Author Topic: Little suggestions about infantry warfare and tanking  (Read 2031 times)

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
Re: Little suggestions about infantry warfare and tanking
« Reply #30 on: 06-04-2012, 22:04:43 »
Having used rifles at reenactments and gun ranges for years, I can say that the speed at which you sight in a rifle in FH2 is quite correct.

so it doesnt take a year to aim and shoot? then I would like to know where this slow aiming idea came from

From the mind of people who don't like dying in the game, apparently.

Offline sn00x

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 06-04-2012, 22:04:36 »
i disagree. *going mudra style* as a holder of the highest mdeal for shooting you can get for serving firsttime in the army, with a lazorsight HK416 with aimpoint (allso G3A3 with ironsights only). No you cant aim superperfectomglolz lazor in just a second, not over ranges, i allso have a Rifle 2nd grade, shotting with m16a2 on popups dolls up to 300m (NATO exercise with national guard in minnesota) No, my good sir, you cant pop up and have lazorsight precicsion like it is in fh2. not gonna happen.
« Last Edit: 06-04-2012, 22:04:49 by Sn00x »

Offline Miklas

• Ingame: Calle_XVI
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 07-04-2012, 09:04:53 »
i disagree. *going mudra style* as a holder of the highest mdeal for shooting you can get for serving firsttime in the army, with a lazorsight HK416 with aimpoint (allso G3A3 with ironsights only). No you cant aim superperfectomglolz lazor in just a second, not over ranges, i allso have a Rifle 2nd grade, shotting with m16a2 on popups dolls up to 300m (NATO exercise with national guard in minnesota) No, my good sir, you cant pop up and have lazorsight precicsion like it is in fh2. not gonna happen.
Sn00x is right.

@VM: Reenactment doesn't really qualify since you don't know if you hit or not since you fire blanks.
Shooting ranges are completely different since you are prepared and know exactly where the target is.
When I did my service we hade to walk these trails in the woods where they have metal pop-up targets that register the hits and goes down automatically after two hits. First we went with blank ammo in order to train and get a feel for the trail. In this case you felt that you hade aced the course and all your bullets hit. However, when we did it with live ammo you were suprised when you realized how long it actually takes to aim and hit a target even at short ranges when it "comes up from nowhere". N.B. I was one of the best shots in the company.

So sure, you can shoulder a weapon as fast as in-game but actually hitting a target that you don't know where it will show up is completely different.

Offline muratti

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 07-04-2012, 16:04:13 »

300m is different then 20m which is like most maps in FH2.

Offline Miklas

• Ingame: Calle_XVI
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 07-04-2012, 16:04:35 »

300m is different then 20m which is like most maps in FH2.
Still, it is not as easy as many people think to hit someone at 20 meters when you are in a stressfull situation and the enemy just pops up behind a rock.

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 07-04-2012, 17:04:30 »
I am not saying super accurate.  I am saying that you can bring a rifle to your eye and look down the sight with great speed.  But I have never seen that as "super accurate zomg" in FH2 because once you do that, you still have to align your rifle on the enemy, lead him, etc, unless you are also sighted and aimed, and just waiting for him to appear.  The only real way to solve this is sway, but that doesn't work.