Author Topic: FH2 Modding Q&A  (Read 143133 times)

Offline Hjaldrgud

• BF2 Enthusiast
    • View Profile
Re: FH2 Modding Q&A
« Reply #1005 on: 28-11-2017, 16:11:00 »
some more questions

I have a problem. When opening a map I know crashes to find out what is causing the crash I get spammed with "more than one controlpoint with controlpoint id 276". I HIGHLY suspect this has something to do with the crashing ingame, but none of the controlpoint id's are the same, nor numbered 276. Any ideas what that could be?

Alright, I've found out that it may be because of the bots not understanding how to be a copilot in a little bird

D:\DiceCanada\BoosterPack2\Code\BF2\AI\AIDLL\AI\AIBotBehaviour\BBFire.cpp(206): Assert: AIBotBehaviour: (botUnit && botPhysical && botArmament && botControl) Bot equipment missing necessary plugins: ahe_ah6a_CoPilot UnitType: 2E4E5C88

Besides removing the little bird from the map, how can I fix the little bird/give the bots the right 'plugin'? Alternatively remove the copilot seat alltogether. It is basically deadweight anyway
I think I have fixed the problem now.
« Last Edit: 29-11-2017, 02:11:42 by Hjaldrgud »

"Generous and brave men live the best" -Hávamál

Offline Hjaldrgud

• BF2 Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: 01-12-2017, 15:12:46 »
I am finding conflicting descriptions about the weapon accuracies.

ObjectTemplate.deviation.setFireDev # # # //the max deviation you can get from firing//how much is added for every shot//how much is removed (each frame?)
versus
ObjectTemplate.deviation.setFireDev # # #
Recoil for standing, crouching, lying, that is your deviation will increase by this amount everytime you fire a bullet.

and

ObjectTemplate.deviation.setSpeedDev # # # # //max//add-forward//add-strafe//how much is removed (each frame?)
versus
ObjectTemplate.deviation.setSpeedDev # # # #
How much forward speed affects your deviation, probably max - min for unzoomed and zoomed mode.

Who are correct?

"Generous and brave men live the best" -Hávamál

Offline Cermna2

• View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: 29-03-2018, 15:03:06 »
Hi everyone, i start learning about map making and have few questions.

- in theme Road to Prochorovka i saw, that the real map image was used as one main ground texture for simply overview on empty terrain in editor. Cant find any topic about, can someone help me with this?

Offline Stubbfan

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: 29-03-2018, 22:03:34 »
Hi Cermna2

I would suggest that you come onto our discord channel for modding help like this. It's easier and faster to have a conversation there.

In short you can either have it on your colormap or use the hemimap to do it (apparantly, i have never tested it myself)

Offline Cermna2

• View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: 30-03-2018, 10:03:20 »
Hi Stubbfan, thanks for reply, what do you mean when say discord channel? I have a lot of minor question and this thread Q&A looks like the right one.

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: 30-03-2018, 10:03:40 »
Our Discord server is where we talk in real time, and where most of the traffic is nowadays: https://discord.gg/QnQ9JpS Feel free to join and ask any modding related question in the workshop channel.

Forum replys usually takes longer, also, don't forget about the search button in the upper right corner here on the forum. A lot of question you may possibly have was most likely already answered and explained here in the past.

Offline GeoPat

• View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: 30-03-2018, 16:03:04 »
Forums are not obsolete yet guys.  People can search them and find the answers to frequent questions instead of asking the same thing all the time in a chat app.

Anyway, IMO the easiest way to get an good overlay in the editor is to make use of "Hemimap mode".  Convert your image to .dds with DXT1 compression(I think).  Name it "groundhemi" and place it in your level folder.  In the editor under the Render tab you can choose hemimap mode to see it stretched across your heightmap.  Some people use color maps to do this but it's a little more complicated and inconvenient, IMO.

Offline Stubbfan

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: 30-03-2018, 17:03:22 »
Forum is not obsolete no. But for these kind of things i so much prefer discord. The reason being that there usually is a lot of following up questions and it's just so much faster and more efficient to have a conversation in a chat.

Offline Cermna2

• View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: 03-04-2018, 18:04:53 »
Hi, thanks to all for reply, especially GeoPat for concrete way how can I do that. Now i have learned basics about terrain, heightmaps, used Tpaint successfuly, tried import new ground textures color & detail, and all wokrs fine.

- And now i have question about layers, its allowed if I put two or more detail (or color) texture in one layer. I mean, after use Tpaint, open the editor, change textures in first (or other) layer and manually draw a specific place. I tried it, save map, load again and all stay as i do, but i dont know, if there's no problem after.

- next i have problem with rivers. Use terrain grounded on real heightmap from terrain party, draw riverbed manually in photoshop, but where the rivers begin, the riverbad is too drowned in the terrain. So I looking on Dukla Pass and reading some topic about puddles and i wonder how hard is covering dry riverbad with water texture and if coding is needed.

I can also go by another way, use treshold in photoshop, do map more flat, some mountain area will ligthten up and the result looks acceptable, but first map looks better.

Thanks to all.

Offline GeoPat

• View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: 03-04-2018, 19:04:25 »
I can't answer the layers question.

I use water planes a lot.  The only real trick you need to know is that you must lightmap them like an object to make them look like water.  Other than that.  Look around in both FH2 and BF2 to find different sizes and shapes.  Joining two water planes or a water plane with the sea can be tricky.  You make have to resort to things like rock dams to hide the gap in level.

Offline Cermna2

• View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: 08-04-2018, 11:04:44 »
Hi, thanks for reply GeoPat. My question about layer its definitly fake, my bad, only one texture (color & detail) per one layer can be used.

Now Im lost with object and right folder tree, still cant found any object in Editor, read tutorials a lot, but i mean that some other mods (as PR for exampel) can have diffrent way. Also images in this old tutorials is all error web page.

I know that i must decompress *.zip  files, but dont know where and then,  if I still have to upload it to the editor, somehow.

Try mod folder /fh2,   main editor folder /bf2 editor,  than level /my_level   and editor level  /my_level/editor,     but still have no object in editor.

Also, there is a /bf2editor/RawData folder and I'm not clear, what it is used for. 

Thanks

Offline Cermna2

• View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: 08-04-2018, 16:04:04 »
Heureka, its work. Have some init.con error, dont know how, becouse at first time, have no problem to open existing map. Resolve it by corettly unziping archives. Then i follow the folder tree in existing map and now its work.

And especially I have a basic idea how editor works.

Thanks

Offline blander

• View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: 08-04-2018, 20:04:58 »
What do you plan on doing? A Kursk map? If that´s the case I´m in a group of mappers doing the same thing. Maybe you can join us, let me know.

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: 08-04-2018, 22:04:19 »
a Kursk map? Why not a map called "Eastern Front"?  :-\

Offline GeoPat

• View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: 08-04-2018, 23:04:08 »
Who said what the map is called?
You jump the gun with your derision. 
Just wait and you will have a chance to get all snarky when it's released.