Author Topic: NCO/Officer Kits  (Read 3941 times)

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
Re: NCO/Officer Kits
« Reply #15 on: 20-08-2011, 22:08:17 »
I wonder why italian NCO actually has grenades  ???. I like it, but why don't everyone else have?
Balance reasons. You are more likely to kill yourself with the Italian bombs ;)
Let mortal heroes sing your fame

Offline ajappat

• "Cheater"
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 20-08-2011, 22:08:22 »
But those are the best grenades in game imo. Long throwing distance and enemy has no chance to avoid being hit. Rather small explosion but big enough to kill/wound everyone in tightly packed squad.  ::)

Offline Hjaldrgud

• BF2 Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 21-08-2011, 02:08:26 »
(my) ideal German NCO face:

(The german sniper from enemy at the gates.)

Dat British NCO

I love seeing a british towelhead on africa maps through my K98ZF... It is the target highest on my priority!

"Generous and brave men live the best" -Hávamál

Offline sheikyerbouti

• Yay, Rep feature is dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 21-08-2011, 03:08:09 »
 Michael Caine is far more handsome than that godawful moustache'd NCO.

Btw, Raghead/towelhead can be taken as very offensive by some visitor's to this forum, so perhaps avoid racist comments when making public posts.

I vote for hot pink!

I vote for Kevino's sexy mug !!!   and Mudra's best Furried-Wehrmacht impression for the Axis.
My Quebec includes Canada

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 21-08-2011, 12:08:39 »
Michael Caine is far more handsome than that godawful moustache'd NCO.

On the other hand Cpt. Price is far more badass than any British actor... Who else can take a gazillion bullets and still run around like nothing happened...
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 22-08-2011, 15:08:01 »
maybe, based on real life? Not sure. But they are the only NCO kit that have them, so it will be rather random if that wasn't the case. maybe, Mudra or someone like that can explain.

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 22-08-2011, 15:08:32 »
The problem with the coloured smoke-nades could be covered by the attack/defend marker. We'd jsut have to make the smoke more visible for the own team. Is that possible Natty?
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline Ciupita

• Gay Lord
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 22-08-2011, 15:08:57 »
Everyone forgot the fact that the NCO is also the only infantry unit who radios over, and since you MUST be NCO to use it, unless you pick it up, you get to use the full Tactical Commo-Rose, with ability to request commander arty, supplies and issue move orders.

This does bring out the inherent fact that, IMO, the distinction isn't clear enough... But as we aren't suggesting here, I push this to a more appropriate thread.  But that does come out.

Oh, and didn't you notice - Its not just different faces.

German NCO has a different face... slightly pudgier
British... Have the old guy face with the Victorian  moustache.
Americans... get the face of the Lee Marvin from the Dirty Dozen.

Americans already have Lee Marvin.

Offline Butcher

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 22-08-2011, 15:08:44 »
for the british nco i would prefer sean connery :P

im going to hijack this thread to ask whether we could have more distinguishable soldier skins, not just new NCOs. this would look cool with panzerfausts on the germans back. and especially pioneers/engineers are carrying mines in NA or satchel charges/ Ladung. it would look cooler if this class was at least packed a bit more.

also the faces atm look a bit "derp".
« Last Edit: 22-08-2011, 15:08:16 by Butcher »
He got banned for our sins. He was not the member FH forums deserved, he was the member we needed.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 22-08-2011, 15:08:49 »
We already have those. Germans don't sure. But Americans have three now, Brits have 3, have had since North Africa. Italians are the ones lacking.

And personally, I dont thin Sean Connery, imo, has the classic NCO face. It will be quaint, but I want a Brit squad leader who seems to look the part. I have my gripes about the current, but it works.

Offline Butcher

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 22-08-2011, 16:08:22 »
i know they are different atm, but my point was more distinguishable skins.

as for sean connery - it is personal preference. but i think he has this epic beard and it would be a funny easter egg to have a small resemblance of him (also  because he is known for "a bridge too far"). he has this expression of authority in his face :P
He got banned for our sins. He was not the member FH forums deserved, he was the member we needed.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 22-08-2011, 16:08:43 »
Everyone forgot the fact that the NCO is also the only infantry unit who radios over, and since you MUST be NCO to use it, unless you pick it up, you get to use the full Tactical Commo-Rose, with ability to request commander arty, supplies and issue move orders.

This does bring out the inherent fact that, IMO, the distinction isn't clear enough... But as we aren't suggesting here, I push this to a more appropriate thread.  But that does come out.

Sheer artistic genius how well his face is imitated here. I am just staring at the details... its amazing! Even more so than Michael Cain.

So Americans have one, Brits have one... We needs a German face... Italian too, but I dont know who it could be.

Offline 16floz470ml

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 22-08-2011, 21:08:40 »
As for Michael Caine, you will have a whole new appreciation for him if you watch the movie Play Dirty.  The ending is just like FH2.  I will take him any day over Connery in A Bridge Too Far.     

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 22-08-2011, 23:08:14 »
As for Michael Caine, you will have a whole new appreciation for him if you watch the movie Play Dirty.  The ending is just like FH2.  I will take him any day over Connery in A Bridge Too Far.     

lol http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0063443/news#ni9116283

funny reading  ;D

Offline th_battleaxe

• Bon Vivant
  • Bit of a Révolutionnaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 26-08-2011, 13:08:29 »

Sheer artistic genius how well his face is imitated here. I am just staring at the details... its amazing! Even more so than Michael Cain.

So Americans have one, Brits have one... We needs a German face... Italian too, but I dont know who it could be.
for the germans: colonel von strohm
forthe italians : captain Bertorelli (with Heila Mussolini sound)
J'aime l'oignon, frît à l'huile
J'aime l'oignon car il est bon
J'aime l'oignon, frît à l'huile
J'aime l'oignon, j'aime l'oignon