Forgotten Hope 2 > Tactics & Tutorials

Being a "sniper"

<< < (3/16) > >>

azreal:
I would have to say I disagree with using vegetation as cover. Because of obvious lagging, vegetation doesn't render up to certain distances. So while you (the sniper) may think that large bush is covering you, the enemy rifleman may see you plain as day.

Also if you are going to shoot from buildings, make sure you don't pick bad, and obvious locations like church towers. Very overdone. Try new spots and make sure you shoot from back in the room. Sticking your rifle out the window is a bad idea as well.

Remember, don't take bad shots, wait for a slow, or non-moving target with a clear line of sight. Don't shoot at random people to try and get kills. Follow some of the tips in these posts and I'm sure you'll do fine.

General_Henry:
i have shoot too many people in the bushes, because a lone bush in middle of desert is really something... you know, to us tankers, we drive through of bushes everyday and could really tell if there's a guy there or not.

but good "bush-hiders" hides behind the bush rather than inside it. This makes them very difficult to spot in one direction.

Fuchs:

--- Quote from: azreal on 09-06-2009, 03:06:19 ---I would have to say I disagree with using vegetation as cover. Because of obvious lagging, vegetation doesn't render up to certain distances. So while you (the sniper) may think that large bush is covering you, the enemy rifleman may see you plain as day.
--- End quote ---
Ok, one question then:

Sherman comes driving toward you, next to you are a bush and a flat piece of ground, where do you go prone in?

Die Happy:

--- Quote from: Flippy Warbear on 08-06-2009, 23:06:40 ---What defines a good sniper is that when he can pin even bigger flag areas with his undiscovered location. Like for example the mountains next to Mareth Line flag are great for this as its quite hard to spot the bastards up there and you have more than excellent view to the flag area. And if you can avoid being detected by swiftly changing positions between kills, you can really make those anti-tank guns and infantry very useless there.

You can feel cocky after you had been killed by a search party or by a tank, dedicated to find and kill you. Good sniper can keep the enemy facing the dirt and hide until something heavy comes along to help in hunting you down, but by that time your own heavies might have arrived to mob up the remnants of chaos you started with just one rifle. Sniper is a deadly weapon in the right hands.

--- End quote ---

someone seems to remember a test session where i tied down 6 players of the enemy team searching for the one lonesome happy sneaky sniper killing them over and over and over ...

my favorite part (at least in normandy)  besides sniping people is the goal to annoy the shit out of the enemy team so they send lot of forces to take out out. this way a single soldier can tie down many enemy players . a game like cat and mice where the roles change fluently. first you are the cat take out a few mice and then they start hunting you so you place s-mines on your old location and switch to a new one. they find your mines (free kill) and you then knwo where they are and the game goes on.

sniping in africa is much different then in normandy.
while in africa you often stay at one position and guard one area in normandy you can play very offensive. sneaking though high grass and maybe past enemy lines to take them out from behind. in africa this is almost impossible.

azreal:
Well yes if you are fairly close to your target go right ahead and use bushes. But I'm talking about when you are shooting from larger distances like between flags.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version