Author Topic: FH2.4 First Immpressions  (Read 24525 times)

Offline Mobilis_in_Mobili

• VC Firefly & Achilles Crew Apply Here!
    • View Profile
Re: FH2.4 First Immpressions
« Reply #240 on: 28-07-2011, 22:07:05 »
Today i got two or three shots in Jumbo (76) from Jagdpanzer IV at front armour with no damage taken. I think its surviving nicely, considering its Panther gun on that Jagdpanzer

had to face 2 jumbos in my hetzer yesterday. the first one 1 shot my hetzer with its short 75mm gun frontally, the 2nd one also did after not taking damage by a pzgr40 directly into its ass without any slope at about 10 metres away. i know its a heavy tank but the problem i have is that the hetzer seems to take so much damage frontally by everything, even 75mm guns.
Have this reported in the bug section. Also indeed about the sherman jumbo... it gets even One shotted by PZIV

Still balance wise i am dissapointed...Every server its tonnes more victories for the axis. Bastogne, Eppeldorf... all maps i saw nothing but axis victories....  allied tanks cant do shit anymore vs german tanks . Especialy american.....And then these things like non reverse on hellcat and a Sherman jumbo wich armor doesnt work...... I really hope they will work on this......i am just very dissapoint in this part of 2.4

Seeing my win/loss ratio wich is mostly american played.......it says enough

Yep, the 75 Sherman is a useless machine now, the overall turret changes are pathetic...  and am just as dissapointed about 2.4 allied tanking... don't even care about playing anymore for the most part.  I was a good tanker before - so I think I can speak with some knowledge to back it up. 
Breakfast of Champions: Tigers, Panthers, Pumas, Stugs, & Panzerfausts-on-Legs.

Offline Eglaerinion

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: 28-07-2011, 22:07:40 »
You just have to play smarter than before, choose your battles. The German tanks feel more like the heavy beasts that they were, plays out alot more like FH.
"The wolves will come again."

Offline 16floz470ml

• View Profile
« Reply #242 on: 28-07-2011, 22:07:50 »
Whatever man.  On Hurtgen Forest the 75mm Sherman is king of the battlefield.  Mows down all infantry, the paks, and 88 with no problems.  One shots the stug from sides or rear.  It is still one of my favorite tanks.  Recently had an awesome round as squad leader driving the Sherman on Hurtgen.  Drove all the way to their main after a couple of tries using heavy smoke.  Once we got to the last two flags they protected me and the Sherman 75 and my gunners slaughtered everybody.  I even got the objective award.   

Offline Butcher

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: 29-07-2011, 01:07:52 »
A question aside, i dont want to spam with another thread here...
why does the jagdpanzer IV not have a mg like the jagdpanther (not coax but 2nd position). I know the thing sucked in reality against infantry, but later versions usually it had a mg in front. its not that it would be totally imbalanced then. its kinda annoying when you have a buddy and he can only sit on top of your tank.
He got banned for our sins. He was not the member FH forums deserved, he was the member we needed.

Offline Kelmola

• View Profile
« Reply #244 on: 29-07-2011, 01:07:02 »
Where is the Geballte Ladung Appreciation Thread?

Oh well, won't make one just because I was one kill short of Tank hunter badge, I'm holding Faustillery, there's a Cromwell in my sights, the round is about to end, and then the previously Wasp-flamed area decides to expand to where I stand.

Offline Butcher

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: 29-07-2011, 01:07:16 »
Where is the Geballte Ladung Appreciation Thread?

there you go, geballte ladung is kickass now!
He got banned for our sins. He was not the member FH forums deserved, he was the member we needed.

Offline evhgear

• View Profile
« Reply #246 on: 29-07-2011, 03:07:12 »

AHAH I love the fact that theres still idiots on airfields :P

Offline kingtiger1891

• View Profile
« Reply #247 on: 29-07-2011, 07:07:16 »
Today i got two or three shots in Jumbo (76) from Jagdpanzer IV at front armour with no damage taken. I think its surviving nicely, considering its Panther gun on that Jagdpanzer

had to face 2 jumbos in my hetzer yesterday. the first one 1 shot my hetzer with its short 75mm gun frontally, the 2nd one also did after not taking damage by a pzgr40 directly into its ass without any slope at about 10 metres away. i know its a heavy tank but the problem i have is that the hetzer seems to take so much damage frontally by everything, even 75mm guns.
Have this reported in the bug section. Also indeed about the sherman jumbo... it gets even One shotted by PZIV

Still balance wise i am dissapointed...Every server its tonnes more victories for the axis. Bastogne, Eppeldorf... all maps i saw nothing but axis victories....  allied tanks cant do shit anymore vs german tanks . Especialy american.....And then these things like non reverse on hellcat and a Sherman jumbo wich armor doesnt work...... I really hope they will work on this......i am just very dissapoint in this part of 2.4

Yep, the 75 Sherman is a useless machine now, the overall turret changes are pathetic...  and am just as dissapointed about 2.4 allied tanking... don't even care about playing anymore for the most part.  I was a good tanker before - so I think I can speak with some knowledge to back it up.

I really hate the new tank turret traverse system too, why should blocking traverse speed = making it slide and adding delay?

And what's the big deal of "traverse speed hack"? Only tiger, m10, achilles have much slower turret traverse speed, others are almost the same. Sorry but I think applying this totally pointless new traverse system to all tanks just to prevent "speed hack" of a few specific tanks is again totally pointless.

Offline ajappat

• "Cheater"
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: 29-07-2011, 08:07:55 »
Turrets don't slide or have delay if you set your mouse sensitivity low enough from options.

Offline Leopardi

• [11PzG] member
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: 29-07-2011, 08:07:12 »

I really hate the new tank turret traverse system too, why should blocking traverse speed = making it slide and adding delay?

And what's the big deal of "traverse speed hack"? Only tiger, m10, achilles have much slower turret traverse speed, others are almost the same. Sorry but I think applying this totally pointless new traverse system to all tanks just to prevent "speed hack" of a few specific tanks is again totally pointless.

Of course its gonna slide if you brute force it with your old sensitivity. Lower your sensitivity and no more slide.

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: 29-07-2011, 08:07:03 »
Of course its gonna slide if you brute force it with your old sensitivity. Lower your sensitivity and no more slide.

^ this.  ;D
Damn, I had to wait almost two weeks for the first one who actually uses the 'hack' to complain. Thx Kingtiger. ^^
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline kingtiger1891

• View Profile
« Reply #251 on: 29-07-2011, 08:07:18 »
0.5, I think it's low enough. You guys don't play under high ping, so you can't understand what it feels while there's "original delay + intended delay".

And there's delay no matter what sensitivity you set, if you move the turret and jump out at the same time, the turret continue to move for a while when you're outside the tank, I call that delay.
« Last Edit: 29-07-2011, 08:07:18 by kingtiger1891 »

Offline LHeureux

• View Profile
« Reply #252 on: 29-07-2011, 08:07:43 »
0.1 its just perfect for me, like the old one.
Hey, huge ass .gif signatures are totally unnecessary and obnoxious. Not these anymore, thankyouverymany kkbyethx love you, all the homo. -Flippy

Offline [130.Pz]S.Lainer

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • 130th
« Reply #253 on: 29-07-2011, 09:07:42 »
0.5, I think it's low enough. You guys don't play under high ping, so you can't understand what it feels while there's "original delay + intended delay".

And there's delay no matter what sensitivity you set, if you move the turret and jump out at the same time, the turret continue to move for a while when you're outside the tank, I call that delay.

In a perfect world FH2 would have 128 player maps with at least 15-1 infantry to tank ratios.  Rocket AT would be very limited. And fucking tankers would have real world turret traverse speeds (what was the tiger like freaking 60 seconds to spin 360).  The current system is not perfect but it really puts FH2 on the right path in my opinion.  The day that we see tankers happy to have a couple guys in there tanks with MG's blazing to fend of infantry instead of pissed off is the day we reach perfect harmony between tanks, squishy infantry types and game play.
http://www.bfewaw.com/campaigns/waw24/promo/campaign/waw24banner1.png
The purpose of this deployment was to "annoy and defy the United States ... on her with Bofors 40 mm guns from a range of 650

Offline Leopardi

• [11PzG] member
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: 29-07-2011, 09:07:20 »

if you have high dpi mouse, no its definitely not low enough. And since it slides so much you either move the mouse like in 2.3, or the sensitivity is simply too high.