Author Topic: Purple Heart Lane 64  (Read 14442 times)

Offline gavrant

• (Almost) retired dev
  • Developer
    • View Profile
Re: Purple Heart Lane 64
« Reply #75 on: 09-04-2014, 14:04:22 »
2.46 changelog for Purple Heart Lane 64

• The sector push on the first 3 flags was reverted back to the 2.4 state - the flags can be captured only by the Allies, the Axis team can't recapture them after that.
  • The Germans start bleeding when all the flags are captured by the Americans.
  • The G43 rifle in the German assault kit was replaced with the G41(W). On this map, the G43 can be found only in the pickup kits.
  • Removed the ammo box in B4 by Theta's request.
  • A lot of cosmetic (visual) fixes.

Minimap for reference:
« Last Edit: 09-04-2014, 17:04:23 by gavrant »

Offline gavrant

• (Almost) retired dev
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 08-02-2016, 15:02:35 »
2.5 changelog for Purple Heart Lane 64

• Closed some (all?) secret routes behind hedgerows and fences between Bridge no. 3 and Bridge no. 4.
  • American NCOs got the proper "paratrooper" M1A1 carbine instead of the M1 carbine.
  • Few cosmetic fixes.

Minimap for reference:

Offline McCloskey

• Developer
  • Heart or head, either way Jerry's dead!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 09-02-2016, 04:02:09 »
2.5 changelog for Purple Heart Lane 64

• American NCOs got the proper "paratrooper" M1A1 carbine instead of the M1 carbine.

Oh YEAH. I love you.

Offline justasug

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 24-02-2018, 15:02:58 »
Capturing the the first 3 flags for the American team is way too easy. I don't know if it's just me, but it seems like the first 3 flags are nothing but a minor chore the Americans accomplish regardless. It's just a question of whether it will take them 5 or 10 minutes.
I also remember the previous system, where it was kind of the opposite and the Americans had way too much trouble capturing all 3 flags. Is there a middle ground? I don't know, perhaps make a flag locked only if the Americans control the flag that's below/above it?
Example:

Code: [Select]
U = unlocked
L = locked

Bridge #4 | German/U | German/U | German/U | US/L
Causeway  | German/U | German/U | US/U     | US/L
Bridge #3 | German/U | US/U     | US/L     | US/L

Is the ammo box in the screenshot below placed well? I'm not sure if it cheapens the gameplay, but it's easy to stand there and lob rifle grenades up the causeway.
« Last Edit: 24-02-2018, 18:02:51 by justasug »

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 07-03-2018, 00:03:37 »
I kinda like the way it is now. As you mentioned, previously it was too hard to cap these 3 flags and the map kinda stalled.

I see the 3 flags as a delaying action by the Germans down the causeway before they fall back to more prepared positions. Having these flags capped easily allows the map to progress which is arguably always more fun than having it stall like it used to.

The tickets are at a good place where this delaying action can actually make or break a German win later on in the round.

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 07-03-2018, 20:03:08 »
Lately US wins or loses in the last sector (in my experience). I think that's showing that the map is in the good spot right now.

Offline justasug

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 10-03-2018, 10:03:51 »
It makes sense in that case then, if the first part is only meant to delay the attackers as much as possible.

Offline truth_hun

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 24-09-2018, 23:09:03 »
info folder contains a 1.5 MB psd file in both server and client versions called 'gpm_cq_32_menumap.psd'

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 24-09-2018, 23:09:41 »
info folder contains a 1.5 MB psd file in both server and client versions called 'gpm_cq_32_menumap.psd'

Good lookin' out

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 11-05-2020, 19:05:56 »
2.56 Changelog for Purple Heart Lane 64

-Add Fallschirmjäger Player Models
-Add M1A1 Carbine to mortar kit

Offline Its_a_Friendly

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 02-08-2020, 04:08:31 »

In my opinion, the German spawns in the last sector are too close to the flags, especially considering that the 1st and 2nd sectors are already quite difficult, and that the Americans have a long walk from their spawnpoints to the last sector as well.

At Crossroads, the German spawns are about 20-100m, or 5-15 seconds, away from the Flag zone, and the closest area of the flag zone is decently defensible (it's behind the wall the flag itself rests on). At Orchard, the spawns are all very close to the flag, including one in a two-room-two-story building in front of the flag, and one IN the flag zone.

The Orchard spawn in the flag zone is especially egregious, as it's on the 2nd floor of the nearby two-story building It's the building type with four square rooms on the 2nd floor, and to make things worse, the door from the staircase to the spawnpoint is blocked with a door (only case I've seen of a door in one of those buildings, I think). This is an incredibly defensible spawnpoint, as the windows face the German side of the flag, making tossing a grenade in difficult for the US). Plus, as you're clearing this building, you aren't even in the flag zone until the very end anyways, adding to the trouble.

So my suggestion is thus: move the German spawns in the 3rd sector back, some distance from the flags. (If they want to spawn closer, the Germans have squad leaders too...) There's even a nice train station back there that I think few players have seen, so possibly spawn them there?

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 02-08-2020, 08:08:49 »
I moved the spawns in the last sector out of that house.