Author Topic: How many still play FH1?  (Read 1435 times)

Offline Devout_Crusader

• View Profile
How many still play FH1?
« on: 24-11-2009, 00:11:03 »
I've been thinking about reverting back to the good ol days of FH1.  Is there enough people playing it still?  No offense to the devs but FH2 just doesn't do it for me.  It looks great but the engine just kills my experience.  It's hard to get immersed.  So, anyone that still plays FH1, can you give me some thoughts on going back?  Server numbers; is wolf server still alive; is it only during peak hours people play; that sort of thing. 
Don't run, you'll only die tired...

Offline sheikyerbouti

• Yay, Rep feature is dead
    • View Profile
Re: How many still play FH1?
« Reply #1 on: 24-11-2009, 00:11:58 »
 There can be times of the day when FH1 is much more popular than Fh2.

Many people still play FH1 exclusively and the most popular servers have admins and map packs (depending on whose server you play on)

Visit www.game-monitor.com  for access to server filter that will show you which servers are up and running (or at least tells you in a graph at what times of the week the servers have population)
My Quebec includes Canada

Offline katakulli

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 24-11-2009, 04:11:57 »
Basically, axis bias has removed. Glad its being noticed.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 24-11-2009, 11:11:17 »
I usually get home at about 7.30 GMT after work. Server is with about 46 people averagely at that time on Pixel-Fighter

You just need to make sure you can DL the mappacks... I never was able to so I get chucked out once they play custom maps... Other than that I'm gud

There was a FHSW tourney some time back, but that ended...

Offline Norman Rockwell

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 24-11-2009, 13:11:17 »
I play both FH1 and FH2. The Wolf FH1 server is still there, but no one is ever on, unfortunately  :(

Pixel Fighter only runs custom maps on Tuesday and Saturday.

Offline K.Nassau

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 24-11-2009, 17:11:57 »
I play FH1 sometimes besides FH2, and yes FH1 still seems to be more played for some reason.

Offline Battlefieldfan45 (CroPanzer)

• Gebalte? Anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 24-11-2009, 19:11:31 »
I love 'em both! My friend doesn't like FH2 more than FH1 because of the map number and the fact that he can't fight on the eastern front.

Playing WoT with ingame nick: CroPanzer

Offline HappyFunBall

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 24-11-2009, 20:11:21 »
Well because the stupid Earth is rotating on its stupid axis, the stupid Sun has long gone down on Europe and the East Coast of North America by the time I log on. FH1 Servers are usually empty or emptying by then.

I still play FH1 on weekends sometimes, if I have time.

Offline Tiny

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 25-11-2009, 11:11:33 »
I get a headache looking at the FH1 graphics on todays big monitors. But it was pretty fun when I tried it again a while back, but I much prefer FH2.

Offline Moku

• Waaagh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 25-11-2009, 12:11:27 »
I used to play a lot. Especially on Tuesdays and Saturdays when Pixel-Fighter played their custom maps.

Offline Dutch Army

• As a finishing touch, God created the Dutch
    • View Profile
    • Forgotten Honor Tournament
« Reply #10 on: 25-11-2009, 18:11:40 »
Well I got some great news for you, and that is that we are gonna start a new campaign (tournament) on the FH 0.7 engine again. We just had a successful Battlefield 1918 campaign and now it's time for FH again. So big scale battles each Saturday with alot of teamplay. We will be playing custom maps made by our own mapping team and the theatre of war will be South East Asia. :)
Currently we are in the planning phase, so if you are interested in helping, just contact me by PM 8)

Offline kummitus

• View Profile
    • CMP Gaming
« Reply #11 on: 25-11-2009, 18:11:04 »
Somehow that 1918 campaign has got allot of new life to FH0.7 in FHT, think few has joined the ocenia campaign too after that.
CMP Gaming