Author Topic: Maya static model importing help  (Read 525 times)

Offline valleyman

• View Profile
    • My Art Blog
Maya static model importing help
« on: 25-03-2013, 06:03:11 »
Hi guys, I have another question.  I'm working on getting my custom models into the editor but running into an error when I go to import.  "Unexpected parser error!  Reason:  The system cannot find the file specified"  I've gotten this error when trying to import my custom model and also when I tried to import the My_bunker.mb.  I have the textures and models in the rawdata folder in bf2editor folder.  I probably should have just posted this in the Modding Q&A but I really need this answered ASAP. Thanks in advance.

Also, in the output window, this is all that shows up
"******* Import Started *******

execute: maya/mparser60.exe   "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Battlefield 2/bf2editor/rawdata/Objects/StaticObjects/_MyBase0/My_Bunker/My_Bunker.mb""

Offline valleyman

• View Profile
    • My Art Blog
Re: Maya static model importing help
« Reply #1 on: 28-03-2013, 17:03:09 »
bump, still need help with this guys

Could I be getting this error because I have my battlefield 2 installed into my steam directory?

Offline Toddel

• Administrator
  • Donate for the biggest BattleField Mod Supporter!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 28-03-2013, 17:03:13 »
FH devs never worked with Maya. Sorry only with 3ds Max.

In 3dsmax you have to setup the export tools . it doesnt matter where your BF2 is installed. A unexpected Parser error makes me think of a problem with exporter. If you are using the latest Maya version it could also be that the tools are not longer working.

The BF2 exporter tools also have problems with the latest Max versions.

Offline valleyman

• View Profile
    • My Art Blog
« Reply #3 on: 29-03-2013, 07:03:21 »
Thanks for the reply, I really do appreciate it.  I'm using maya 6.0.1 to setup my models so i doubt that is the problem.  I'll have to use gmax to export then.