Author Topic: Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad  (Read 86421 times)

Offline Musti

• View Profile
Re: IT'S COMING! - Red Orchestra : Heroes of Stalingrad
« Reply #480 on: 24-08-2011, 20:08:43 »
I think fingers are a bit unnatural.
WARNING!
Assholes are closer than they appear!

Offline Sander93

• View Profile
« Reply #481 on: 24-08-2011, 22:08:36 »
Finaly someone agrees with me that the German animations make them look like monkeys when sprinting.  ;D

Offline hOMEr_jAy

• Lannister Loyalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: 24-08-2011, 22:08:38 »
Great video showing the commanders abilities (spotting and artillery), tank combat (from the Russian perspective) and the German AT soldier kit (he´s armed with a pistol, a PTRS and it seems like he also carries a "Hafthohlladung", magnetic AT grenade). I actually came a little and god damn, this game will rule so much! Tanks actually feel like tanks, and the commander is an important asset on the battlefield. Also it´s great to see assist points in ROHOS, especially when you´re using AT rifles.
I really think that I´ll hibernate untill the DDE Beta will be released!
And another nice article that describes the in-game sound. Definately worth reading!
« Last Edit: 24-08-2011, 22:08:00 by [WaW]hOMEr_jAy »
And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere,
But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear.
Yes now the rains weep o'er his hall,
and not a soul to hear.

Offline Wilhelm

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: 25-08-2011, 00:08:13 »
Did the Germans utilize captured PTRS's enough for it to be included as their AT kit?

Offline SiCaRiO

• View Profile
« Reply #484 on: 25-08-2011, 04:08:42 »

And another nice article that describes the in-game sound. Definately worth reading!

I have never played a game that actually made me feel bad for killing someone.  To give you an example of what I’m talking about, I shot an enemy soldier in the stomach and I was close enough to hear him.  He didn’t just scream and die; he bled out, crying and sobbing in Russian while he died…  Slowly.  For a few seconds I honestly thought, “sorry dude.”  Those aren’t the only sounds you will hear.  There has been more than one time I have been in a different room with an ally, heard a gunshot go off, and then heard my ally screaming, SCREAMING, in agony as he died.  It’s very hard to describe the feeling that it gives you, but it definitely adds intensity and emotion into the game.

from the article. this part make me want the game even more =9

Priestdk

« Reply #485 on: 25-08-2011, 08:08:45 »
The game is going to rock so hard :-)

Bedst part is there are atleast 3 awesome mods comming for it aswell

WW1 mod.
WWII Pacific mod.
And vietnam war mod.

And year the wtf video is awesome i love howe the guy is playing and talking.

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: 25-08-2011, 08:08:05 »
Scripted singleplayer is nice and all, but IMO their time is much better spent working on the multiplayer. Lets be honest, on average singleplayer is what, 6-10 hours of gameplay? Whereas multiplayer on games such as bf1942, bf2, TF2, RO1, has hundreds, possibly thousands hours of gameplay in them. We expect no less from RO2 and working on singleplayer instead of having few more online maps would be a waste of the devs time really...

Sure, but 10 hours for 50 euro is OK price for entertainment if you ask me. If the multiplayer isnt compelling enough, at least you can get some fun out of the game for the price you pay by playing a cool SP campaign.
also, developing single player is usually done separatly from MP, but I have no idea how many designers Tripwire has, could be they are sweating to even get the MP done in time.. + the fact that their core fanbase only wants to frag eachother... Problem for this particulat studio could potentially be that they don't show much interest in expanding outside their core.. this leaves them extremely vulnurable if the core lets them down. Singleplayer has the power of introducing new players to the fanbase, which can convert to being core players after a while, which will be much needed for their next game after this, since a huge part of the old core certainly will have left by then.

Offline hOMEr_jAy

• Lannister Loyalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: 25-08-2011, 10:08:17 »
ROHOS already has more preorders on Steam than MW3, so I guess TWI has done everything right. Also, don't forget that the servers are fully modable, due to mutators and they have included several different game modes that suit the original fanbase as well as new players.
Plus, unlike other Game developers TWI will release an SDK, so mods and costum maps made by the community will Be released soon. We'll get tons of entertainment even without a fully scripted singleplayer campaign.
I'm also quite happy that TWI stays true to its roots and won't dumb the game down too much, in order to attract a wider audience. Free2play weekends, free DLCs and all the stuff I've listed above will sell enough copies and fortunately there's no big multi-million company like EA behind TWI, urging them to do everything for the maximum profit. ::)   

EDIT:
According to this post we´ll get a whole bunch of Beta gameplay videos soon (late today, early tomorrow for Euros) since the NDA will expire at that time. Stay tuned! :D
EDIT2: More screenshots here.
« Last Edit: 25-08-2011, 11:08:24 by [WaW]hOMEr_jAy »
and not a soul to hear.

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: 25-08-2011, 14:08:54 »
I preordered it just so I could get a stahlhelm for my Soldier in TF2... and because it was quite cheap with the percentage discount as I already have RO.

No. Other. Reason.

Offline Oberst

• View Profile
« Reply #490 on: 25-08-2011, 17:08:04 »
The links are broken.

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: 25-08-2011, 17:08:45 »
standard mantra
::) that's getting old.

Offline Filo90

• View Profile
« Reply #492 on: 25-08-2011, 18:08:01 »
now they work  ;)

Offline flyboy_fx

• rockets,rc stuff,and collecting/making ww2 models
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: 25-08-2011, 18:08:45 »
Why are they speaking english???? 0_0 I notice only the team your on speak heavy accented english... Can you make it to where they always speak there native language no matter what?
Don't hate the forum, hate it's users...

Offline hOMEr_jAy

• Lannister Loyalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: 25-08-2011, 18:08:11 »
Arrogant know-it-all response!
See, I can be a childish troll, too ::)

OT: Just came back from the pool, now I´m gonna watch all those nice Beta videos. That should make the waiting for the DDE Beta a tad more easier to bear.
Flyboy, AFAIK the langauge settings can be changed. Standard is that your team speaks English with a matching accent, while the enemy speaks his native language. Therefore it´s easier to understand what your teammates say.
and not a soul to hear.