Author Topic: Iran  (Read 18305 times)

Offline Gezoes

• There is no middle ground.
    • View Profile
Iran
« on: 01-12-2011, 21:12:51 »
So most of my friends don't give a crap about history, but this embassy situation got their attention. One even mentioned the US embassy situation, but unlike a certain US presidential candidate (:D), he put it in the right era and country.

Also, Iranian activities in Germany, concerning NATO assets. Iran is provoking, and they know it. Why are they playing with fire? Win back the population? Start more fires? The Wests financial system is collapsing, so strike now? Terror, Syria / Turkey, Israel (...Egypt...), demonstrations, revolutions, crises. Many inflammable factors. I'd take advantage of that if I were that regime, but would I risk a war? Iran will be not be a cakewalk, but surely no match for a coalition. Could there be a catch?

So, what do you guys think? Anything Iran can go in here, keep it clean(ish) ;)

"If I wasn't a little mad, I'd go mad."

Offline :| Hi

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
Re: Iran
« Reply #1 on: 02-12-2011, 00:12:07 »
Least he got it right, unlike that particular candidate. I hope their foray into the presidential election fizzles out quickly.

[2:06:54 PM] Tolga: cant use tha shit underwater -Tolga on the G3

Offline IrishReloaded

• Leader of Irishforce
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02-12-2011, 01:12:29 »
Israel wont risk a nuclear strike on Iran. Iran has good relationship with Pakistan, and they have enough nuclear bombs for every israel village. And as India has good connections with Israel and India is an enemy of Pakistan they could start war too. A war in those area would also call China, Saudi Arabia into. not speaking of the US and the rest of the Nato.

If Israel would start an attack I think it will more be like a cyber attack to damage Irans nuclear computer system. ( sidenote: in the cold war US hacked russian pipeline controll station, causing a big explosion)

Iran is showing force, and playing with fire. Atm they dont have the power to win a war, and they have enough power, in the form of oil, to  anticipate a first strike.

Offline G.Drew

• FH-Betatester
  • FH player since 0.65
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02-12-2011, 01:12:09 »
Haters gonna hate.
"Accept the challenges so that you may feel the exhilaration of victory" - Gen. George S. Patton
-you aren't allowed to have nice things.

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 02-12-2011, 01:12:57 »
I believe something will happen. Iran is working on their bomb and Israel won't let it happen. They can't, as long as the Iran regime behaves that immature, demanding annihilation of Israel. Even though that is most likely talk to cover up domestical problems. Just like Hitler blamed the jews for every mischief.

What makes em more dangerous than any common dictator like Kim Jong Il is the religious component. You do not know who in the iranian administration is willing to give his life in the name of religion. But I consider the amount of fanatics in a religious society higher than in a communist or corrupt society.

I usually imagine my own sounds with it, like `tjunk, tupdieyupdiedee` aaa enemy spotted, ratatatataboom

Offline sn00x

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 02-12-2011, 02:12:45 »
am i the only one that keep thinking middle-eastern governments only makes trouble?

Offline Archimonday

• Sir vis pacem, para bellum!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 02-12-2011, 06:12:48 »
Part of me feels like the Middle East is catching up to the west in terms of social order changing. While we had two world wars, and an era of mutual threat summarized by the extensive creation of massive arsenals of equally powerful weapons, that all eventually ended up forming the Western World we live in today, the Middle East hasn't had its big moment of enlightenment and change just yet. I think what we are seeing in the Middle East now is the start of that change, and chances are pretty high somebody is going to get hurt along the way, because we all know that getting away from old archetypes takes time, takes devotion, and takes lives.

Offline Yustax

• German bias forevah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 02-12-2011, 06:12:23 »
The big change is when I dont see poor women being stoned to death because she looked at a man or because she lifted her veil to scratch her face.

Offline hankypanky

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 02-12-2011, 06:12:04 »
Remember guys Governments don't represent people!!! Want to know more about Iranians? Meet them in real life and you will find them to be open liberal people. You shouldn't take a government to represent an entire people. Politics is politics.... 
Oh fuck it everyone is on the Hate Iran train may as well hop on
My ingame name is [PUG]mr.hanky1945

Offline 44mag

• Legendary
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 02-12-2011, 07:12:51 »
Unfortunately Iran will be next on the list of the free worlds enemies if it keeps down its path its headed down. i believe the people there are good and truly do not want conflict as you may remember they had riots when
Mahmoud Ahmadinejad was re elected , and threw his opponent in jail. He re took the country by force and killed many people, you can see what happening everywhere in middle east now riots instability and now a emerging nuclear power. the free world will not allow this. Hopefully Iran will implode like Syria,Tunisia,Egypt etc.

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 02-12-2011, 08:12:29 »
http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/11/29/battlefield-3-banned-in-iran/

"The game includes a fictionalised US assault on Iran’s capital Tehran, where many men must be shot in the face"

Did PC gamer just troll Iran?  ;D

Offline sn00x

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 02-12-2011, 16:12:34 »
http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/11/29/battlefield-3-banned-in-iran/

"The game includes a fictionalised US assault on Iran’s capital Tehran, where many men must be shot in the face"

Did PC gamer just troll Iran?  ;D

hahaha, good one!  ;D

Offline sn00x

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 02-12-2011, 16:12:32 »
Remember guys Governments don't represent people!!! Want to know more about Iranians? Meet them in real life and you will find them to be open liberal people. You shouldn't take a government to represent an entire people. Politics is politics.... 
Oh fuck it everyone is on the Hate Iran train may as well hop on

well, they do represent the country, aaaand they kinda decide what gets done, aaaand yeah.. just bomb em allready.  :P

Offline Filo90

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 02-12-2011, 20:12:11 »

Offline Archimonday

• Sir vis pacem, para bellum!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 02-12-2011, 22:12:48 »
Thats jumping the gun a bit. While the explosion is suspicious, theres conflicting reports about what happened.