Author Topic: Times in FH1/2 you felt 'proud', or perhaps simply awesome.  (Read 52834 times)

Offline muratti

• View Profile
Re: Times in FH1/2 you felt 'proud', or perhaps simply awesome.
« Reply #405 on: 08-04-2012, 14:04:14 »
are you made of foam?

Offline CHRISTIEFRONTDRIVE

• View Profile
« Reply #406 on: 10-04-2012, 04:04:37 »
Normally I find your best rounds are after you've played a couple warm-up maps, you get your eye in after an hour or so, but after work today I came home praying there'd still be a server up and lo and behold, 762 still had 55 or 56 people on it. The map was Goodwood, and I was already pissed I'd missed it as I love that map, but it turns out the map had only just started and I'd missed barely a minute.

I spawned at La Prieure with my PIAT as usual, and a couple unsuccessful attempts at advancing on Cagny led me to consider heading for Grentheville instead. I normally don't go there but I was in tank-killing mood and I figure'd it'd be the best flag for it. I jumped in an APC and heading off bravely over open territory. I used the up arrow key to bring the windshield armor down, which I always do for the sheer joy of seeing it fold down but which never in 4 months of FH2 ever needed to be done, and not two seconds after it's down - pingpingpingpingpingping! Bullets smashed across my windshield but not one of them made it into the Purple Heart Box. I kept on it and bailed near the Nebelwerfer.

Now, I'm not one to brag, and normally in FH2 I am more useless than tits on a duck, but the stars aligned and I was fucking ON IT this round. I charged fearlessly into Grentheville, pistol drawn, and killed two Germans. A Panzer IV drove by, reversing, through the field by the Nebel. I crouched down and fired my PIAT from a range of roughly 80m, and dropped a round neatly on top of the Panzer IV, earning two kills. I ran into the town and capped the flag with the help of a teammate, was killed by some inf, before respawning again and killed an advancing Hanomag with a shot from an upstairs window. I killed two inf with one PIAT round sneaking through the trees shortly afterwards, before nailing a Panther with three rounds (two hits and a miss) about five minutes later. A couple more guys fell victim to my Colt before I managed to snag a second Panzer IV with a shot to the engine deck as it drove past my window. And then, the crowning jewel - the King Tiger had advanced upon the British lines, only to be nailed by the Firefly and retreated hastily up the main street at Grentheville, right passed the door to the house I was hiding in. Up in flames she went. I only got occasional half-tracks after that but it was a hell of a round.

It was topped only a couple maps later when my squad had relentlessly blasted around Anctoville, capping and recapping and re-recapping flags, only to have Mairie fall for the eleven-thousandth time not a minute after we'd capped it. I'd been carrying a No4 around most of the map but for once had managed to grab a Sten, and, losing patience with losing Mairie (the bottom flag on the map, with the Opel Blitz in the courtyard), I ran into the building and killed three guys in six seconds. Defended flag! Defended flag! Defended flag! I enjoyed a pleasant moment of typing 'Mairie clear' into teamchat and earning a 'DAMN!' from my squad leader. I picked up a PIAT from a fallen teammate and then used it to kill a Hanomag that had blasted past us and then all the way across an open field, with a perfectly-timed shot that caught the half-track right in the upper-rear part of the body work just as it drove behind a building. Not a bad day of FH, tonight.
Quote from: TASSER1
you suck. noone likes you. and your mother isn't pretty

Quote from: Eightball1182
Andrew.Drunk.Drive...I love u man. You get it...u get it 100%. Stay cool Canada brother.

• View Profile
« Reply #407 on: 14-04-2012, 06:04:50 »
Friday night on WaW. One grenade, six Germans dead, Bastogne won. And my luck for the night used up. But the rest of it went alright, a come-from-behind American victory on Brest (the score 41-62 Germany at one point) and finishing 1-0 America and getting the 2nd-highest score on Mersa Matruh (missing out on top spot 82 for Muratti and 80 for me). All things considered not a bad night.

Andrew.Drunk.Drive...I love u man. You get it...u get it 100%. Stay cool Canada brother.

Offline Korsakov829

• View Profile
« Reply #408 on: 14-04-2012, 17:04:41 »
Friday night on WaW. One grenade, six Germans dead, Bastogne won. And my luck for the night used up. But the rest of it went alright, a come-from-behind American victory on Brest (the score 41-62 Germany at one point) and finishing 1-0 America and getting the 2nd-highest score on Mersa Matruh (missing out on top spot 82 for Muratti and 80 for me). All things considered not a bad night.

It was a good night. Heavy MG on Bastogne kicks ass, but was pretty hard for me to tell who was who at some 130m. Snow blind, you know?

Offline TASSER

• View Profile
« Reply #409 on: 30-04-2012, 05:04:34 »
Easily my most awesome moment in FH occured back in FH1 on Gazala. I was in the Wespe at the main base shooting indirect fire into the flag area and actually shot down a low flying Spitfire with one of the shells ;D

It looked pretty cool watching that Spit blow up midair through the "spotter" camera.
BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!
BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! –ping       <3

Offline Akersorken

• View Profile
« Reply #410 on: 30-04-2012, 13:04:24 »
Killing 3 ppl on foot with one bazooka rocket trollolololo  ;D

Offline gavrant

• (Almost) retired dev
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: 30-04-2012, 15:04:12 »

Let me guess: yesterday, Ramelle, German left flank before the bridge ;) However, IIRC, it involved more than one rocket, shot at the closest quarters one can imagine.

Offline ajappat

• "Cheater"
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: 30-04-2012, 16:04:13 »

Let me guess: yesterday, Ramelle, German left flank before the bridge ;) However, IIRC, it involved more than one rocket, shot at the closest quarters one can imagine.
Could have been any map with with US + Akersorken combination.

Offline im_a_lazy_sod

• View Profile
« Reply #413 on: 01-05-2012, 16:05:25 »
Not me personally, but holy ****ing hell it was awesome

Ramelle, the krauts had capped us out and we had a couple of guys left.   They move in and we only have one guy left - Tigers and Marders are closing in and just over the otherside of the hedgerows.  Game over.

Enter mister Condottierri.  He runs and jumps in to the 76mm sherman and doesn't moves so it doesn't look like anyone has gotten in yet.  The tiger moves past the wall around the house and the sherman fires a shot in to the tracks.  Tiger is destroyed.

Condi then moves in to the cap zone and starts blasting HE and MG fire on to their troops and Marders.  He then caps back HQ.  Everyone rushes in and spawns.  We now have 4 Shermans up.  They all move in on the capable points.  We rush the **** out of the Germans and meet up with their respawned Tiger at bridge.  Yep, we were down to one guy left alive and capped out and we pushed them all the way back to bridge.  The game slows down and the Axis start counter (counter) attacking.

They cap us out again, but this time there is no Condottierri to save us =( We lose something like 150-0 after being 99.9% gone.

Epic battle!

http://awards.fh2.ifihada.com/round-detail/9991/
« Last Edit: 02-05-2012, 20:05:05 by im_a_lazy_sod »

Offline Smiles

• FH-Betatester
  • Boooo Auto-Spot! Booo
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: 01-05-2012, 16:05:39 »
Recently in a map i was chased by a few Germans while i was reloading. I came around a corner and decided to wait out my time there when a german dude come around another corner on the opposit of me. I saw him to late and he fired his first shot and hit, but i was only bleeding. In a hurry i searched for my bandage but because of the stress i managed drawing a pistol, knife and BAR within the second before i finally found my bandage wich i used. The German appeared for another shot with a buddy of him, and i grabbed my bar and blind fired at them, killing them both (35/45m away). I couldn believe my luck and i reloaded, and right after i finished 2 other german dudes appeared who were originally chasing my and i blind fired again, this time them beign 5 m away i made them weigh a few kg of led more, and i felt awwwwwwwsooomeeee.
I'm taking my own freedom
puttin' it in my song
singing loud and strong
proving all day long
I'm takin' my freedom
puttin' it in my stroll
I'll be hop-steppin' y'all
lettin' the joy unfold

• View Profile
« Reply #415 on: 06-05-2012, 05:05:22 »
Tonight on WaW we were doing El Alamein 16 and like I usually do when there's less than 20 online I try to use the less-serious atmosphere to practice with weapons I don't normally get the opportunity to use - tonight, it was the Panzerbuchse. It was a week or so ago I'd felt I really got the hang of aiming with it, but tonight I found out I was wrong, for I was nailing enemy infantry at a good 40-50% rate. I had strings of three or four straight misses here and there, but I'd say it averaged out to 4 or 5 hits for every 10 shots fired, and included a great kill streak where I managed to nail 4 enemy soldiers in 4 straight shots. One was very close, but two were at a distance I wouldn't have been completely confident using a normal rifle, and the last one was days away. He might as well have still been on the last map, but I lined him up and blew him to smithereens. When tank hunting I'll take the Boys rifle 10 times out of 10 if it's available but there was something definitely awesome-feeling in slamming the single shot into the gun. You don't get hit indicators on infantry which feels a bit awkward, but that feeling goes away fast when you look up and see you're lighting up the obituaries in the top left of the screen.

Offline Raziel

• Bullet Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: 07-05-2012, 14:05:36 »
[Small wall of text coming]
I really had a good laugh last Saturday on hslan. We were playing ElAlamein (British). Grabbed a Daimler from the main base and headed to the South east of the map past Miteiriya Ridge. There I started prowling unsuspecting tanks. Killed a Marder and a Panzer 4 (track shot) which were focused on Kidney ridge and didn't even see me coming. Re-captured the el Deib Flag and retreated back towards SE corner. Another tank saw me and started chasing me/firing. I was trying to escape with shots landing really close when I hit a burning petrol tank static and I glitched....the daimler rose a couple of metres from the ground and I saw a shell fly underneath me (through were I was a split second before!)  :o Landed and ran away while laughing my head off! [end of wall of text]

Offline GIJordncc1701d

• View Profile
« Reply #417 on: 14-05-2012, 07:05:51 »
Daimlar armored car, driving on El Alamein. Stuka siren coming from behind. I swing my turret around. Start firing the Besa, accidently left click. Blow him out of the sky with the 2lb gun.

Offline im_a_lazy_sod

• View Profile
« Reply #418 on: 22-05-2012, 06:05:54 »
Seen that happen a few times with the Daimlers on El Al :)

Is pretty damn awesome

• View Profile
« Reply #419 on: 08-06-2012, 20:06:45 »
I don't often lead the scoring, but when I do, it's by a huge margin. Normally on Giarabub 16 on WaW Thursdays/Fridays I practice my pistoling and AT-rifling, but the Thompson was temptingly never limited for the first five minutes of the round, despite a good 12 or 13 people on each team, and I love it on single-shot. At the end of the round I was 112 points, 48 teamwork points, 47 kills and 20 deaths, the next best player on 60 points and next best kills on 23 or 24. It was the only time in my 6-month FH2 history I lead both the teamwork and combat points, and the only time I got the (silver) Submachine gunner medal.