline Sparks

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 13-04-2014, 03:04:53 »
I played a few of new SP maps yesterday, its been a few years since I last had the opportunity to do that, I was impressed how the bots play now. Good job to all the people who have had some input into making this an enjoyable game.

Offline Darman

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 13-04-2014, 19:04:31 »
Amazing new stuff.

Just finished a COOP round with a friend on PdH 64. It is just freaking awesome with that gun objectives in the end and AI actually attacking it! Never saw that before in BF, the possibilities of this are just mindblowing. Keep up that work on this, looking forward to more objective stuff in coop!

Gold Beach is also great. Can't wait for Omaha to be released.

Sidi Bou Zid is still a bit laggy but maybe I'm really the only one with that problem.

And when I noticed the new commrose and that the get in/out commands actually work - I was like dancing in my room because of happiness. I have no idea how that works now, I spent days on trying to fix that issue myself over the last years but without any success. I think I even opened a thread on this a while ago.

Question: Is that new German motorbike placed on any of the maps? I looked it up on the wiki but can't find it on the regarded maps in coop mode.
« Last Edit: 13-04-2014, 19:04:58 by Darman »

Offline Stubbfan

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 13-04-2014, 20:04:13 »
Hi. Bmw is not yet on any SP maps. It's currently only placed on Mount olympus and Sidi rezegh 64 conquest gamemodes.

Offline Barryman

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 13-04-2014, 22:04:41 »
Love the update! The SP gameplay seems so much improved, Gold Beach just feels like real. Explosions everywhere, bunkers firing with MGs from all directions. Heavy guns and mortars pounding the whole area, its great!

Offline ksl94

• British Imperialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 14-04-2014, 19:04:30 »
Mighty hell! That is absolutely marvelous! I truly cannot wait to try this out for myself. Thank you do very much for all of your hard work. Your efforts were worth it  :D !

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 15-04-2014, 08:04:01 »
So far, I only managed to CTD on Sidi Bou Zid.

Happened right after I put down my binocular. Dunno what triggers it though, might try it again in the future.

Offline nysä

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 15-04-2014, 21:04:27 »
Question: the bots no longer shoot while they're riding on the tank - has this been disabled in the 2.46?