Author Topic: for fun  (Read 1650 times)

Offline psykfallet

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
for fun
« on: 26-02-2010, 02:02:14 »
 ;D
-make fueltruck driveable
-give ammotruck increased blastdamage when destroyed

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
Re: for fun
« Reply #1 on: 26-02-2010, 02:02:27 »
there is a drivable version of the fuel truck ingame.

Offline Eat Uranium

• Tea Drinker
  • Global Moderator
  • Today's news will contain [REDACTED]
    • View Profile
    • FH2 Music
« Reply #2 on: 26-02-2010, 02:02:10 »
No there isn't, the vehicle list lies.

Offline sheikyerbouti

• Yay, Rep feature is dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 26-02-2010, 03:02:14 »
;D

Great ideas,
My Quebec includes Canada

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 26-02-2010, 08:02:08 »
;D

as you see it is a static, it is modelled as a static and would need much work to be made driveable. there is a hose etc from it, static. + new players will expect it to have fuelling abilities. so no, sorry.

also no, players will abuse it and make suicide bombing runs with it. even I would do that, it would be used as a weapon, not a support as intended. Result will be the guns that do need its ammo, will not get it. because players will charge enemy positions and blow themselves up with it. ;D
« Last Edit: 26-02-2010, 08:02:55 by Natty »

Offline AdamPA1006

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 26-02-2010, 09:02:47 »
not too bad ideas. good fun

Offline ajappat

• "Cheater"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 26-02-2010, 09:02:52 »
Blast doesn't have to be Tiger killing. Or any tank killing for that matter. More like that it's dangerous to drive it as if someone starts shooting you and you have to bail, explosion still kills from few meters...

Offline Ionizer

• Carrier of Squirrel Flu
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 26-02-2010, 09:02:44 »
;D

as you see it is a static, it is modelled as a static and would need much work to be made driveable. there is a hose etc from it, static. + new players will expect it to have fuelling abilities. so no, sorry.

One of the WaW Team (Paasky) got the Fuel Truck working in game as a drive-able vehicle.  He also made it repair vehicles that are close to it.

also no, players will abuse it and make suicide bombing runs with it. even I would do that, it would be used as a weapon, not a support as intended. Result will be the guns that do need its ammo, will not get it. because players will charge enemy positions and blow themselves up with it. ;D

Paasky gave the fuel truck a huge explosion.  Then backed it down when the obvious exploit reared it's ugly head.  So far, it hasn't been used in any WaW battles yet, and I'm not sure if it's even available for use.

Here it is exploding before the nerf:

Offline Desertfox

• Knowledge is power, and power corupts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 26-02-2010, 12:02:50 »
That's gonna be my suicide bomber truck :D

Offline Paasky

• DON'T PANIC! DON'T PANIC!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 26-02-2010, 13:02:09 »

You lie! :P

Unless it was removed in 2.25, it certainly was drivable in 2.2. All I did was change the repair range & rate, changed the explosion effect and made the explosion force much bigger.

We did see it in one scrim though. I drove it to a flagzone a few times where I got killed. But the guy who killed me also got 4 tk's :D It was also used to kill a few tanks by parking next to them :) But then the grinches said it was "too unrealistic" and "an exploit" so it was never seen again :(
It's half naked people on boats. That's all.
Here in Finland we call that "summer".

Offline Kelmola

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 26-02-2010, 13:02:01 »
If you really let an enemy fuel truck to drive onto your flag / tank pool / spawn area, then you really deserve it. Already the basic trucks die horribly even from SMG fire, so making the fuel/ammo truck even more volatile should discourage suicide bombing to become a regular tactic.

Offline psykfallet

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 26-02-2010, 16:02:28 »
Blast doesn't have to be Tiger killing. Or any tank killing for that matter. More like that it's dangerous to drive it as if someone starts shooting you and you have to bail, explosion still kills from few meters...
exactly, the explosion could be like say, a shotgun blast in each direction or 5 frag grenades dropped on the spot, or 1 satchel.

But on your vehicles list it doesnt have hoses
http://forgottenhope.warumdarum.de/template/showscreenshot.php?imagename=Opel%20Blitz%20S%203.6%20%20Brennstofftransporter/big.jpg&type=vehiclefh2
« Last Edit: 23-03-2010, 19:03:07 by psykfallet »

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 23-03-2010, 15:03:58 »
Use modify button.

Offline 9.Pz Kreuzer

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 23-03-2010, 15:03:18 »
btw, there's no driveable ammo truck yet, right? or have I missed something :-[

Offline Cadyshack

• Nanananananananana
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 23-03-2010, 15:03:43 »
btw, there's no driveable ammo truck yet, right? or have I missed something :-[
The basic trucks with ammo in the back of them (and only have room for 2 in the cab) are the ammo trucks. They are drivable and do give ammo to just about everything.