Author Topic: Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad  (Read 86305 times)

Offline hOMEr_jAy

• Lannister Loyalist
    • View Profile
Re: IT'S COMING! - Red Orchestra : Heroes of Stalingrad
« Reply #405 on: 04-08-2011, 18:08:10 »
Got the Deluxe, as well. 35 Euros is such a tiny amount of money for a full game, getting it for under 30 Euros feels like a rip-off. TWI deserves every copy they sell and I highly admire what they did, if you consider that they were once a mod-team. Hats and early unlocks are a nice extra present and getting early Beta access is cool, as well.
I´m also a bit confused about Nattys (almost arrogant) statement that BF3 will be more  complex than RO2. Either he works for both TWI and DICE or he just purely made that up. RO2s tank combat alone makes BF3 look like any other casual shooter (no matter hoch much you loathe that term, Natty, games like COD and BC2 have so many striking similiarities about their gameplay that this term just perfectly fits).

I just wonder, when the DDE folk will get access to the Beta. My best and most optimistic guess would be next week, sometime.
And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere,
But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear.
Yes now the rains weep o'er his hall,
and not a soul to hear.

Offline Mr_Cheese

• Developer
  • FH2 dev
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio Website
« Reply #406 on: 04-08-2011, 19:08:26 »
Hmm, I'm very tempted by the deluxe pre-order at £24...

But why's the standard game only going to be £25 when it's first released when other games are usually £30-35? Does it have a very limited amount of content/maps? (I haven't really read any details about the game at all)

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: 04-08-2011, 19:08:00 »
BF3, casual shooter.. lol... OK that's where this discussion showed its true trollface.

Ill get back to commenting on RO2 when Ive played the demo, see if it's fun enough to matter.

Offline hOMEr_jAy

• Lannister Loyalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: 04-08-2011, 19:08:51 »
Hmm, I'm very tempted by the deluxe pre-order at £24...

But why's the standard game only going to be £25 when it's first released when other games are usually £30-35? Does it have a very limited amount of content/maps? (I haven't really read any details about the game at all)
Check out the official ROHOS fact thread, where the community collected all the confirmed features. I would say it comes with a very good amount of content, compared to other games and with full mod support the community will get more and different content, too (and don´t forget that TWI will release new maps and vehicles, for free, later).
And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere,
But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear.
Yes now the rains weep o'er his hall,
and not a soul to hear.

Offline Eglaerinion

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: 04-08-2011, 19:08:21 »
Infantry gameplay looks so glitchy, unnatural. The movement especially.
"The wolves will come again."

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: 04-08-2011, 20:08:11 »

Funny, I thought the same thing about FH2 when I first played it...
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline Eglaerinion

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: 04-08-2011, 20:08:59 »

Funny, I thought the same thing about FH2 when I first played it...
In Battlefield it looks alot more natural, animations are still not very good but it looks less like people are fighting their way through the air.
"The wolves will come again."

Offline Filo90

• View Profile
« Reply #412 on: 04-08-2011, 20:08:41 »
I think that Battlefield 2 engine is the worst one talking about infantry combat  ::)

Offline G.Drew

• FH-Betatester
  • FH player since 0.65
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: 04-08-2011, 20:08:30 »
Try playing the first one. Believe me, this is a hellova lot better.

Althought saying that there has been a distinct lack of gameplay footage.
"Accept the challenges so that you may feel the exhilaration of victory" - Gen. George S. Patton
-you aren't allowed to have nice things.

Offline flyboy_fx

• rockets,rc stuff,and collecting/making ww2 models
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: 04-08-2011, 21:08:27 »
All we have really seen is single player. IMO, the few awful things so far IMO, You have to unlock crap, MKb42s (Still fun though!!!), singleplayer AI, and pistol animations...
Don't hate the forum, hate it's users...

Offline Bang0o

• FH-Betatester
  • I am Important!
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: 05-08-2011, 09:08:00 »

Over 9000 hours on paint etc..
afaik the mkb42s and svt40 are only available on the hero class. and that class is only available one per side. so we wont see many of them even on the most arcarde servers

Priestdk

« Reply #416 on: 05-08-2011, 14:08:59 »
Preorder on steam cant wait, and sorry Natty, but BF3 have not showen me anything worth byeing it or even pre ordert it for yet at all.
Until i see a real MP fight with what it is all about huge open maps not the bfbc2 narrowness and until i see helicopters, plaines etc and som real MP footage im not going to pre order somthing that as far as i now looks wery similar to bfbc2 visualy up to now, even with the better destructible enviroment we have seen from the video footage from the metro map witch is also more or less only inf combat with 1 or 2 light vihicles.

Even the curent alpha of bf3 is the Metro map and the gameplay from bfbc2 were you have to take out 2 boxes then you move on to the next section of the map etc.

And single player well ho cares i dont, that have newer been and will newer be the reason why i ever have or will play BF games at all, it have been for the MP only and the mods.

Ontop of this RO2 even already have like 3 mods in the works, and il bet my ass on we will see alot more ones the game and mod tools are released in around 1 month.

1:In county vietnam(vietnam war)
2:Rising Storm (pacific front doing WW2)
3:(Dont recall the name but a WW1 mod)

Another thing i can go on youtube and find atleast 1-2 total houers of different gameplay videos and MP videos from RO2 i know they have a shorter time to there release but still it is there, i cant with BF3 and its supose to be released in i think late oktober.
The only good thing i have seen visualy so far have been the single player tank map/thing from E3 witch lasted 12 min. But wen ever we see any MP footage like i have said before its always theese wery short flashing glimses of more or less nothing.

Im absolutly sure it will be awesome and im sure it will rock hard and i will proberly also bye it because i have been longing hard for an official bf3 game for years, but i doo not understand the ider behind showing of nothing it does not sell a game, and wount make people preorder.
All i can hope is it delivers otherwise like i have said plenty of times it will be the last bf game i have baught and i have all BF games sins bf1942 and addons, and up to bfbc2.

Offline mopskind

• View Profile
« Reply #417 on: 05-08-2011, 16:08:59 »
Preorder on steam cant wait, and sorry Natty, but BF3 have not showen me anything worth byeing it or even pre ordert it for yet at all.
Until i see a real MP fight with what it is all about huge open maps not the bfbc2 narrowness and until i see helicopters, plaines etc and som real MP footage im not going to pre order somthing that as far as i now looks wery similar to bfbc2 visualy up to now, even with the better destructible enviroment we have seen from the video footage from the metro map witch is also more or less only inf combat with 1 or 2 light vihicles.

Even the curent alpha of bf3 is the Metro map and the gameplay from bfbc2 were you have to take out 2 boxes then you move on to the next section of the map etc.

And single player well ho cares i dont, that have newer been and will newer be the reason why i ever have or will play BF games at all, it have been for the MP only and the mods.

Ontop of this RO2 even already have like 3 mods in the works, and il bet my ass on we will see alot more ones the game and mod tools are released in around 1 month.

1:In county vietnam(vietnam war)
2:Rising Storm (pacific front doing WW2)
3:(Dont recall the name but a WW1 mod)

Another thing i can go on youtube and find atleast 1-2 total houers of different gameplay videos and MP videos from RO2 i know they have a shorter time to there release but still it is there, i cant with BF3 and its supose to be released in i think late oktober.
The only good thing i have seen visualy so far have been the single player tank map/thing from E3 witch lasted 12 min. But wen ever we see any MP footage like i have said before its always theese wery short flashing glimses of more or less nothing.

Im absolutly sure it will be awesome and im sure it will rock hard and i will proberly also bye it because i have been longing hard for an official bf3 game for years, but i doo not understand the ider behind showing of nothing it does not sell a game, and wount make people preorder.
All i can hope is it delivers otherwise like i have said plenty of times it will be the last bf game i have baught and i have all BF games sins bf1942 and addons, and up to bfbc2.

This was quite hard to read Oo

Offline G.Drew

• FH-Betatester
  • FH player since 0.65
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: 05-08-2011, 17:08:55 »
Makes it all the more worthwhile to read I've realised  ;)

Once you get the accent right its easy peasy.
"Accept the challenges so that you may feel the exhilaration of victory" - Gen. George S. Patton
-you aren't allowed to have nice things.

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: 05-08-2011, 17:08:28 »
Yeah, once you turn off your brain and enable Priest mode (no, not molesting children...) you can read all sorts of retardness.  :P