Author Topic: DOes each map have a 'vital point' that can help you win the game?  (Read 858 times)

Offline nickm

• View Profile
Guys:

I have noticed that some maps in FH1 & FH2 have a position that if you maintain control you can pretty much win the match (--IE: Arnhem in FH1-the 6 Pounder position right next to the bridge offramp; if you keep control of that gun there is NO way a German vehicle can get into the town; The Watermill in Operation Cobra; if you are armed with the A/T grenade & stay by the ammo crates you can eventually kill off everyone). I haven't noticed any other points on other maps that have concealment, ammo & a good field of fire, but those two, but I was wondering if each map had 'a ringer'.

NM

Offline Stubbfan

• Developer
    • View Profile
Hi,

It's not something that is planned into each and every map no. But all maps have more or less strategical positions i would say.

Offline nickm

• View Profile
Thanks; Now since I am an off line player, can you share some of the 'strategic spots' on the various SP maps?

Thanks a bunch!

Offline Knochenlutscher

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
You need to find most by playing a Map again and again.
Even then it is a matter of taste.

Fall of Tobruk/Axis (at later stages/Cap-Points positive to avoid flanking)

Between Aussie Main wooden stairs and the large Tanks at Harbour Outskirts
you'll see two Ruins, chose the one on the right side if facing Aussie Main from Harbour.
Crouch inside, then you can enter a part of the ruin compartment under comfortable floors.
This is a vital position that will free you from heavy Barrage as expected in the closer compound to
that main. The Mortar shells halfway to Harbour and the Hotel area, see this estimated
Map, as well a screenshot showing this position. I use to have a good sight even to the front,
thanks to a door opening where you can trace them walking for you.
If you ran out of Ammo, Harbour Cap Point is the best choice, just watch for Hostiles, Bullets.
You can easilly re-enter that Spot then.
« Last Edit: 24-06-2015, 05:06:15 by Knochenlutscher »
"Klaatu... verata... n... Necktie. Nectar. Nickel. Noodle."

Offline Ivancic1941

• View Profile
Nice recon Knochenlutscher!
Floppy Wardisc or Floppy Wierdbear