Author Topic: Battle of Königsberg / Pillau 1945  (Read 6629 times)

Offline FlyGuy45

• View Profile
Re: Battle of Königsberg / Pillau 1945
« Reply #45 on: 23-07-2010, 05:07:19 »
I'm glad it is agreed that most of the people here are rude. Let's get pizza.

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 23-07-2010, 05:07:59 »
OSTFront could be a sooner possibility than 'years away' if some plucky young hero would steal borrow legitamtely everything from the collapsed BGF mod.

BTW Chimples, this has been the toughest crowd on the internet I have ever broken into, stick with it.

If they are not using it surely they may consider selling or donating their hard work? Obviously this has probably been investigated so what was the outcome? Perhaps if they do not give it to us willingly we could look them in a room with Von Modra for 1 week until they break?

Mudra ;)

ANd the problem is that they refuse to release their work in the vain hope that the mod ever comes to fruition or some other pipedream.  Also, their work simply isn't up to the graphical specs that FH2 has, so the devs would basically have to rework all of it.

Offline Chimples

• I have a suggestion....
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 23-07-2010, 06:07:26 »
Cool thanks Mudra! I went and investigated this deceased mod a bit more thoroughly I could see that the modeling and especially the skinning was of a lower quality that FH2 and that what seemed to be the best part (tank physics) would be incompatible anyway.
<<<<Plays as Budovski>>> Lives as a chimp

Offline th_battleaxe

• Bon Vivant
  • Bit of a Révolutionnaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 27-07-2010, 16:07:00 »
For me your description brings to mind Seelow Heights.
Königsberg was before Seelow
J'aime l'oignon, frît à l'huile
J'aime l'oignon car il est bon
J'aime l'oignon, frît à l'huile
J'aime l'oignon, j'aime l'oignon

Offline 9.Pz Kreuzer

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 27-07-2010, 20:07:09 »
Battle of Königsberg and Seelow Heights are unrelated to eachother, two completely different locations.
Anyway, Königsberg would in the very far distant future maybe be a good 1945 street-fighting alternative to Berlin, the town Königsberg itself was heavier defended than Berlin and many Russians also regarded it a more valuable victory than Berlin.

Offline Chimples

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 28-07-2010, 01:07:01 »
Well hopefully it gets some consideration in the distant future, would make an amazing map! I will find some more information about it as my knowledge is fairly limited on this battle. Eyewitness accounts are generally the more compelling descriptions, I will get out my copy of the 'Forgotten Soldier' and paraphrase what is written about it there.

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 28-07-2010, 01:07:33 »
Konigsber is slighty cooler than Berlin because it was Naval Support for the Germans, but Berlin is way more different.

Offline sn00x

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 28-07-2010, 02:07:59 »
OSTFront could be a sooner possibility than 'years away' if some plucky young hero would steal borrow legitamtely everything from the collapsed BGF mod.

BTW Chimples, this has been the toughest crowd on the internet I have ever broken into, stick with it.

If they are not using it surely they may consider selling or donating their hard work? Obviously this has probably been investigated so what was the outcome? Perhaps if they do not give it to us willingly we could look them in a room with Von Modra for 1 week until they break?

Mudra ;)

ANd the problem is that they refuse to release their work in the vain hope that the mod ever comes to fruition or some other pipedream.  Also, their work simply isn't up to the graphical specs that FH2 has, so the devs would basically have to rework all of it.

*cough* and what exactly do you know about what went on behind the scenes when it comes to graphicals? stuff that was never shown?  ::)

Offline Chimples

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 28-07-2010, 02:07:55 »
Don't antagonize the Mudra, he goes into fits and rage hates you :(

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 28-07-2010, 02:07:37 »

Mudra ;)

ANd the problem is that they refuse to release their work in the vain hope that the mod ever comes to fruition or some other pipedream.  Also, their work simply isn't up to the graphical specs that FH2 has, so the devs would basically have to rework all of it.

*cough* and what exactly do you know about what went on behind the scenes when it comes to graphicals? stuff that was never shown?  ::)

No, just that's exactly what devs have told me on their stuff, and said publicly on the forums   ::)

Offline sn00x

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 28-07-2010, 02:07:50 »
Well for your information as a former bgf dev, we had allot of very nice high quality models, now suck it in.

Offline sheikyerbouti

• Yay, Rep feature is dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 28-07-2010, 03:07:04 »
 Now where in the hell on Mudra's match-stick skinny frame is he going to suck anything in?

The BGF debate has always intrigued me and always will. It begs the question, "why do the work in the first place if it will never see the light of day?"
My Quebec includes Canada

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 28-07-2010, 03:07:58 »
Only, from what I understand, not up to FH2 spec.  I'm not insulting the BGF team, I'm just saying that that's what I understand.  And either way, its not like BGF is willing to release anything even if it WAS up to FH2 spec.

Offline sn00x

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 28-07-2010, 03:07:25 »
*sigh* I rest my case.