Poll

How do you get along with the removed cross hairs?

I use hardware aid to replace it.
0 (0%)
I use software tool/settigns to replace it.
0 (0%)
I did nothing because I know exactly and without aids where the center of my monitor is ingame.
29 (50.9%)
I did nothing and my hit rate deteriorated at first.
12 (21.1%)
Else: explained your post.
16 (28.1%)

Total Members Voted: 57

Voting closed: 23-02-2012, 20:02:24

Author Topic: How do you get along with the removed cross hairs?  (Read 2488 times)

Offline Wakain

• Why no Italian bias?
    • View Profile
Re: How do you get along with the removed cross hairs?
« Reply #30 on: 11-02-2012, 14:02:03 »
personally, I always found the vbf2 crosshairs fh2's biggest flaw so I removed them manually using transparancy in the options menu. As such, I didn't notice they were removed with the last patch

so option 3 for me, I prefer no crosshairs, though I understand people may find the use of riflegrenades tricky at first

Offline hitm4k3r

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 11-02-2012, 15:02:32 »
I've chosen "Else". I have to say, that my accuracy has become much better in the last few months since the release of 2.4. Better than in the times of 2.3, but this increasing accuracy is caused by better experience I think. I played 2.3 for only half a year or something like this online, before 2.4 came out. But to remove the cross hair was a big step forward for the overal gameplay. CCQ rifle fights are still ridiciolous fast and in my experience the rifle is still superior to the SMG also in CCQ. To land these needed shots with the SMG simply takes too much time, if you engage one of the better riflemans. What most people forget is the fact, that aiming down the sigths costs time. So there is a problem, when you have to aim down the sigths in a situation, when every second counts. And to be honest FH2 is one of the most extreme games, when it comes to reaction. You can compare it quiet good with Counter-Strike or CoD concerning this point. You get around a corner and simply "Snap" the people. I just played some BC2 and the reaction times there are much slower for example. Same goes for vBF2.

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 11-02-2012, 16:02:07 »
CCQ rifle fights are still ridiciolous fast and in my experience the rifle is still superior to the SMG also in CCQ. To land these needed shots with the SMG simply takes too much time, if you engage one of the better riflemans. What most people forget is the fact, that aiming down the sigths costs time. So there is a problem, when you have to aim down the sigths in a situation, when every second counts.
In CQC I never aim down the sights with an SMG, I simply pump as much lead in my opponent as possible. Works quite well, I must say :)

Offline ajappat

• "Cheater"
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 11-02-2012, 16:02:46 »
personally, I always found the vbf2 crosshairs fh2's biggest flaw so I removed them manually using transparancy in the options menu. As such, I didn't notice they were removed with the last patch

so option 3 for me, I prefer no crosshairs, though I understand people may find the use of riflegrenades tricky at first
Riflegrenade still has sort of "crosshair".

Offline hitm4k3r

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 11-02-2012, 17:02:19 »
CCQ rifle fights are still ridiciolous fast and in my experience the rifle is still superior to the SMG also in CCQ. To land these needed shots with the SMG simply takes too much time, if you engage one of the better riflemans. What most people forget is the fact, that aiming down the sigths costs time. So there is a problem, when you have to aim down the sigths in a situation, when every second counts.
In CQC I never aim down the sights with an SMG, I simply pump as much lead in my opponent as possible. Works quite well, I must say :)
That's the point. With the cross hairs shootig somebody in CQC with the rifle was even easier than now, although the enemy was using an SMG , what should lead to an advantage in theory. This was caused by the fact, that you didn't have to aim with the rifle in CQC - so you could save some valuable time. Now the balance between these weapons is better, but the rifle is still superior due to a proper suppression effetc atm.

Offline Tankbuster

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 11-02-2012, 17:02:16 »
And not to mention the fact that it forces people to use ironsights instead of the cowboy 3rd person rifle animation.

Offline Darman

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 11-02-2012, 17:02:37 »
Sorry I forgot: Leave everything like is is in 2.4! Rifles - only hit indicator, Rifle grenades - rough crosshair+indicator.

Offline Oberst Topgun

• FH-Betatester
  • been here from scratch
    • View Profile
    • www.fragthe.net
« Reply #37 on: 15-02-2012, 19:02:32 »
nothing has changed for me, since i always turned them off before.

im glad everyone can enjoy the game now without them :)

Offline CHRISTIEFRONTDRIVE

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 15-02-2012, 22:02:56 »
I am in favor of anything that makes FH harder to master that will not turn away a meaningful number of new players. Rifle grenades are plenty deadly enough already to my mind without forgoing the need to practice aiming them (as you do with all other weapons in every game ever), and I can't see a new player spending a day of FH and then deciding it's not for him because the riflenades haven't got crosshairs.
Quote from: TASSER1
you suck. noone likes you. and your mother isn't pretty

Quote from: Eightball1182
Andrew.Drunk.Drive...I love u man. You get it...u get it 100%. Stay cool Canada brother.

Offline Wakain

• Why no Italian bias?
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 15-02-2012, 22:02:02 »
You can compare it quiet good with Counter-Strike or CoD concerning this point. You get around a corner and simply "Snap" the people. I just played some BC2 and the reaction times there are much slower for example. Same goes for vBF2.
I noticed too that fh2 is an almost unique experience in terms of quick reaction and accuracy. When I started fh2 in the early days of 2.0, it took a lot of time for me to get used to the then ridiculously small iron sights and often extremely long-distance firefights (afrika remember), so that when I got back to vbf2 and even cod4 my accuracy was just mind-boggling to regular players. It seemed to me that I had all the time of the world to pick headshots, also the respective heads seemed huge ;). It's a shame I lost this perk somewhere down the track nowadays

Offline General_Henry

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 16-02-2012, 00:02:42 »
You can compare it quiet good with Counter-Strike or CoD concerning this point. You get around a corner and simply "Snap" the people. I just played some BC2 and the reaction times there are much slower for example. Same goes for vBF2.
I noticed too that fh2 is an almost unique experience in terms of quick reaction and accuracy. When I started fh2 in the early days of 2.0, it took a lot of time for me to get used to the then ridiculously small iron sights and often extremely long-distance firefights (afrika remember), so that when I got back to vbf2 and even cod4 my accuracy was just mind-boggling to regular players. It seemed to me that I had all the time of the world to pick headshots, also the respective heads seemed huge ;). It's a shame I lost this perk somewhere down the track nowadays

Yeah if you play well in FH2 you can shoot very well in most shooters, often with scary accuracy. But sometimes bad habits such as firing one bullet (using rifles) a time can haunt you. It hits, but does not kill.

Offline PanzerKnacker

• Tommyjäger
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 16-02-2012, 00:02:11 »

Yeah if you play well in FH2 you can shoot very well in most shooters, often with scary accuracy. But sometimes bad habits such as firing one bullet (using rifles) a time can haunt you. It hits, but does not kill.

Cost me many lives that way in BF3, I'm ruining Bffan's score because there's no 1shot1kill
He was not wrong. Amateurs talk tactics, pros talk logistics.

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 16-02-2012, 01:02:05 »
At first I was worried, but then I got used to it.
I do a big share of shots without ironsight at close and mid range. Just to get the time bonus and thus to get the first shot while I hope for my enemy to use the ironsight.
As I do not play that frequently currently, I need a couple of shots on close distance until I memorized where to aim at without the crosshair.
So in the end I really like it without the crosshair.

Cost me many lives that way in BF3, I'm ruining Bffan's score because there's no 1shot1kill

That is the real problem. I kill 4 people with 5 bullets in FH2, while in need 3 magazines a 30 bullets in an average FPS game to kill two people. And on top of that I cannot prevent myself from getting seriously hurt while exchanging those hundrets of bullets with my enemy. Feels like shooting cotton wool instead of bullets.
« Last Edit: 16-02-2012, 01:02:34 by Dukat »

I usually imagine my own sounds with it, like `tjunk, tupdieyupdiedee` aaa enemy spotted, ratatatataboom

Offline General_Henry

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 16-02-2012, 01:02:33 »
I guess this habit comes from you don't usually fire a few more bullet to "make sure" your enemies are dead. As a result, we are happy with one bullet...

Offline Tankbuster

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 16-02-2012, 07:02:47 »
Who needs to waste another bullet when you can check the top left corner of the screen.