Author Topic: Siege of Giarabub 32  (Read 11433 times)

Offline Toddel

• Administrator
  • Donate for the biggest BattleField Mod Supporter!!
    • View Profile
Siege of Giarabub 32
« on: 29-03-2009, 12:03:32 »
"If you have a suggestions or want to give us some Feedback about this Map you can Post it here!"

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Re: Siege of Giarabub 32
« Reply #1 on: 23-03-2014, 02:03:10 »
Damn, thought I had given my feedback on this map already ???

For what it's worth I just got off a round of this today, but I've played it several times in the past. I like the concept, Aussies running to capture oasis then 2 flags to hold in the fort itself, then one more flag. I love fighting in the Oasis because it gives the map such a different 'feel.'

For the times I've played this map tho it seems as if the Aussies are at a real disadvantage the whole time. Pushing into the foliage of the well entrenched Italians is suicide and it takes a lot of good teamwork and a very good mortar man at the helm to get the first flag. I like that the first flag is tough but usually I've never seen the Aussies even cap it. I also feel this map plays a bit too short, the tickets might be set pretty low and the Aussies bleed until they hold 2 flags in Giarabub itself (imo it's a bit of a stretch to take those first 3 flags before you team has anything more than 50 tickets left to the Italians 200) imo I'd maybe stop the Aussie bleed once they grab Oasis.

BUG REPORT ???
However today I was on a good, well coordinated Aussie team and we grabbed the first 2 flags in the fort with about 80 tickets left. We then set about taking the Village flag (the only one open at the time) and then assumed the East Gia flag would be next. But once we capped the village flag, it was over for the Italians. They just started rapidly bleeding as if they didn't hold any flags (East Gia flag was open to cap at this point) and we won about 40-0.

I've honestly never seen the map play out this far before so I'd never seen this bug and I'm not sure if it's been brought to the devs attention. For what it's worth I'd really like to see this map tweaked and balanced in the future. It's a really good and really unique layer of a good map so when it pops up on the rotation when the server is dying down I quite enjoy it. :)

also, just my two cents but I'd love to see the sandstorm effect from tell el aqqaqir flag in Supercharge placed on one of the alt layers of this map ;)       

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 23-03-2014, 17:03:03 »
I've honestly never seen the map play out this far before so I'd never seen this bug and I'm not sure if it's been brought to the devs attention.
Thank you, it has :)

Offline gavrant

• (Almost) retired dev
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10-04-2014, 17:04:11 »
2.46 changelog for Siege of Giarabub 32

• Increased the ticket number for both teams from 400 to 500.
  • Reduced the Australian bleed speed from 30 to 15 tickets per minute.
  • The Australians stop bleeding when they capture or neutralize all the flags (fixes the bug reported by Matthew Baker two posts above).
  • New sniper pickup kit for the Italians - the captured Pattern rifle + the usual Italo-German stuff.

Offline x4fun ODIUM

• View Profile
    • www.762-ranking.de
« Reply #4 on: 15-10-2015, 19:10:50 »
The "album": http://imgur.com/a/n9u0P
Please fix the push code, it breaks the gameplay in this map.

« Last Edit: 15-10-2015, 19:10:05 by x4fun ODIUM »
Kind Regards / MfG
x4fun I<ODIUM>I

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 18-10-2015, 17:10:21 »
I agree with this personally. This map is a nightmare for the Australians with all the flags they have to defend and cap

Offline CaproGreene

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 20-09-2018, 10:09:10 »
The "album": http://imgur.com/a/n9u0P
Please fix the push code, it breaks the gameplay in this map.

The 32 layer really needs to be changed. Or get out of rotation. 16 and 64 are beautifull.

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 20-09-2018, 10:09:52 »
How to change it then?

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 20-09-2018, 13:09:02 »
Let’s make it a team death match with no flags and other ABC line crap whatsoever, just like 32p version of Olympus

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 20-09-2018, 23:09:21 »
I don't like TDM personally, but what Odium suggested above is pretty nice;

1st Flag can't be recapped.

Then group Barracks/ Mosque into a sector.

Then Village/ East into the last sector.

OR

After 1st flag is capped and locked. 2nd "sector" is like Lenino but with 3 flags in conquest mode (Barracks/ Mosque/ Village). Then East can turn into an uncappable main base w/ ABC line.

Offline CaproGreene

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 12-12-2018, 13:12:51 »
How to change it then?

32 Layer: extra flag in the south, outside perimeter city. 2 sides attack possible.

Not only for mapping perspective, also for admins. 32 layers as it is: mucho shooting into main incl (commander) arty.