Forgotten Hope 2 > General Discussion

Countdown????? mainpage

<< < (9/9)

Zrix:

--- Quote from: Danger X on 04-04-2009, 01:04:30 ---will just make the mod more realist than fun.
--- End quote ---
To you yes. Some people think that realism is the fun part.

Not saying that FH2 with ultra realism would work out nicely, but you can't say it will be bad just because it's not what you like.

508th PIR Hawkeye:

--- Quote from: Danger X on 04-04-2009, 01:04:30 ---About the whole PR meets FH2: As an april fools joke, cool. But does anyone truly want elements of PR in FH2? Perhaps some things might work, but many things (the absent minimap for infantry, among others) will just make the mod more realist than fun. And that is what FH (1 and 2) has always been for me. A fun mod with historical accuracy.

Don't let realism stand in the way of a good game.

Cheers

--- End quote ---

Well not a change for the whole mod then but I was thinking more in the mini-mod direction. Just like all the community factions in PR, the FH team has alll the statics we need and the PR team has tweaked the engine.

Fuchs:
As said in another thread which I think is the darn truth, PR has realism that fits their game and FH2 has realism that fits their game.
Fin.

508th PIR Hawkeye:

--- Quote from: Fuchs on 04-04-2009, 11:04:36 ---As said in another thread which I think is the darn truth, PR has realism that fits their game and FH2 has realism that fits their game.
Fin.

--- End quote ---

I still would like to see how the combination works out

Danger X:

--- Quote from: Fuchs on 04-04-2009, 11:04:36 ---As said in another thread which I think is the darn truth, PR has realism that fits their game and FH2 has realism that fits their game.
Fin.

--- End quote ---

I totally agree. Having next to to no HUD would really make it more difficult for new players to jump into the action. There is already a manual, and it would only become larger, barring anyone who doesn't like reading long manuals. Which WOULD be a shame. Same goes for things like, let's say, no spawn at squad leader, although a suitable replacement must be possible.

I said it before, and I will say it again, only in other words :P : Realism is good, but too much and it will be more like work, than like playing games. At least for a lot of players.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version