Author Topic: AWARDS  (Read 22234 times)

Offline 16floz470ml

• View Profile
Re: AWARDS
« Reply #195 on: 20-08-2011, 02:08:19 »
I think that 762 is a great server to play on.  I have never had any problems.  I don't care about awards that much.  It is nice to see your stats I must admit.  However, with their refusal to use the real ranking system, 762 would not be my first choice to play on.  It is just not cool to put pure in your server name when it is not.  Not to mention the whole dividing the community thing.   

Offline General_Henry

• View Profile
« Reply #196 on: 20-08-2011, 05:08:37 »
It is really impossible to make a sensible argument with you.

I am not the best players but I am really experienced in Forgotten Hope - I am here since 0.7. I know when a player would join a server and when one would leave, I know what exploit you'll use and where you'll sneak from in whatever map - likely to be much better than you are.

If you just try following my suggestions it never hurts - just try. You never know what the effect (sometimes it is really hard to see) is going to be without trying (in the proper way).
« Last Edit: 20-08-2011, 05:08:42 by General_Henry »

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: 20-08-2011, 08:08:51 »
So if you guys can start to give strong arguments, instead of things you read from officials or moderators, that were really strong arguments (again: "stubborn", "useless", "false bling bling"), I maybe could follow you. But atm I don't have a clue, why their server and ranking system is better or worse, than the official one/servers that support official ranking. To say, that it is the way as it is, isn't an argument, it is thesis, that have to be well documented with pros and cons and not only with "this is shit and this is shit" nor by insulting other peoples hard work nor by empty suspicions. Do you see a 762 guy insulting the work of the Devs in this forum? The answer is no. So now start to think a littlebit, but please not too much, it might could hurt. ;D

Holy crap I got stupider reading that...

Now you seem like a very close minded guy, so I'm in no position to expand your mind, and to be honest I don't have the time or energy to hold your hand and step by step show you where you're going wrong in understanding other peoples' arguments. (it seems near impossible after 14 or so pages of pretty clear and sensible posts that you don't seem to comprehend what people are saying).

But I will say that you should probably take a step back, re-read this thread, and realize that there is more than one person arguing against you... and they're all saying pretty much the same thing... So what's the likelihood that the multiple people making the same basic argument are all wrong, and you're right? (and ik you're not so good with comprehension so I'll let you know that yes... this is a rhetorical question)

Also... sarcasm is not your strong suit, and it's even more painful to read when the grammar is butchered

@the topic: I'd have to agree with the majority of you in saying that the pros of 762 joining the official ranking system outweigh the cons. I wish there was a way to make it happen but 'c'est la vie,' I can only hope that their decision doesn't ruin this great mod's player base.

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: 20-08-2011, 10:08:56 »
Do you see a 762 guy insulting the work of the Devs in this forum? The answer is no.
No, I see the 762 people using the work of the devs for their own purposes, most like without a permission.

Dun-dun-duuun
Let mortal heroes sing your fame

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: 20-08-2011, 11:08:43 »
Its not that people like other servers because of 'trikets' but because the official award system is PART of the game package. What 762 have done is removed that aspect. Play on OUR servers and you can play the cracked version... Very disrespectful, and so-o, as a FAN of FH2, to honor the work the devs did, and specifically the effort they put into the Awards system all those years to get to be now, I would ADVICE against playing on 762.

Doesn't matter if there is more teamplay there, more noobs/ smacktards - As that is opinion only, its neither here nor there. Whatr DOES matter is enjoying the full game as it was intended by its creators, and honoring them by NOT patronizing a server that steals their stuff and doesn;t care to stop.

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
« Reply #200 on: 20-08-2011, 11:08:58 »
Read my post #161, then you get it and you may understand, why they don't change their ranking system. It is not just for FH2.

Maybe you should take a look at their website to see the problem:    http://www.762-ranking.de/
There's 4 mods listed, and I'd be surprised if anyone was still playing OPK or POE.

...But you have to give me a reason, why 762 should remove their ranking?
Simple, because it's unofficial.

...Do you see a 762 guy insulting the work of the Devs in this forum?...
Mate, they're insulting the FH devs by not adopting the official system.

5hitm4k3r, you certainly make a lot of noise for someone who claims not to care... ;D

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: 20-08-2011, 11:08:12 »
I'd say there's a quite simple solution to this... 762 can keep their stats system if they remove the "RANKED" and "PURE" tags from their server name, and add something like "unofficial ranking"... It's not the prettiest solution I know but at least newcomers will have better chances of realizing which servers run official and which run unofficial version of the awards.

That way the 762 guys can keep their old "bling bling" and the newcomers will be less confused about this situation.
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: 20-08-2011, 11:08:55 »
I'd say there's a quite simple solution to this... 762 can keep their stats system if they remove the "RANKED" and "PURE" tags from their server name, and add something like "unofficial ranking"... It's not the prettiest solution I know but at least newcomers will have better chances of realizing which servers run official and which run unofficial version of the awards.

That way the 762 guys can keep their old "bling bling" and the newcomers will be less confused about this situation.

Ah,  but this is it, isn't it. Its not THEIR bling bling. The whole thing is a stolen hacked version of the FH2 ranking that came out well before the Devs had completed it (I think it was in the Server files), and because of this, it benefited from feedback of players etc, to become what some believe to be a better stats system (Personally, I disagree. It should take more work to earn an award but whatever)..

So I don't think the solution is just moving on and branding it differently. its like a movie company allowing a guy who sells bootleg movies from a truck outside thier studio to continue to do so, just changing the titles of the movies.

Offline Neo82

• View Profile
    • www.762-ranking.de
« Reply #203 on: 20-08-2011, 12:08:36 »
...but this is it, isn't it. Its not THEIR bling bling. The whole thing is a stolen hacked version of the FH2 ranking that came out well before the Devs had completed it (I think it was in the Server files), ...

Just a dangerous half knowledge ...

Offline General_Henry

• View Profile
« Reply #204 on: 20-08-2011, 13:08:56 »
...but this is it, isn't it. Its not THEIR bling bling. The whole thing is a stolen hacked version of the FH2 ranking that came out well before the Devs had completed it (I think it was in the Server files), ...

Just a dangerous half knowledge ...

no matter what knowledge is that 762 got to abandon their ranking, that is it.

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: 20-08-2011, 13:08:17 »
people still whining about one ranking system or another? people not joining a server because it doesnt have a ranking system?
something told me this day wasnt far :P.

just joing the server that is not full, problem solved ;), you play to have fun right? what does some pixels in a profile page have to do with fun?

you honestly don't know? wow.... have you ever played any video game at all?

Offline hitm4k3r

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: 20-08-2011, 15:08:59 »
still its a sad thing that the 762 admins split the fh2 community ... i joined there by accident last week and i saw player names ive never seen before or not since 2.4 was released. fact is: we have 2 groups atm, of course some people are going to the 762-servers and to hslan and ebf, but most just stay in 1 of these groups.

i for myself dont join 762 any longer. community splitting and "that special player on 762" just ruin it for me.

It is not the case, that they are spilitting the community - you are doing this, because you say without any reason: 762 servers are shit, although you didn't have played enough on the server to argue. If all of you would use your brains and join all servers, no matter what ranking they offer, than you would get the same view as me. I am not arguing for one ranking system and I am not a 762 guy. I am a neutral player, who has got more critical point of view about your claims and mostly about the claims of some of the FH2 devs. What gives the FH2 devs the right to say, our ranking is true and 762 ranking not? What gives you the right to claim your work more important, than the work of some other guys in the community? And one more time: 762 is not just about the ranking itself, it's about the fact, that they make it possible for alot of players to play the mod. They pay for the servers and they have to controll their servers. You can play the came without paying anything and still some people complain about that fact. It is a point, I simply don't get.

And @General_Henry: What does the fact, that you are a better player and seem to have a bigger dick than me with this topic? Sorry but as I stated before, I am not a fan of these kind of discussions. Maybe you are just better than me and know every angle of every map, because you played it more, what seems to be the case - and thats not something I call strenght. It is a reason, why I am mostly against ranking systems. I appreciate them, if the rest of the game works good, but I don't support them in an active way.

And @Dijinn: I see you playing alot on 762. You say, it is because of a get better ping. But is the gameplay experience any worse than on the other servers? You can have the same fun in my opinion, so they provide the same possibilities with their work and money.

And @ all who are arguing about the "Pure": It doesn't have to do anything with the ranking. It simply shows, that only official FH2 maps are in the rotation. I told you not to make empty suspicions, but you still are searching for some irrelevant points to argue against.

And@ all who arguing about AT on inf: You all argue about the times before 2.3. Your arguments might be rigth for that time. But I am arguing for what is NOW: and I cann only tell you, than you can fire a much at on inf as you want/can. Everybidy who claims something different is just not uptodate at this point.

And @ Hi: You should read my posts carefuly, before you tell me to listen. Otherwise you woudn't call me a member of the 762 community. I play on any server, not matter what rabking. I am member of the FH2 community, but I make my own dessicions concerning, where I play and whith wich people. So give some agruments, that are not just about "they hacked!".

I don't know what is so hard to understand, that they provide a good playground for the mod. But you call it shit. The problem is, that most of you people here only seem to have the ranking systems in mind. Now you call it an accident, when you join server, that offers fun, because it just runs another ranking system. In this case you are close minded. I also play on the russian server and the Feierabendserver sometimes. It is also fun. Do 762 guys call the work of the devs and the people who set up these servers "stubborn"? Look for better arguments, than repeating the same stuff, that is obivios based on suspicions and not on real knowledge everytime.

And finaly @Natty: In another thread you say, that the gameplay mechanics are more improtant than things like "false bling bling" - in this case you mentioned the graphics. So now explain me: What does the fun you can have on a server by the gameplay itself to to with any award system? An award system isn't a gameply mechanic - it is about reading statistics. That are only numbers in tables, that are boring to look at, nor aren't they necesary to play the game itself. They fun is offered by the game, by the server and by the people who are playing on the servers. These are the most important points. Because without any of this, you can't play the game. 762 provide one part of this - the servers. What is so stupid about this point? In this point you are clearly in contadiction with your own arguments.

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: 20-08-2011, 16:08:47 »
no Im not 5hitm4k3r, and Im too bored with this thread to explain it again.

Awards are part of the fun about playing FH2, (it is not the fun, nor is it the only fun. It's part of the fun.)  and it is better and more fun for players if they have only one award system to care about.
The end.

Offline Smiles

• FH-Betatester
  • Boooo Auto-Spot! Booo
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: 20-08-2011, 16:08:49 »
Jeez dude you made your point, stop crucading and let the 762 admins speak.
I'm taking my own freedom
puttin' it in my song
singing loud and strong
proving all day long
I'm takin' my freedom
puttin' it in my stroll
I'll be hop-steppin' y'all
lettin' the joy unfold

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: 20-08-2011, 17:08:32 »
And @Dijinn: I see you playing alot on 762. You say, it is because of a get better ping. But is the gameplay experience any worse than on the other servers? You can have the same fun in my opinion, so they provide the same possibilities with their work and money.

If you WANNA dispute someone's point, quote them correctly. I made it a point not to get into this discussion after my last post because its political. You can't convince the Republicans that you are right as a Democrat or viceversa.

However, let me set you straight. I DID play on 762, and on nights that HSLAN or other servers are either too empty or totally full, I might - I never spoke of PING at ANY time. But I dread the choice I make to play on it going in, because part of the game FH2 is missing i.e. My awards and stats count for shit. And there is that sneaking suspicion that doing so dishonors the devs because of the controversy of 762 Stats. I add to the numbers of people and keep the server afloat when I shouldn't. It is a moral dilemma. Whenever HSLAN is active, in spite of what I think is, after 2.4, a less mature player base, I will go THERE in a heartbeat.

I actually said that 762 these days has better gameplay than HSLAN which is filled with the newer people trying to get the FH2 experience. I already said that. I have never said it was worse, because it depends on the day, NOT the server. I DID say, I disapprove, and I have been constant in that.

So please, if you MUST strengthen you argument, disputer an argument you don't HAVE to warp and twist to suit yours.